Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

jivjov posted:

New Abridged is out!

The Talking out your rear end gag was amazing.

"Oh, now you're being cute?!" "Bitch, I'm adorable. :smug:"

It's a shame that this is basically the last chance we'll get to see Smug Vegeta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Spiritus Nox posted:

It's a shame that this is basically the last chance we'll get to see Smug Vegeta.

If they go through the Buu saga, I expect great things from Majin Vegeta.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

We're near the end of Cell Saga so it's very likely we'll know if they'll do it soon. There's just Perfect cell loving up Vegeta + Trunks and the Cell games.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kild posted:

We're near the end of Cell Saga so it's very likely we'll know if they'll do it soon. There's just Perfect cell loving up Vegeta + Trunks and the Cell games.

Eh, that's still probably several episodes/months. Probably under a year out from the finish at this point, but still.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I hope they at least do the early parts of Buu. There is much that could be mined from the High School and Saiyaman arc.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ruggington posted:

good manga though

Agreed.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

jivjov posted:

New Abridged is out!

The Talking out your rear end gag was amazing.

Imperfect Cell lives on ...

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Trunks's reaction at the end was everything I could've hoped for

Augus fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 14, 2015

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Augus posted:

Trunks reaction at the end was everything I could've hoped for

It's great. Because Trunks instantly realized what his dad is about to do. And he is dreading it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Good episode, I liked Cell echoing Vegeta's SSj transformation, and I believe the ending was meant to invoke his reaction to the Kaio-ken x4.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

I didn't expect the episode to go out so soon. Kind of wished for more Vegeta moments, but the ones here were all great.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

mmkay posted:

I didn't expect the episode to go out so soon. Kind of wished for more Vegeta moments, but the ones here were all great.

He's like 90% of the episode, there's not really a lot of room for more Vegeta.

Great as ever though. "...Nooooo. NOOOOOO!"

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I wonder if TFS is going to go the obvious route that they're taking with Gohan and Goku. There's still a lot of father and son moments before the Cell Games that they'll have to turn into Abusive Goku Moments.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
So uh.

Thanks robzilla.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The expression on his face is loving amazing.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
there are so many lines in the abridges things that make me cringe a bit tho. like vegeta saying "bitch im adorable". who is that funny to? the production values are really good tho.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
To himself. Vegeta might have a tinsy bit of an ego.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

tbp posted:

there are so many lines in the abridges things that make me cringe a bit tho. like vegeta saying "bitch im adorable". who is that funny to? the production values are really good tho.

It's in character for Abridged Vegeta to say that

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

tbp posted:

Spiritus Nox posted:

Some jokes funny to other people not funny to you. v:shobon:v

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

That upside down Vegeta vs Cell scene was :krad:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I chuckled at the adorable line too.

I am sorry on behalf of trailer bark poys that he doesn't like silly little jokes.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

tbp posted:

It's going to be a best selling shirt by the end of the month.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

tbp posted:

I dunno, I thought it was funny. But then again I also use punctuation and the fabled shift key so different strokes for different folks?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

these are barely abridged anymore

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
The best thing about smug Vegeta is that you know it will all come crushing down.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

tbp posted:

it was funny to me

E: hell, I think I laughed out loud more this episode than I did in the last 3-4 combined, and that's what I watch this poo poo for

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!
I would enjoy it a lot more if the video player on their website didn't run at one frame per fiscal quarter, holy poo poo.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Augus posted:

But then again I also use punctuation and the fabled shift key

aw cmon dont be a dick hes just tbp and he likes to be the first guy to bring up criticisms.

i used to list to naruto abridged and it was full of dorky half jokes but it also had ddr gaara

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
ive not used my shift key, nor appropriate punctuation all the time since i registered in 2008. i dont think its necessary. but yeah the dbza stuff is a mixed bucket for me. i dont find it very funny but its cool to relive moments of the series that i loved as a child so much, so its cool to watch and remember them again.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

projecthalaxy posted:

It's going to be a best selling shirt by the end of the month.

dbza.txt

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Augus posted:

But then again I also use punctuation and the fabled shift key so different strokes for different folks?

gently caress you

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

sorry i meant

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

gently caress YOU!!!!!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ruggington posted:

gently caress YOU!!!!!

thanks mr skeledante.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Stairmaster posted:

these are barely abridged anymore

the problem with every abridged series is that eventually they become 15 minutes long and full of inside jokes that have nothing to do with the original characters and aren't funny.

fwiw this episode covered the same amount of content as a single episode of Dragon Ball Kai, a much better abridged series

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Ruggington posted:

gently caress YOU!!!!!

i like different strokes ON MY DICK WHEN I poo poo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Ryaomon posted:

fwiw this episode covered the same amount of content as a single episode of Dragon Ball Kai, a much better abridged series

Its nice to have choices, isn't it? :unsmith:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Goku's "Why didn't you become a Super Sayain?" line was loving fantastic

Ryaomon posted:

the problem with every abridged series is that eventually they become 15 minutes long and full of inside jokes that have nothing to do with the original characters and aren't funny.

I'm not watching this to see the original series shortened. I'm watching this to see these exaggerated characters progression through this series I already have seen many times.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Ryaomon posted:

I don't think the length of this episode s a big deal in this case, as the Vegeta vs Cell fight had a hell of a lot of material to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Amorphous Blob posted:

i like different strokes ON MY DICK WHEN I poo poo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a bridge too far i think

• Locked thread