Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My cat is now traumatized and will run if he sees me holding this thing. It's basically as noisy as a battery operated dremel tool, and the vibrations can be quite startling to a cat or dog. On the plus side I've tested it on myself and yeah, it basically doesnt do anything to skin or nail beds, only harder material like nails. Pushing with too much pressure will cause the nail to heat up though, and can be quite uncomfortable, so take it easy.

All this requires the animal to cooperate. I dont know, if your critter can tolerate having an electric toothbrush or a vibrating dildo on their paws, they'll probably be okay with this.

Pros: Pretty safe and fast
Cons: Will you even be able to get close to your animal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
Need a sturdy wire crate that's not a pain in the rear end to assemble/disassemble that will securely contain a 37 pound extreme escape artist dog. Suggestions?

Chachikoala
Jun 30, 2003
Chachi+Koala

nwin posted:

Speaking of roombas, does anyone have one with pets and hardwood/tile floors?

We have hardwood and might move to a place with tile, and we have two boston terriers that shed a little bit, but constantly have to dust/sweep the floors for their hair and dust bunnies.

Any thoughts on roombas?

Our dog hair cleaning life was horrible until we bought our roomba. The only trick is you have to empty the bin every day. It makes a noticeable difference in dog hair accumulation.

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Those of you with Roombas and non-crated dogs: do the dogs get used to the Roomba or do the dogs chase it around and bark at it?

Our dogs (one of whom is pretty neurotic) just got used to it after awhile.

Gonktastic
Jan 18, 2007

Roomba wise, we found that if you have mostly bare floors with small area rugs, it either bunches them up and/or gets stuck or leaves small piles of hair and dirt behind when it goes over them. Also got annoyed that it can't effectively clean under tables with chairs pushed in. We also had a couch that wasn't even underneath that it ended up stuck under endlessly.

Otherwise, Roombas are awesome- just evaluate how well a 1' circular object will be able to navigate your tight spaces.

Dog also became totally used to it quickly and just jumped out of the way if it ran into her.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Gonktastic posted:

Roomba wise, we found that if you have mostly bare floors with small area rugs, it either bunches them up and/or gets stuck or leaves small piles of hair and dirt behind when it goes over them. Also got annoyed that it can't effectively clean under tables with chairs pushed in. We also had a couch that wasn't even underneath that it ended up stuck under endlessly.

See also: Kong Wobblers. Jesus Christ Tater it's like you make a game out of pushing the damned thing under the couch as quickly as possible. Oh wait, of course it's a game. Lucky you're cute.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Need a sturdy wire crate that's not a pain in the rear end to assemble/disassemble that will securely contain a 37 pound extreme escape artist dog. Suggestions?

Honestly, I wouldn't use a collapsible wire crate with an escape artist dog. Too many horror stories of the dogs collapsing it on themselves and seriously injuring/killing themselves. I shrugged the stories off and came home to Dex almost collapsing it on himself so NOPEEEE. You can use zip ties to keep it from collapsing on them, but depends on your dog. I know Dex would eat at the zip ties if I tried.

slingshot effect
Sep 28, 2009

the wonderful wizard of welp
The Furminator: highly recommended!

My other half bought a Furminator recently after someone at Pet Barn sweet talked him a little. Squirrel LOVES it, and she's usually not wild about getting brushed. The first night I brushed a second cat out of her medium coat, then repeated it the next day with identical results. It's been a month and her shedding has dramatically reduced, and I'm not waking up with as much cat hair in my eyes :v:

It's hideously expensive (AUD$50-something) but it works like a charm and Squirrel will demand brushes if she spots it on the shelf. When spring rolls around and she starts shedding her giant puffball winter coat, that thing is gonna pay for itself.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
Did I do a review for these cat toys? Well, I love them so I'm doing them again.

My cats have short attention spans and don't play with any toys. Someone told me that the Yeowww! brand catnip toys are amazing so I bought the banana on a whim.

My big, fat, bored cat who doesn't play with anything loving loves these toys. If he's walking and comes across one, he immediately stops and goes to town eviscerating the gently caress out of it. They also must be indestructible because they've been through hell and back, between the cats trying to kill it and me trying to suck it up with the vacuum every few weeks. What the hell is in these toys that make them way more exciting than other cat toys?

Only downside is they do get kind of floppy.

I have the banana and the lemon and my cat's will kick each other's rear end to get a hold of it.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

cryingscarf posted:

Honestly, I wouldn't use a collapsible wire crate with an escape artist dog. Too many horror stories of the dogs collapsing it on themselves and seriously injuring/killing themselves. I shrugged the stories off and came home to Dex almost collapsing it on himself so NOPEEEE. You can use zip ties to keep it from collapsing on them, but depends on your dog. I know Dex would eat at the zip ties if I tried.

I have a hard-sided airline crate but it's big and a pain in the rear end to carry around. It's fine at home but when I start taking him to agility trials I'm either going to have to have him with me 24/7, lug around this huge crate that takes up all the cargo space in my car, or find some other way to contain him that he can't get out of.

An ideal solution would be a 6 foot tall x-pen with a roof :downs:

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good pet insurance company in the U.S.? I have two cats and am in Missouri if that matters.

ghostgirl118
Oct 15, 2013

I've seen some shit
I could also use a such a recommendation. I'm in Texas with one (maybe 2 soon?) greyhound. I read somewhere that someone has healthypaws?

I saw this link and wondered if any goons had some advice.

http://www.petinsurancereview.com/dog.asp

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I have a hard-sided airline crate but it's big and a pain in the rear end to carry around. It's fine at home but when I start taking him to agility trials I'm either going to have to have him with me 24/7, lug around this huge crate that takes up all the cargo space in my car, or find some other way to contain him that he can't get out of.

An ideal solution would be a 6 foot tall x-pen with a roof :downs:

I crate in my car at agility trials, since my dog screams. A good shadecloth setup (or emergency blankets), windows all the way down/hatch open and battery operated fan is good for when it's under 85 or so.

lambeth
Aug 31, 2009
I don't think this has been mentioned, but I recommend the Kong Kickeroos. One of my cats loves attacking hands (a work in progress, sigh) and this gives him something to attack to his heart's delight when my other cat doesn't want to play.

I also have to nth the love for the PetSafe electric feeder. It's very good for day trips and for when one of your cats is a cat Houdini who manages to figure out how to open the pantry door and will eat both his and the other cat's multi-meal portions in one sitting.

InEscape
Nov 10, 2006

stuck.

spregalia posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good pet insurance company in the U.S.? I have two cats and am in Missouri if that matters.

ghostgirl118 posted:

I could also use a such a recommendation. I'm in Texas with one (maybe 2 soon?) greyhound. I read somewhere that someone has healthypaws?

Most of the time PI recommends not carrying pet insurance, and instead keeping a vet fund savings account. The consensus is that, with few exceptions, they aren't worth it.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

ghostgirl118 posted:

I'm going to partially quote myself from another thread when this came up. spregalia not sure if pet plan is also good for cats, but it's worth a look

Psychobabble! posted:

The one I'm going with is PetPlan, as it seems like the best deal and has the best coverage(including heredity issues for no extra charge, and none of that other "we only cover arthritis or cancer till the dog is x age" crap). Pretty much every insurance plan I've looked at includes sickness, it just doesn't cover routine care (shots and whatnot). If you go with petplan they also give you a discount on your rate if your pet is microchipped, which is why I'm waiting to get it until I get my dog fixed(having the microchip put in while she's under). Their base plan has a 10k/year limit and comes out to about 25 dollars for my dog, and tbh 300 dollars a year is worth the peace of mind to me, especially because my puppy is a little spitfire at the dog park and has a bad habit of swallowing things she shouldn't.

Keep in mind (in the states anyways, apparently other places are different), all the insurance I've seen makes you pay up front for services, and then they reimburse you. Apparently petplan has a really fast turn around time, but some can take quite a while (VPI, or so I've heard. gently caress VPI).

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

InEscape posted:

Most of the time PI recommends not carrying pet insurance, and instead keeping a vet fund savings account. The consensus is that, with few exceptions, they aren't worth it.

I disagree with this because there are a good few PI posters who have pet insurance and would recommend others to at least consider it (cause it really isn't for everyone/every case). Like any insurance it is a gamble to pay the monthly fees for the chance that something bad will happen. You could go through the dog's whole life with no claims (which is the ideal case I would think!), but omg is it good to have if something does come up. It would have been awesome if we had it for Monty and his billion health issues... which was why my dad made it a requirement that I get pet insurance when I got my own dog. I have PetPlan Bronze for Dexter, and as annoying as the monthly fees can be, it is reassuring to know that I have that safety net. The huge deciding factor IMO is when you actually sign up for the insurance. It is less useful if you get it after you've had the dog for a while and have pre-existing conditions in their vet records, because they will totally use those as excuses to not cover your dog for things in the future. But if you sign up for it right when you get the dog before pre-existing conditions can build up, it is something to look into.

