Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

So who else is gonna sous vide a turkey this year?

actually, i was just coming in to ask about this! got a recommended recipe or anything? i'm looking to do a smaller bird since i think it's going to be me and my two parents... and that's it, lol. my partner might try a tiny piece but she's pescatarian so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I sous vided turkey yesterday and it was perfect. Time to do it again today with the dark meat :getin:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

qutius posted:

Did the serious eats turkey breast, gravy, and roasted cracklins again for this year's Thanksgiving.

Absolutely killer method to do turkey breast and of course so easy! This has been the third year in a row, and it gets requested heavily. No photos but certainly recommend!

this was my second year in a row doing it, yeah it's the fuckin best. juiciest turkey :yum:

love the skin pieces too, goddamn. i did a bigger bird so i used my cooler to sous vide two bags. worked great.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

I would not eat chicken that spent an entire day in a liquid bath at room temperature.

What if it was a big chest though, and actually at freezing temperatures? Some kind of, chest freezer, or something

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Forgot to share my sous vide helper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Sage butter sous vide-ed lobster, and crispy up kale with sharp cheddar :yum: