Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Shnooks posted:

Yes! I was just looking for this thread.

I petsit for a lot of rich people, so I see a lot of dumb pet poo poo that cost way too much money. Recently I petsit for a lady who had 3 Litter Genies. I thought they were a total scam and would just stink up the place, but I'm really sold on it.

So, The Litter Genie is basically a diaper pail for your cat poop. It comes with this endless bag that you just tie off at the bottom, and you cut it with the little cutting mechanism when it's full. They say that one refill can last up two months with one cat, but I think it'll be fine with my two cats.

This stupid thing is fantastic if you live in an apartment and are a lazy gently caress who can't manage to bring the poop out before work every day. In a small space? It still doesn't manage to stink up the entire house the same way scooping it into a bag or trash can does. I don't know how it does it, but once you drop everything in there, it just stops smelling. I figure that the people who made Diaper Genie must be pros at figuring out how to make poo poo not stink.

Extra plus? It's like $20 for a starter pack and you can find two refills for $10 at some stores. It's basically less expensive than actually buying litter.

I loved these things but the problem was finding refills consistently at a low price. When I got a second cat and added a new litter box I just bought a second genie cause it was ~$3 more than a refill at normal price.

You can kind of rig up a temporary refill using a plastic bag but its clunky.

I just looked and you can buy the refills on amazon in bulk pretty cheaply so I might pick one up again. I had just moved to scooping every day and using little ziplock sandwich bags.

Since we are talking bout poop stuff i'd like to recommend Swheat Scoop litter.

I switched to it after Scoop Away unscented changed their packaging and it suddenly had a scent, around the same time one of my cats started sneezing a lot as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread