Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I'd like some recommendations choosing some new headphones.

Budget - ~$100 though I'm willing to go higher if that means I can hit some sweet spot.
Source - For the most part, an iPhone or Android phone.
Isolation Requirements - They're mostly for use on public transport, chores and in the office, so yes.
Preferred Type of Headphone - IEM I think.
Preferred Tonal Balance - Probably balanced with a slant to bass.
Past Headphones - Nothing of note.
Preferred Music - Mostly Podcasts, Hip Hop, Electronica, Dance and Pop.

I also need a Mic, and some controls (pause/volume/skip) that work with both an iPhone and some kind of android (probably the new Nexus 5).

Bluetooth would be nice too, if it doesn't add too much?

Cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Midorka posted:

If you're in no rush the a-JAYS Five will be out soon, I'd expect by Christmas.

@losoall, the Sennheiser HD25-1 II seems like they might be for you.

They seem pretty good. Is there a bluetooth option in this price range, or does that require too much sound quality sacrifice?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Midorka posted:

If you're in no rush the a-JAYS Five will be out soon, I'd expect by Christmas.

@losoall, the Sennheiser HD25-1 II seems like they might be for you.

So while I'm here waiting for the a-JAYS Five, amazon lets me know about the JLab JBuds J4 are 66% to $30ish dollars. Is this worth picking up? Are JLabs even the same company as JAY?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0011TS8LM

My previous post:

rapeface posted:

I'd like some recommendations choosing some new headphones.

Budget - ~$100 though I'm willing to go higher if that means I can hit some sweet spot.
Source - For the most part, an iPhone or Android phone.
Isolation Requirements - They're mostly for use on public transport, chores and in the office, so yes.
Preferred Type of Headphone - IEM I think.
Preferred Tonal Balance - Probably balanced with a slant to bass.
Past Headphones - Nothing of note.
Preferred Music - Mostly Podcasts, Hip Hop, Electronica, Dance and Pop.

I also need a Mic, and some controls (pause/volume/skip) that work with both an iPhone and some kind of android (probably the new Nexus 5).

Bluetooth would be nice too, if it doesn't add too much?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Midorka posted:

Those look like cheap IEMs I'd find in a bargain bin. I wouldn't recommend those. Also, no, not the same company.

grack posted:

No. Jlabs headphones have ridiculous MSRPs so they can always be sold at "massive discounts". They're pretty crappy headphones.

Thanks guys. Glad I checked before plonking down cash.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

PRADA SLUT posted:

Are there any wireless earbuds with excellent isolation?

Jaybirds are out, I got a pair that failed a week later and they wouldn't replace them because they were bought on sale from Amazon. gently caress those guys. Also, I wasn't that impressed with the headphones anyway.

I can suck it up and buy some Bose QC35s but I was hoping for earbuds first.

That sucks dude, I got mine from Amazon too and when my failed, they sent me new ones all the way to Australia as soon as took a picture of me cutting the old ones in half.

Edit:

PRADA SLUT posted:

The charging case on the AirPods is a genius move.

It's pretty much the same as the Samsung Icon X and Earin True Wireless.

crepeface fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Sep 8, 2016

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I got the Jabra 65T Elite Actives since they were on sale, anyone have experience with the the ear fit? I have fairly small ear holes (currently using Jaybird Comply Foam Tips.)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Artelier posted:

I've got fairly small ear holes and it "locks" in fine enough when I use the out of the box small tips. Doesn't come out so easily, even when I work out. Skip rope, boxing drills, running, cycling.

Nice, thanks. This is probably the biggest luxury I've bought for myself in awhile, I'm excited!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I have a pair of Jabra 65T Actives where the microphone doesn't work at all. I bought them on sale so the stores are out of stock for a replacement and Jabra themselves are running through the usual support bullshit like rebooting, etc. Does anyone know anything? I'm on a Pixel 4 XL and my Bose QC35s work for calls and I've tested on a Pixel 1 and an iPad as well. My friend has my exact set up (Pixel 4 XL + Jabras) and his works fine. :mad: