Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
That was the most pleasant goatse I've ever experienced. Thanks dogecoin!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
how long until the announcement that all of mtgox's bitcoins have been stolen using this vulnerability, but they will generously reimburse 25% of each stolen balance from their own personal wallets

mtgox has to end the same way every other bitcoin enterprise has ended

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
wait, do unconfirmed incoming transactions prevent someone from using their funds? is that actually a loving thing?

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
bitcoin
the gift that keeps on giving

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Robawesome posted:

ffs how childish can you be
moooooooooooooooom! he's saying my revolutionary cryptocurrency is a ponzi scheeeeeeeeeme!

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
i've been away for a few days when is this gox maintenance scheduled to complete i have a lot of bitcoins in there??

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
i have a revolutionary solution to fix the unfixable:

we just have to fix it somehow

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
it seems impossible for a subject to be as consistently hilarious as bitcoin is

too good to be true

i think there is a conspiracy at hand here

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
submitted 49 minutes ago by arthurnakamoto

Mis-quoting and blatant lies are unfortunately the journalistic world that exists today. I am just a humble handsome Asian man who is confused as to how a female rear end in a top hat can become transferred onto my brother's rear end. But I saw with my own eyes from released video that there is a surgeon operating without an ethical or moral license to do exactly that.

I and my immediate family were frightened due to obvious safety concerns, angered by our privacy being invaded and highly concerned over a gentle man trying, trying to recover from his life threatening health concerns. He was so private that he did not tell me when he was going through his health threats, only told me quietly when I visited the house in Temple City to take our mother for lunch. And I am his blood brother.

I recall as a child that I looked up to Dorian, who I believe is many times smarter than I am. He taught me as a toddler, protected me from harm, shared with me Manga, the Japanese comic books and made up fantastic stories til I fell asleep. I am forever indebted to him in saving my life when I was 9 years old. He probably doesn’t remember anymore, but I do and that’s what matters to me. I called the writer an rear end in a top hat and told her to leave my brother alone but the whole world did not read that, why? Dorian can be stubborn and be an rear end in a top hat but then I am telling the whole world right here and now that I and only 2 other people in the whole world can say that to him and we are automatically forgiven by him in an instant. He can call me an rear end in a top hat too and has and maybe a few “idiot” or “morons”, but you know, he was probably right and can prove it. That’s private.

How dare this Leah demean, belittle the comforts of an old man in poor health who has barely enough money to feed himself and takes gentle care of our 93 year old mother in a modest house. To act and publish with carefully studied thought along with professional profilers, editors who calculated greed to ultimately endanger my brother's health and his physical safety. To be callous enough to place the safety of our 93 year old mother as a person of no consequence? Their collective act that published their magazines and follow-up public reports speak volumes of the motivation tied to greed. Who is going to be responsible in their safety, her, the executives at Newsweek, the entire Journalistic community? Yes, I place Leah McGraw Goodman and Newsweek and all news organizations that had joined in the feeding frenzy to be held responsible for their blatant and open carelessness.

I understand that I will be mis-quoted in this post and that I will be made out to be the brother who is the rear end in a top hat remark guy. I can and will have no choice that to be slandered and live with that. What I want to make clear is that I am pleading, no, begging for all to allow Dorian to live whatever life he has left to live it in dignity, peace and in private. To let him play with his trains and obsess over being treated to free lunches that he craves for some reason since his stroke. Funny thing is that growing up we were always hungry because there was never enough and lunch was our largest meal. What do I have to do? Show everyone my bowl legs due to malnutrition? His legs which are worse? What lower level of indecency is required to quench their thirst for what I cannot fathom?

Do you know what's a real bitch (I am welling with tears right now) is? I cannot physically go to see him and my mother. To come together as a family to support or call for fear of my immediate family being in physical danger. I can’t go over there to bring groceries or have a private discussion.

Proof: http://imgur.com/kvpzrK7

Chocobo fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 9, 2014

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Damiya posted:

Guys I think I caught the titan of industry bug because I want to create a thing and make money off bitch coin ears

someone help
maybe you should make the next facebook or google

but with bitcoin

if you do this you owe me at least 50% of everything you make because i've done the hard part

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

when doomsday comes, the only safe currency will be the one that requires electricity, internet access, a global network of connected mining hardware

also the one that can't be used to buy food, shelter, or any other basic necessity

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
i hope dorian sues someone. i don't care who, i just want to see the old dude get something more than a free lunch out of this

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
the supernode... is that the same guy that got kicked out of a hotel because of his demand to have water running at all times for fear of his superbrain literally melting down, among other things?

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
its just the natural evolution of the STD blockchain a bitcoiner proposed last year

who needs doctors the blockchain says i'm clean babe

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
i need a box to hold money, but it doesn't need to be secure because I will be carrying it around in public and letting people interact with it

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Herman Merman posted:

the distribution of auroracoin is supposed to start in about 4 days, and the laff projections are already looking good :munch:

already had their first hard fork? smooth sailing ahead!

