Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

PetSafe Electronic Pet Feeder (2 Well), HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - This thing. This loving thing. It changed my life. My fatty cat was constantly begging for food, yowling for hours before dinner time. Finally fed up, I bought this after reviewing basin-style feeders and determining that my cat would probably just reach up inside the drat thing like other people's fatty cats did. This thing is awesome. You fill each side with food and set the timers for up to 48 hours (they're crank timers, so it's not 100% accurate, but you can get it within an hour of the time you want). I feed my cat twice a day with it, or I can set one for 24 hours and the other for 48 if I'm going to be out of town for a few days. My cat has never managed to break into this thing, despite spending the first few weeks trying his damnedest. It's not a mechanism they can pop open, it just will not give until the timer clicks and releases the lid. Cat even knocked it off the counter once, but it just kept ticking and didn't pop open. Not only that, but it's been running on the same battery (a single loving AA) since I bought it over a year ago, so it's super economical. I love this thing. My cat no longer yowls at me for food, but instead tears rear end across the house when he hears one of the lids pop open.

PetSafe SlimCat Interactive Toy and Food Dispenser, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - This was given to me as a PISSmas gift a few years ago, and it's amazing. You can adjust the toy so food falls out more easily, or set it to a higher difficulty. Great for cats who gobble down their food too quickly, this actually forces them to slow down by making them work for the food and only giving it to them in small quantities. I've also found it makes my cat reconsider how much he really needs to eat. If it's all sitting there in a bowl, he'll scarf it all down, but when he has to work for it, he only eats when he needs at the moment and then will come back later when he's hungry again. Perfect for anyone with a ham for a cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Maximusi posted:

Is there a compartment to put ice in the automatic feeder for wet food?

Actually, yes. The trays lift out and there is a bit of space below them. If you're interested, I can take a pic of it sans trays.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Not a problem, I'll try and remember tonight when I refill it.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

As premised, here's a pic of the interior of the timed feeder. That's about 2" of height without the tray in, so you'd have about 1-1.5" for ice or an ice pack underneath.

One of a Kind posted:

Incidentally, can anyone think of a device that does the same sort of thing, but with canned food? I have to literally spoon-feed him wet food or else he eats it too fast.

You could put it inside a kong toy that is made for use with paste-type treats. He'd have to really work at that to get out all out.

• Locked thread