Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I've spotted Mississippi kites in my neighborhood twice this week, so I hope they'll be sticking around. They're so cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

orange breasted waxbill? female/juvenile?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

What the gently caress

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The maintenance guys broke my hummingbird feeder once. They never said anything to me about it; I just came home to a smashed feeder.

Renting sucks

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The wood thrushes are back :allears:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

My tulip poplars are blooming, and today a bunch of cedar waxwings are hopping around all the flowers bingeing on nectar. Only ever seen them do that with berries before.

Also, chickadees are nesting in the box we put up :)

Fitzy Fitz fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 11, 2020

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Great photos. I really need a zoom lens.

A couple of Mississippi kites have been circling over my house lately. It's cool watching them dart around and eat bugs midflight.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Yeah I got fed up refilling my feeder every time a squirrel dumped it out, so I set out a flat log and poured seed in it, and tbh it was really cool.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Bufflehead?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

God why is it so hard to tell hawk species apart? I cannot do it.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Cythereal posted:

I heard my first fall migrant today! Grey catbird, as usual impossible to find in the bushes but their calls are one of the most regular signs of the changing seasons here in Florida.

Oh, are they one their way out? They're such funny little birds.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

What's cool to me is how much more interesting common birds become once you learn more about them. Lots of formerly little brown/gray blobs are now some of my favorite birds

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The only thing that's odd about those (aside from the stripe above the eye) is that I'm used to phoebes having more of a squat, puffball shape. That's exactly their behavior though. They love to sit on the posts in my neighbor's yard, pump their tails, and frequently hop into the air to grab an insect before returning to the same post.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Not sure! I'm in georgia, so I see them pretty often in high heat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

My backyard is so loud rn