Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

a homeschooled libertarian?!?! *an infinite number of monocles come shooting off my face as superluminous speeds*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

k-zed posted:

http://falkvinge.net/2014/02/04/major-bitcoin-exchange-not-executing-withdrawals-now-owes-clients-38m-in-disappeared-money/

"MtGox, the oldest and once-largest bitcoin exchange, appears to have a serious problem. Since about a week ago, clients’ bitcoin withdrawals have been deducted from their account, but the clients never received the money – the money withdrawn was effectively disappeared into thin air. The community is furious and as of now, MtGox has racked up over USD 38 million in such unfulfilled withdrawals"

its happening?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

jony ive aces posted:

is there a vietnamese bitcoin exchange

i'd like to put my dong into butts

same question but for dogecoin

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

maniacdevnull posted:

Same question... but with dogecoin!

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Robert Otor stars in Rise Of The Robutts

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

My Linux Rig posted:

i lost all my savings

all of it

now all i have is this socoth tho soothe me over

drat you mtgox

same. fuckers stole my counterspell

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

pointsofdata posted:

this is incredible. $200,000 so far

how many payouts have they made?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

duTrieux. posted:

already reported to the ic3

did the bitcoin police get ruled into immigration & customs?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

A Pinball Wizard posted:

holy poo poo its real

holy poo poo they still make mother goose and grimm?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

The Management posted:

new idea, ponzi russian roulette. pay x amount, receive 1.16x back, unless you got the bullet, in which case you lose it all.

the twist is the site closes up without repaying most players

that's always the twist

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

coffeetable posted:

what's a Family Naturist Park

Run by avaciviere or whatever his name was

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

uncurable mlady posted:

banking is a pretty good niche for the USPS to service. they should also give everyone an email account.

yah, then i could pay all my bills online from my postobank account

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

there's a lot of tension etched into that image. that anthropomorphic dog is gonna burn his genitals, any second now

go on

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

but the mtg:ox crash proves how robust the ecosystem is!

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

now future customers know to avoid them!

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

DrPossum posted:

truly, we should prioritize life based on animal ownership

finallyh, someone itt talking some sense for a change

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

rotor posted:

we all know yosposters are awful human beings, no need to belabor the point

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

prefect posted:

i'm disappointed that he's not facing jailtime, even though he was bilking people who might have deserved to be bilked

he stole millions of dollars from innocent trusting people while operating a bank

as far as i know thats not even a crime in the us, i think its like a speeding ticket or something

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

AlbieQuirky posted:

It was web-only for a few years but is now returning to print.

finally, some loving jokes in this thread

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

database leaks
but with bitcoin

im dead

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

...! posted:

it's like with that "belua" bitcoiner in gbs: they think literally everything should be monetized. anything and everything anyone ever does should be compensated with bitnickels

all roads would be toll roads, and you'll get a discount for avoiding rush hour!

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

holy shiiiit

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

anthonypants posted:

Kickstarter compaign for Jesus Loves Bitcoin Bumper Stickers by Music and Entertainment Museum of Philadelphia memph.org

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/717390923/jesus-loves-bitcoin-bumper-stickers
The bumper stickers are being made with high quality vinyl laminated self sticking paper. Size 11" X 3" (27.94cm 7.62cm.) The manufacturer claims that these stickers won't leave glue residue after removal. Everybody who has seen the proof of these stickers said that they are beautiful, bright and happy looking and they would want to have them on their cars. These stickers can also be used on school folders, backpacks, walls, lockers, desks, fridges, dog crates, and so on.

Short link: http://kck.st/1f8LHPs

get your money changed, right here in the temple!

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

did you know! in the time of christ needles had huge eyes and camels could pass right thru em no prob!

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

das vidanya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Robawesome posted:

$6000 bank fraud. Bank is holding me accountable although the sending party was hacked. (self.legaladvice)

submitted 1 day ago by [deleted]

Feb 23-25 I sold $5900 worth of property via two separate transactions. The buyer paid me using CapitalOne360's P2P [person to person payment system]

[I used a service which verifies phone number and e-mail address, that in addition to the fact that they had control over a bank account with the name they provided me, and transfered me funds from within that account over two days; This gave me confidence they were the real person responsible for that account - however we never met in person] I am barraged by ads about how CapitalOne360's security is so great, therefore it seemed reasonable to trust this was a legitimate transaction as they were using this 'highly secure' service to transmit the money...

Feb 29 My account is frozen and I receive a call from CapitalOne360's fraud dept who asks me and my co-account holder for some verification and then unfreezes the account.

Mar 12 My Mortgage Bank receives a check for $6200 and CapitalOne360 sends me a notification the funds were paid.

Mar 18 Capitalone360 again freezes my account and tells me to call their fraud dept.

Mar 19 The rep at the fraud dept tells me that the sender [Feb 23-25] claims they were hacked and did not send the funds. My account is now in a negative balance of ~$5700.

Mar 20 My mortgager calls me to tell me the check has been returned to CapitalOne360, even though ostensibly it cleared.

What are my options here? Can I sue the bank for negligence? They require two-factor authentication and they have those "personal" questions, so how could their account have been hacked? Do I sue the person whose bank account was ostensibly hacked?

I am going into foreclosure now. I was already in bankruptcy to avoid foreclosure, however this now puts me back in a position where the Mortgage bank is going to unravel my bankruptcy and put me back in foreclosure.

im the home owning person with less than 6 grand of assets i could liquefy in a pinch if the alternative was losing my loving house

• Locked thread