I also have an emergency vet fund in addition to the pet insurance though. I like to be extra sure that I can fix my puppy up if he gets broken.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

I'd like to recommend PetTags4Less (http://www.pettags4less.com/). Yes, you get a Bible quote on your envelope, but the prices are good, I got my tag shipped out really quick (ordered on Sunday, got on Thursday) and while the tags are plain, the prices are right, especially if you have a long address. Also, they have a few nice custom fonts to choose from. Overall, a good purchase and investment.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Pet insurance is a godsend to people on fixed incomes, to chime in. I was able to afford all my cat's eye medication without cutting into the food budget. :toot:

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

wtftastic posted:

I'd like to recommend PetTags4Less (http://www.pettags4less.com/). Yes, you get a Bible quote on your envelope, but the prices are good, I got my tag shipped out really quick (ordered on Sunday, got on Thursday) and while the tags are plain, the prices are right, especially if you have a long address. Also, they have a few nice custom fonts to choose from. Overall, a good purchase and investment.

Also recommending these guys. Here's one of Shadow's tags I got from them:

He's had it for probably a year or more now, it's still holding up well (paint is scraped up a bit around the edges is all) and the split O-ring they give you to attach it to the collar is really sturdy.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

So my new dog is a not a chewer. He won't play with any of his nylabone chew toys or dental chews. If I try to throw him the Kong Puppy he kind of looks at it while it is in my hand and in the air, but loses interest the second it is thrown or given. Kong Wobbler seems to be too complicated for him as he is never able to get treats out of it and gives up very quickly after sniffing around the hole, this may be the result of it being too big for him? Got him a Kong squeaker that he doesn't actually bite or enjoy the squeak in any way, but he just cuddles with it in his crate. No interest in playing with or fetching a racquetball It seems like when we're home he just wants to play with me, pace around, or nap. I'm thinking about getting a smaller ball treat dispenser and some high value treats to attempt to engage him a bit? Are there any families of toys I'm forgetting to try or do I just have a dog who doesn't like to play with toys? He is a 14 month old rescue, predominantly shepherd mutt, and generally anxious.

e; I do have a rug in my bedroom that he absolutely loves to roll around on that I'm ready to move to the living room.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 2, 2014

daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

My titan engine can kick your titan engine's ass.

wtftastic posted:

Alternative: Boomerang Tags

I bought these for Q-Ball and Prince (RIP) because they just slip right over the collar. No muss, no dangly bits to get caught when they scratch their neck, no noise, nothing. The engraving is deep and it will not wear out.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

So my new dog is a not a chewer. He won't play with any of his nylabone chew toys or dental chews. If I try to throw him the Kong Puppy he kind of looks at it while it is in my hand and in the air, but loses interest the second it is thrown or given. Kong Wobbler seems to be too complicated for him as he is never able to get treats out of it and gives up very quickly after sniffing around the hole, this may be the result of it being too big for him? Got him a Kong squeaker that he doesn't actually bite or enjoy the squeak in any way, but he just cuddles with it in his crate. No interest in playing with or fetching a racquetball It seems like when we're home he just wants to play with me, pace around, or nap. I'm thinking about getting a smaller ball treat dispenser and some high value treats to attempt to engage him a bit? Are there any families of toys I'm forgetting to try or do I just have a dog who doesn't like to play with toys? He is a 14 month old rescue, predominantly shepherd mutt, and generally anxious.

e; I do have a rug in my bedroom that he absolutely loves to roll around on that I'm ready to move to the living room.

Some dogs just don't like toys.

How long have you had him? He may still be getting used to you and doesn't want to let his guard down and be a goofy fun dog yet. We adopted a dog from the shelter and it was several months before he would play with a toy in our presence, even with a Kong stuffed full of goodies. Now almost two years later he's all about Kongs and puzzle toys and loves to play tug (still doesn't, and likely never will, fetch or play with non-puzzle toys by himself).

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
For all my hootin' and hollerin' about how berserk Tater goes at the dog park he's never cared much for new toys at home. Of all the crap I've bought him or has come in his bark box the only things that have ever held his attention without my interaction have been his octopus (for humpin'), his pony (for suckling), a green rubber ball he brought from the dog park one day and most importantly, this:

He saw this bunny on the floor of my folks' house the day I brought him home. He humped it. He's too big to hump it now but it's still his favorite two years later, with a nice juicy ol' neck he likes to suckle rhythmically.

Every other toy I've offered him has been given ten minutes' attention maximum unless I literally shove it I. His face.

Tayter Swift fucked around with this message at 06:50 on May 3, 2014

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Some dogs just don't like toys.

How long have you had him? He may still be getting used to you and doesn't want to let his guard down and be a goofy fun dog yet. We adopted a dog from the shelter and it was several months before he would play with a toy in our presence, even with a Kong stuffed full of goodies. Now almost two years later he's all about Kongs and puzzle toys and loves to play tug (still doesn't, and likely never will, fetch or play with non-puzzle toys by himself).

