Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
channel flipping last night, saw someone on cnbc talkin bout bitcoin. i guess step 2 of the plan is to now convince grandma and grandpa about this hot new digital currency that's UP, UP, UP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

the literal inventor of the format

yeah well what the gently caress does he know

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Heresiarch posted:

i've said this before, but you'd think that adams would be the metric standard for a bitcoiner: he's a misogynistic engineer who thinks he's a lot smarter than he actually is

i read dilbert up until i realized that the man is reddit personified, then it stopped being funny and just being sad

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

double sulk posted:

getting really close to the 200s on gox

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

jews did .241

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
113 115 117 118 121 113 115 120

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
COME ON YOU STUPID FUCKIN' CRYPTOCURRENCY HIT $10X

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

AlbieQuirky posted:

There are rumors flying that MtGox is testing butt withdrawals, but lead dev Gavin says that's not what they're doing.

The trading volume is so low that just a couple of people with the wrong info can spike the price.

my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who heard that mtgox is allowing withdrawals soon *price jumps $100 in twenty minutes*

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
game of the year 2014

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Heresiarch posted:

is there a way to progress without eating the pork, because i don't see it

nope

heresiarch eat the pork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

...! posted:

[–]l1ghtning 2 points 18 minutes ago*

It's funny reading these comments. There is clearly strong negativity from a lot of commentators. I've hung around this subreddit long enough to see a pattern of this happening and it varies with whatever the market is doing. Not only are miners/traders/investors "down in the dumps" right now, but we see "outsiders" actively looking to rag on bitcoin: these people don't actually have any experience with bitcoin themselves and they're just trying to make us feel bad because the market currently "seems bad". They're here only to say "told you so" and offer nothing else to the discussion.

Contrast this to when we're seeing a bull market and there are sustained and regular rallies. Oh look. Now bitcoin is the greatest thing on the planet. It's going to revolutionize the worlds finances. Tell all your friends about how great bitcoin is. Where can I buy bitcoin?

Sigh.

/

(someone who is actually good at this poo poo clear up the whitespace on the edges)

• Locked thread