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

BobHoward posted:

bitcoin barrens chat
ne1 no where to find satoshi for quest???

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
who posted that again? i've seen it a few times now and i'd like to offer that man a job

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Boxturret posted:

former gip mod grover
sounds like a real straight shooter

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Like, the whole reason 3D printing is cool is because it lets you make things that only like 1 or 2 people would care about.

like a 3d printed custom dildo made in your own image

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
holy poo poo did you see newsweek's article on bitpay? they followed the money straight back to a guy named chris roberts who is laundering stolen kickstarter money into bitcoin

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
more of a newsweek joke really

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Mexplosivo what happens if a bank lends out my money and then i need to withdraw it what happens then huh? one time a bank tried to give me back SOMEBODY ELSES MONEY but im too smart for them i had the serial numbers written down and i refused to leave until they gave me back all of MY money

turns out they dont even keep track of which whose money is whose so im in the process of filing a class action lawsuit against them if anyone else is using bank of america get on board this is a sure thing they've been stealing from all of us and covering their theft by giving us OTHER PEOPLES MONEY

i dont know how you can defend these bank practices and i have HARD PROOF that they're doing it you're probably a banker yourself i bet. when i give a valet my keys i expect to get MY CAR BACK why do you people think it is ANY DIFFERENT with dollars?

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
"euthanize yourself"
should be bitcoin's new slogan
it is just perfect

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
so it turns out that the bitcoiners that swooped in to save the people of cyprus from their bank crisis a few months ago have already lost the money? is that right?

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

quote:

Neo & Bee about to launch in Cyprus. This is going to be big! (neo-bee.com)
submitted 1 month ago by knight222

[–]BitCyprus 78 points 1 month ago*

Today, Sunday the 23rd, all main newspapers in Cyprus are being wrapped with a Neo & Bee Cover which gives full details about the opening of the first Neo & Bee branch, information about the company's services and information about Bitcoin!

The Neo & Bee Cover also gives details of the company's Call Center (7777 6544) and the company's New Website (https://www.neo-bee.com) which is live!!

The whole country is talking about Bitcoin and Neo & Bee today.

Sounds unbelievable but it is true!

Congratulations to the Neo & Bee team. You have brought the Revolution!

[–]BitCyprus 19 points 1 month ago

FACTS

99% of the Cypriots and foreigners living here hate the banks, the bankers and the Central Bank. They have stolen their bank deposits and lifetime savings. Billions of fiat currency were stolen.

Today there are an estimated 7 billions of euros in maitresses etc.

For the time being very few people know what is a bitcoin. The Neo Mega Marketing Campaign has been running for a month but until yesterday nobody knew what Neo was and the word Bitcoin was not even mentioned.

SO

The opening of the Neo's doors to Cypriots means that now they have the chance to find out what is Bitcoin.

If Neo is successful, hundreds and hundreds of millions will go into Bitcoin...You won't believe in your eyes.

quote:

Former top exec Bank of Cyprus about Neo & Bee: "In Cyprus it appears nobody can stop them". Also, Cypriot Central Bank says Bitcoin is not illegal. (cyprus-mail.com)
submitted 1 month ago by dtuur

[–]BitCyprus 57 points 1 month ago

Excuse me.

This guy, the former vice-chairman of Bank of Cyprus Evdokimos Xenofontos is one of the MAIN persons responsible for the COLLAPSE of the Cypriot banks, the state, and the robbery of people's deposits and life time savings from their bank accounts in HIS bank, Bank of Cyprus and Laiki Bank.

He flew out of Bank of Cyprus, pocketing millions in golden parachutes, leaving behind a bankrupt bank that robbed people's deposits and he has been hiding for months now.

He should have been in jail and instead he dares to come out to the day light and make comments about Bitcoin and Neo & Bee?

HE SHOULD BE IN JAIL.

SHAME ON YOU!

i want to see what BitCyprus has to say about this latest turn of events

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Heavy Zed posted:

Don't worry, it won't drop forever.

It can't drop past $0.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
i tried to make a post on page 500 but i forgot to include an optional fee and missed out

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
only bitcoin can save the people of cyprus from the banksters cyprus will show the world what bitcoin is capable of BE YOUR OWN BANK BE YOUR OWN BANK BE YOUR OWN BANK BE YOUR OWN BANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Axiom eSports is pleased to announce our newest sponsor, /r/Bitcoin!

/r/Bitcoin is the Reddit subcommunity devoted to the discussion and exchange of information surrounding the digital currency Bitcoin used worldwide. It’s a great place to find resources on Bitcoin cryptocurrency along with information on how to get started. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency that is accepted by a growing number of businesses online. It can be used to transfer funds to others instantly at any time with a negligible fee as well as stay anonymous and secure online with your transactions, avoiding the pitfalls of credit card fraud.