I've had him for 3 weeks. He seems like he has grown comfortable with me quickly and is overall taking very well to training and general behavior. The only two issues we've really had have been he FREAKS OUT royally if I leave the apartment without him (still working on crate training him, thankfully I have the super's blessing to make as much noise as needed during the day in this process and he will ignore any complaints about him - going to just put up with the barking and leave him for longer and longer periods of time this week) and that he doesn't really appear to want to play with toys.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

I've had him for 3 weeks. He seems like he has grown comfortable with me quickly and is overall taking very well to training and general behavior. The only two issues we've really had have been he FREAKS OUT royally if I leave the apartment without him (still working on crate training him, thankfully I have the super's blessing to make as much noise as needed during the day in this process and he will ignore any complaints about him - going to just put up with the barking and leave him for longer and longer periods of time this week) and that he doesn't really appear to want to play with toys.

I'd still give it another couple months before writing off that he doesn't like playing with toys. With my dog he was a nice, well-behaved trainable dog from day 1, but it was still a few months before he was comfortable enough to break out of his shell and let his personality come out. It was a lot of little things like transitioning from "yes please a walk would be nice thank you" to "gently caress YEAH WALK TIME" while doing a stupid happy dance by the door.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I'd still give it another couple months before writing off that he doesn't like playing with toys. With my dog he was a nice, well-behaved trainable dog from day 1, but it was still a few months before he was comfortable enough to break out of his shell and let his personality come out. It was a lot of little things like transitioning from "yes please a walk would be nice thank you" to "gently caress YEAH WALK TIME" while doing a stupid happy dance by the door.

Yeah I'm leaving all of the toys in his little area. He is very protective of them being there. Easiest way to "trick" him into his crate is to place one of his bones right on the edge of the entrance and he will be compelled to go into the crate, spin, and place is gently in the "right" spot. Will keep getting things that are recommended in the thread that don't match what I have, leave what I have out, and see if another few weeks change anything - he is already so different than he was 3 weeks ago.

daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

My titan engine can kick your titan engine's ass.

Nephzinho posted:

he doesn't really appear to want to play with toys.

It could also be the toy type. When I first adopted Q-Ball, he had no idea how to Play or what Toys were. I had to repeatedly shove them in his mouth for a month before he got the idea that it was okay to chew on anything that wasn't food. It took both of us the better part of a few months to figure out that he likes squeaky toys that he can de-stuff and de-squeaker, beef marrow bones, and pizzle sticks. Anything else can go hang.

Are you providing a variety of toys? Plush, hard, ball, long, squeaker, no squeaker, puzzle toy, tug rope, etc?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

daggerdragon posted:

It could also be the toy type. When I first adopted Q-Ball, he had no idea how to Play or what Toys were. I had to repeatedly shove them in his mouth for a month before he got the idea that it was okay to chew on anything that wasn't food. It took both of us the better part of a few months to figure out that he likes squeaky toys that he can de-stuff and de-squeaker, beef marrow bones, and pizzle sticks. Anything else can go hang.

Are you providing a variety of toys? Plush, hard, ball, long, squeaker, no squeaker, puzzle toy, tug rope, etc?

Yes, I have toys of all of those varieties.

Looks like all I needed to do was complain to goons about it - today Cid spontaneously decided that he was going to chew the poo poo out of that bone he has been guarding for the past 2 weeks and devote an hour to its destruction. Kong chew toy just needed some peanut butter inside and now he keeps playing with it expecting there to be MORE inside -- going to throw that sucker in the freezer tonight.

ghostgirl118
Oct 15, 2013

I've seen some shit
Do any goons have a monthly pet box subscription? there are a TON of options out there, and I was hoping some of you guys/gals could help me out with the decision making.

Also, this lady made a great list, some of which she personally reviewed, and a few even focused on puppies, cats, and birds, ferrets, etc.
http://www.ramblingsofasuburbanmom.com/2012/12/pet-monthly-subscription-boxes/

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Tater gets decent mileage out of his Barkbox, but I'm probably overpaying. There's generally a couple good treat bags (including motherfuckin alligator treats holy poo poo), a toy which he'll ignore, and some treat bag of hippie crap like carob or something that no sane dog would eat.

That said... Jesus Christ that woman must get like thirty boxes of poo poo every month :stare:

ghostgirl118
Oct 15, 2013

I've seen some shit
You have no idea. http://www.ramblingsofasuburbanmom.com/monthly-subscription-box-list/

the previous page was just the pet box list.

On another note, the spoiled rotten box is looking really good. If anyone else is in the market, I would suggest checking that one out. And if you don't like the box/you already subscribed, you can cancel the subscription and just buy stuff you like from their store with the remaining credit they give you back.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Personally, I prefer to lurk blogs/reviews each month from people who pay for the monthly subscription boxes and if I see a thing in it that I didn't already know about that my dog will enjoy... I just buy it on my own. In the long run it is a lot cheaper. I got 2 months of BarkBox and most of the items didn't fit my dog's tastes and it was a waste.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Can anyone recommend a cooling collar/harness/vest for two boston terriers while walking them in North Carolina?

We took the out last night and ten minutes into it they were just about done! Took forever for them to cool down. It was about 80 degrees out with 90% humidity.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams
This might be a little different as it is not an official pet toy, buuuut:

http://sweetfactory.com/skittles-filled-santa-twist-and-pour-dispenser-gluten-free-gelatin-free.html

Santa Claus Twist and Pour Candy Dispenser - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

So, some Christmases ago, I got this kind of horrifying toy of Santa that barfs up Skittles when you twist it. I ate the skittles and wondered what I could do with this weird egg-shaped chunk of plastic instead of just adding to a landfill somewhere...

I have found that it is my bunny' favorite toy and it an amazing treat dispenser. I usually fill Santa with some alfalfa pellets and little chunks of banana chips (not too much, though)!

He loves to throw it, roll it, and when he gets finally gets a hold on it with his teeth - he does a triumphant victory lap around the room with it, usually ending in a huge flop. When he's done, he puts it in his cage to snuggle with when he's asleep.

It is made of plastic but my Santa doesn't have more than just scratches and teeth marks on it. Bun has no interest in destroying it - it's a treat giving friend! :)

It could probably work with cats, too! Dogs would probably break it, though.

Thanks for the thread! I'd love to see more goon-recommended Rabbit products here!

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

nwin posted:

Can anyone recommend a cooling collar/harness/vest for two boston terriers while walking them in North Carolina?

We took the out last night and ten minutes into it they were just about done! Took forever for them to cool down. It was about 80 degrees out with 90% humidity.

http://www.amazon.com/Sporn-Pet-Halter-Large-Black/dp/B0006L2QXM

I have a harness like this for my dog- covers less of them and has a breathable mesh front. Honestly though brachy breeds don't do great in high heat and humidity anyways so consider small short walks only.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

nwin posted:

http://www.hurtta.com/EN/Products/Training%20products/Cooling%20vest/

A friend of mine with a boston just ordered this for her dog. Idk anything about the quality of it, but might be something to look into.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

cryingscarf posted:

http://www.hurtta.com/EN/Products/Training%20products/Cooling%20vest/

A friend of mine with a boston just ordered this for her dog. Idk anything about the quality of it, but might be something to look into.

I just realized I completely misunderstood the question. I apologize. I thought they wanted a harness that was "cooler" than what they were previously using. Durrrrrr.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

wtftastic posted:

I just realized I completely misunderstood the question. I apologize. I thought they wanted a harness that was "cooler" than what they were previously using. Durrrrrr.

It's gotta be about 20% cooler. :ducks thrown dog-doo bags:

I've had little luck with 'cooling' products that rely on evaporation, particularly in stupid high humidity. I did, however, find this adorable DIY solution.

http://lifehacker.com/5919058/hack-an-old-pair-of-cargo-pants-into-a-dog-cooling-vest

Put some icy water ziplock bags or towel wrapped freeze-packs in the pockets to supplement evaporative cooling. Which anyone who lives in a swamp will tell you, is a cruel fantasy perpetuated by west-coast hippies suffering from severe dehydration.

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Can anyone recommend a really nice bed for a 50 lb dog? She is about to take a 2,000 mile cross country drive to move with me and I want something comfortable to put in the back seat, as well as something that she will sleep on when we get to the new house.

I imagine a nice comfy orthopedic bed will be great, but there are so many options out there that I don't even know where to start. As a bonus, my company is covering her move with me, so price isn't much of an object.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Anyone have a recommendation for a good leather (or other) harness for a 30 pound shepherd mix? I love Raw Paw's collar/leash/harness and sent a request for info on the harness after seeing the leash/collar costs and was blown away by how expensive they were quoting me ($250). I want to get something more durable/comfortable than the roggz poo poo we walk in the park now with, suggestions? Replacing the roggz stuff once a year, or going onto Etsy and getting a custom print of essentially the roggz pattern is pretty much my thought right now. Or getting the Raw Dog collar/leash and finding someone on etsy to make a harness (or just to custom make the full set)?

• Locked thread