Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
bitcoins: still funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i like ...!s posting

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Phoenixan posted:

bring back gbs 1.5 "3d gay baby dicks"

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

still less poo poo than reddit

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

speaking of reddit r/actualmoney got bridged to r/bitcoin and r/dogecoin yesterday, sending hundreds of buttlords to the subreddit

we're shadowbanning them so they can't even tell that their comments aren't being read by other peor

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Vicas posted:

i don't feel comfortable posting in buttcoin thread under 1000 pages

we forked the postchain to prevent a 51% attack

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i have no clue what that guy is on, his post didn't trigger the automod because it's actually too crazy to get caught in the filter

i don't even see it

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

wait, what's the part about killing babies in there

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i read like two sentences and my eyes glaze over, it's like time cube or sovereign citizen rants

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Heresiarch posted:

these people are only just now realizing how tightly controlled the ios ecology is

if they were that concerned about "freedom" they should have switched platforms years ago but like all libertarians, nothing is actually a problem until it affects them directly

also, if they were real captains of industry they'd realize that this is an opportunity to create a mobile-focused website that provides the same services using a similar ui, but it's much easier to just whine about it instead

blockchain.io isnt even responsive

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

like it'd literally take someone a couple of hours to make a piss-easy responsive design for the buttchain explorer or whatever, but bitcoin is a island of gibbering idea men who are so fundamentally broken they can't create anything new

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

there really aren't any words

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

BeOSPOS posted:

so wait, @appleofficial is some made up handle, right, and these dopes are sending their bitter twitter-missives to nobody?
and now there's some fad of busting your paid-for apple device to send a message to a corporate entity that really doesn't care? (got your money already, no worries.)

somebody said it best earlier that these libertarians only care when a private company makes a legitimate and consistently valid decision that effects them in a minor manner or slightly inconveniences some already dopy and convoluted process. I mean, why not jailbreak the device or use a web interface?? better yet, burn your own home and kill your family to show that this injustice will not stand, man.

I'm not sure apple even has a verified twitter account. Like half the tweets I saw to tim cook were going to the wrong handle.

bitcoins!!!

* corporate twitter acct, there's a itunes/app store twitter

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

people outside the us are all just invented anyway

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

honestly i think the biggest surprise i got out of this was that bitcoin enthusiasts use apple products. they never seemed the type

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

prefect posted:

has there ever been a ponzi scheme that stayed afloat long enough to become a stable, non-crooked financial entity?

bernie madoff? the us housing bubble? herbalife? i guess it depends on your definition of 'stable' and 'non-crooked'

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

prefect posted:

i guess by "stable", i mean it ceases to be a ponzi scheme

the us stock market :v:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

jre posted:

pro-est of clicks

Day 3 – Friday 7 February
I started my protest a little later today in the knowledge that most of the Goxies don’t start work until after 9am. Then there was an unexpected twist; another person showed up looking for Mark. He was an emissary of an early adopter and well known member of the bitcoin community, and was there to collect an eye watering amount of money.
My emotions were mixed on seeing this person; on one hand I was glad to see another protester to fight the good cause. On the other hand, my heart sank in the knowledge that if Mark isn’t paying off his old friends in the bitcoin community then what chance do small fry like me have?
As the emissary and I chatted, Mark Karpeles arrived, and we both confronted him, the conversation went on for some time and most of it conducted in French which I had trouble understanding. However I did mange to record the whole thing on video.
The episode only came to a halt when Gonzague appeared in the lobby and rescued Mark. Very soon after this point, MtGox released a statement announcing that all BTC withdrawals were suspended.
In conclusion, I think just witnessed MtGox die today. I didn’t get my bitcoin, but glad I came and tried.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

if they're gonna cargo cult everything else, why not cargo cult bankers hours?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

twitter is really bad about long conversations

or conversations in general

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

but lol @ algorithms not institutions dude that was arguing @ u H

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

every single bitcoin person twitter av looks insufferable as gently caress

punchable face brigade

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

the more i tweet the worse i post, i think theres some sort of scientific thing here

my brain cant process more than 140 characters at a time

tweet tweet

weird yospos

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i suspect that the reason twitter convos are broken as gently caress is because 1) whatever magic they use to db tweets is easily broken 2) if a person replies to a reply it forks the convo

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Sham bam bamina! posted:

"shibe" is supposed to be the first syllable of "shiba inu", so "sheeb"

"doje" is how floating vector strong bad pronounces "doge" so i can't disapprove even though i'm p. sure it's just supposed to be "dog" with a long o

i'm p sure you pronounce the g like a j

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

jony ive aces posted:

it's pronounced like the g in gif

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

ponzik.tk address is showing 0, so I guess people aren't so stupid as to fall for the same trick twice

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Condiv posted:

it shows 124.406 butts here

it also has a chat box where idiot buttlords can brag about not being the one to get his hand blown off by this armed grenade of a website

are you looking at what they say on the website or actually putting the address into blockchain.info?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Condiv posted:

don't bring me down rear end in a top hat

code:
setInterval(function() {
 $.post('scoreup.php', {'any':'data'}, function(data) {
 var a = data.split(';');
 $('#deposited').html(a[0]);
$('#deposited2').html(a[0]);
$('#deposited3').html(a[0]*1.25);
$('#tcount').html(a[1]);
});
}, 15000);
:classiclol:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

banking is a pretty good niche for the USPS to service. they should also give everyone an email account.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i missed the 'bitcoin exchange' part

i was just referring to it being a good idea for the USPS to give everyone a bank account and email address

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

everything in this image is great

i'm the....
  • living room so small the subwoofer is wedged against the coffee table

• overstuffed 1990s furniture taken from a suburban 'greatroom' and re-used in a tiny apartment

• $100 flat-pack av center from the mid-80s, inexplicably surviving into the modern era

• horse blanket

• cigarette burns

• dog dick

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

generally when i get conversation pieces for the home the conversation isn't supposed to start with "restraining order"

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

bucketmouse posted:

http://braincontrol.me/?html5wallet

blah blah blah wallets blah bitcoin

just look at the director of marketing picture because it's kind of amazing in a bad way

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i bet the digital prophet gets paid in actual money

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

algorithms not institutions

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

that's because the btc market has the depth of a kiddie pool

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Heresiarch posted:

actually considering that worf got his rear end handed to him every time he had to do anything security-related that may be an apt comparison

does that make mtgox obrien? trading lag :: dislocated shoulder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/11/usa-bitcoin-idUSL2N0LG1P520140211

capital requirements for bitcoin-related businesses

:fork:

• Locked thread