Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Went through the anime recently and then caught up on the manga. Quite the ride, but now i want more KMM gang hijinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
OVA came out recently! It's an adaptation of chapters 29 and 32 and part of 31 with a little bit of a new portion popped in.
As a reminder, this basically equates to Kasumi and Tanpopo teaming up and scheming with the Star Gang, Kasumi fighting the giant penguin, and a bit of Kasumi and Tanuma hanging out.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Kleptobot posted:

For those curious, yes, it was the author's own notes translated, confirmed by when other people on the internet translated similar notes from the original Japanese. So at least we know now some of the rumors (Honoka originally being a girl, Tanpopo's "Crisis" name, etc.) were not just trolling.

Also, drat the manga's pace has slowed to a crawl. The author's been teasing everyone with a reveal about Honoka's past and where his mom/Ayaka got their similar-looking scars, but rather than have anyone explain it we get a couple flashbacks and then Ayaka just kinda stormed off in a huff. For a monthly comic it's even worse because less than a week has passed in-universe over a year's worth of comics, and all we know is that a younger Honoka trained with Ayaka and her mom and the intimidating witch with no irises knew them both at some point in the past.

At least the OVA provided a tag-team animal-themed magical-mech wrestling match. That was fun to watch.

I saw some of the notes translated here: http://pastebin.com/RTGSqtBb
I could've sworn this was posted earlier in the thread, but I either searched too fast the other day or just couldn't find it here.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Based on the material in the manga that's come out, I wouldn't expect a second season any time soon. :(
There's been a fair bit of material that one might consider filler-like, and not enough in the "climactic actiony events" department.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
New chapter up!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
/blows dust off the thread

So the latest chapter as of this posting features the return of an old, dear friend, and indicates the upcoming return of another.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

DrPaper posted:

season 2 when?

Based on the state and pacing of the manga, there might be enough material for a second season maybe a year from now.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
The characters singing it are pretty great and are a fun hook info the show. They're not the focus, though, that's the duo of "strong protector to a princess" except the princess is a guy and his protector is the stoic most popular girl at school. Art style is pretty nice, and I found it an interesting enough show. I'd naturally say worth a three episode test.

Witch Team Rocket are still the best though.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Nuebot posted:

Dang I was hoping they were the main characters. Is the manga better or not? Might as well give it a shot.

The adaptation is really, really faithful, but over the span of material covered by the manga and the adaptation, the anime does give you a little more in the way of Witch Team Rocket. There are only a couple of things done out of order/omitted as I recall, and the end of the anime is also slightly changed because anime. Either way, nice art, worth a little shot, I figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Hey, there've been a bunch of developments, and a couple chapters recently upped!
https://bato.to/comic/_/comics/witch-craft-works-r46
End of Chapter 50: oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

• Locked thread