Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

heres hoping it finally dies for good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

lol @ bitcoiners thinking that if every bitcoiner stopped buying apple products that it would make even a .00001% dent in apple's profit margins

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

is gox still in freefall

e: apparently not

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Robawesome posted:

BTC-E and bitstamp are both falling pretty consistently right now. Butts are gonna be sub-$700 by the end of the day

nice

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

http://www.mydoge.co

lmao pissssssssss

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

hail shiba satan

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

why was it removed?

they did something to get around apple's review process. there was a post about it earlier iirc

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

I downloaded the app and it lets you show the QR code for your wallet. Wouldn't that let you receive money, but not send it?

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Heresiarch posted:

i know, but he's really popular with bitcoiners

it's like arguing with the pope, you know it's not going to do any good but how can you pass up the opportunity?

you're my hero

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

jony ive aces posted:

it's pronounced like the g in gif

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1xc9m8/outraged_at_apple_i_decided_to_spend_my_day/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWtYAcCNvdA

i'm the hl2 combine voices

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000244003

lmao @ this retard bringing up NO FEES NO CHARGEBACKS. also lmao @ bitcoiners thinking that people do chargebacks at a frequency of more than maybe once every five years

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

gently caress you i already posted this!

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

i thought they were bears

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

...! posted:

[–]KoxziShot 2 points 4 hours ago

Irreversible transactions... See I don't want that at all.

[–]Helvetian616 4 points 1 hour ago

I don't really believe this. You may not want this when you are on the spending side of the transaction, but I'm sure you appreciate it when you're getting paid. I doubt you would want your employer to be able to take money back on a whim.

:psyboom:

i no longer wish to share oxygen with these people. i wish to die.

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

lmao owned ^^^^^

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

we joked about this idea at work, but someone should make an android app that is scratch offs, but with bitcoins

except all the bitcoins go into a void wallet and no one ever wins

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Ripoff posted:

if the magic the gathering online exchange goes down i seriously wonder if that economist that predicted the final crash of bitcoin prices in mid-2014 will be spot on

because without mtgox's price manipulation i can foresee bitcoin farting down to oblivion during the next panic sell-off, unless the other exchanges adopt their practices as well

final crash as in it'll finally just die forever? link? wanna read that prediction

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

i'm so close

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Werthog 95 posted:

Dear users,

The trading engine is currently stopped due to the recent volatility and the fact that we exhausted our funds on Bitstamp in this critical moment.

We are waiting for new deposit to hit our Bitstamp account, after which we will resume the trades.

have a good day
Raphael

lmfao

i'm coming

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

late eighties - early nineties apple logo suppremacy

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Dear Bitstamp users

Bitstamp’s exchange software is extremely cautious concerning Bitcoin transactions. Currently it has suspended processing Bitcoin withdrawals due to inconsistent results reported by our bitcoind wallet, caused by a denial-of-service attack using transaction malleability to temporarily disrupt balance checking. As such, Bitcoin withdrawal processing will be suspended temporarily until a software fix is issued.

No funds have been lost and no funds are at risk.

This is a denial-of-service attack made possible by some misunderstandings in Bitcoin wallet implementations. These misunderstandings have simple solutions that are being implemented as we speak, and we're confident everything will be back to normal shortly.

Withdrawals which failed on the 10th and 11th of February will be canceled and the amounts added back to the customer account balances.

We will communicate any further developments regarding this issue.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards
Bitstamp team

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

loving lol

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

it was

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

it's still funny though

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

lmao heresiarch someone in one of the local dev irc channels linked your tweet earlier. you must be getting popular

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Heresiarch posted:

like a bitcoin dev or something else?

no unfortunately, just one of the people in an irc for local programmers. but i figure it's getting noticed

there was a ruby group meetup tonight but a large part of why i didn't go (aside from the fact that i have to feed a sick dog) is because some shmuck was gonna talk about bitcoins as the main thing

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

it's a bank, but with bitcoins!!!!

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

killhamster posted:

[–]im-a-fat-loser [-1] -1 points 2 minutes ago

Wow. Not funny.

lmao

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

we've broken through 470 on gox and are now at 468

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

gox numbers finally starting to creep into the 450s if only for a fleeting moment. it's a slow but very steady drop

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

reminder:

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

i just got back home and lmao gox

• Locked thread