Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Oh yeah another classic in the NIN disco genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I've always wondered what Bleedthrough would have been like. Was the original album more experimental and leaning further in the direction of Beside You In Time & The Line Begins To Blur or was it more of a straight-up garage rock record with Trent deciding to add some variety and rename? We know Non-Entity & Not So Pretty Now were originally recorded for WT but didn't make the final cut and each song is in either camp so it's hard to tell. Non-Entity should have been on the album imo.

Good album though and like most people, my only complaints are with some of the lyrics. Trent must have listened to a lot of Radiohead after the Fragility tour ended because All The Love In The World sounds quite inspired but the music video for Hand That Feeds is literally a copy of Radiohead's music video for Idioteque :haw:

Hope Aaron North is doing well these days.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

All The Love in the World is in top 10 NIN songs for me

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I remember the early interview quotes about the album emphasized it being "monophonic" or something like that, like it wouldn't have chords or something? Which, unless I'm missing some music theory nerd thing, does not seem to have turned out to be the case at all.

I also remember some famous quote about it being "12 punches in the face".

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I fell down a music theory nerd rabbit hole on YouTube and it was pretty fun. Lots of stuff I hadn’t thought of since high school band days. Ixi music is a good watch for lots of NIN music theory content!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

priznat posted:

I fell down a music theory nerd rabbit hole on YouTube and it was pretty fun. Lots of stuff I hadn’t thought of since high school band days. Ixi music is a good watch for lots of NIN music theory content!
She hasn't been doing much NIN content recently because she's been focusing on other artists like Radiohead and A Perfect Circle, but I still watch all her videos :)

Finding/watching her stuff in 2021 singlehandedly inspired me to make my 5th album.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Rageaholic posted:

She hasn't been doing much NIN content recently because she's been focusing on other artists like Radiohead and A Perfect Circle, but I still watch all her videos :)

Finding/watching her stuff in 2021 singlehandedly inspired me to make my 5th album.

Yah she has a ton of NIN content and yeah most of the bands she likes I like too so it’s a solid channel.

She and I are aligned on the secret sauce in Deftones being drummer Abe, he rips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I first listened to with teeth after trent spoiled the ending of million dollar baby when he complained about people ruining their first experience listening to bootleg copies of the album