Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

We recently moved to an area where we can watch birds fish and I want to get a good set of binoculars. Is Celestron a well regarded brand? They appear on some "Best Value" lists and their prices are pretty attractive.

Here is a list of three that I'm considering:

Is there any Goon Favorite set of glasses? I'd like to use them at the range occasionally too, if that helps/ complicates things.

Edit: In case this is useful, here is where they will mostly see use:

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Mar 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I was reading a great article on Audubon that helped- I’m leaning more towards the Nikon Prostaff 3S 8x42, but will check outbthe Monarchs.

I would not be birding at the (gun) range, just looking for tiny holes and swearing a bunch. For the most part they would sit in my living room for eagle spotting uses.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I ended up going with the Nikons in 10x42 after reading that for the distances I’m be using them for, the birds would not be moving fast enough to justify the 8x

I’m looking forward to them!