Axiom is not the first StarCraft 2 related venture /r/Bitcoin has invested in. In 2013, /r/Bitcoin contributed to the Starcraft Bitcoin Challenge, a best of 7 showmatch between Acer.Scarlett and Alliance.Naniwa hosted by Axiom owner John ‘TotalBiscuit’ Bain for 14BTC. This event was the highest viewed online Starcraft 2 event of 2013.

Moderator of the subreddit Piotr Piasecki gave a statement about the new partnership saying “We at the /r/Bitcoin community are excited to be working with TotalBiscuit again. The community response during the Bitcoin Starcraft was very positive, so we decided to continue the relationship. We hope the sponsorship will be useful to the Axiom team and will promote the Bitcoin use in eSports scene.”

"We're happy to be working with the folks over at r/Bitcoin once again,” stated TotalBiscuit. “We previously worked together to bring the biggest showmatch in SC2 history into being and it went off without a hitch. It makes sense for something as cutting edge as cryptocurrency to be involved with another cutting edge industry like eSports. An increasing number of sites are starting to accept Bitcoin including Starcraft’s own Teamliquid and /r/Bitcoin is a great place to find guides and information on how to start using cryptocurrency. We'd like to thank the /r/Bitcoin community for their support and hope to bring home results in return.”

As WCS AM Ro16 begins today, fans will notice Axiom players sporting our new sponsor on their uniforms.You can watch the event live at 08:00 PDT on Twitch.tv.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
neo & bee had an amazing business plan, i don't see how it could have failed:

[–]cryptocyprus[S] 2 points 6 months ago

No we exchange the euros for BTC, put those BTC into the customers wallet and then when the price rises we rebalance the wallet to retain the original amount of Euros worth of BTC in their wallet and those BTC pass into our reserves. When the price goes down, we top up the customers wallet from our reserves.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
you found someone who bought into bitcoin, got hosed, and realized the error of his ways

you've done it

you've really done it

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Dr. Honked posted:

i don't understand why the purchasing and ownership of bitcoins generates this incredible euphoria in people. it's not just a case of them being happy and getting excited because they're going to be RICH RICH RICH, it seems to be way more extreme than that.
bitcoin is changing the world this is it no more government no more poverty no more war everyone will be rich and nobody will have to work anymore because in the future computers will generate enough money to cover the living expenses of every single person on earth dont you get it this is the singularity and it all starts with these burger king gyft cards

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
that green title didnt last a week goddamn oocc

quote:

The prospect of a widely available Bitcoin fund leaves some industry gatekeepers concerned.

“I don’t even know what to say,” says Kim Forrest, vice-president and senior equity analyst at Fort Pitt Capital Group, a Pittsburgh-based registered investment adviser.

“I get that people want to have some non-government affiliated store of value, but this really is not it,” Ms Forrest says. “This is something that is totally fabricated.”

Surprisingly, retirement savers have emerged as a large constituent in BIT, accounting for 16 per cent of its investors. Several custodians handling “self-directed” individual retirement accounts, including Pensco Trust, Entrust Group and Millennium Trust, allow accredited investors to allocate retirement savings to the fund.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/28ba6e9c-bb49-11e3-8d4a-00144feabdc0.html?siteedition=intl

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
the guy has multiple keybinds for pretyped insults

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
why do bitcoiners give altcoins poo poo for premining when their best-case-scenario of bitcoin taking over the world, it is already more than 50% premined

whyyy

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
What is the best way to explain to someone that bitcoin isn't a pre-mined pump and dump scheme?(self.Bitcoin)
submitted 2 hours ago by bitcoin_belief

[–]kilorat 3 points 49 minutes ago
fiat is not even mined at all, it was 100% owned by governments at the start, and all newly minted coins are owned by a central authority at the start. Its all relative, you just have to consider what is more fair than whatever else. I'll take half owned by early adopters over completely owned.

[–]lechango 1 point 47 minutes ago
BTC is the frontrunner, it was the first and has the largest market cap, so if any of these cryptos will hit mainstream adoption it will be BTC first. Taking that into consideration, yes it is already 50% mined which means Undoubtedly some lucky individuals have loads that they spent little to nothing on mining or buying near the beginning. BTC isn't just a pump and dump, it's a big cycle of endless pumps and dumps, which tend to become less volatile as price rises.

It will take some more years to see if things keep on a similar trend in relation to total coins mined to price ratio, but the idea is that the more coins that are mined, the harder they are to mine, the more rare they become which drives the price over the long term. BTC has the best shot at the moment to make it to that long term based off it's previous history, there are few altcoins that have the chance to survive near as long.

[–]catwelder 1 point 2 hours ago
Most early adopters sold their bitcoins or lost them. They're very distributed.

[–]CAPTAIN_FCKN_OBVIOUS 1 point 2 hours ago
Think of it like this. when a pot of water is put on a burner, it takes forever until you get to see a few bubbles. Eventually, you see more and more bubbles and finally you have all kinds of bubbles! Now think about how the financial world works. Millions upon millions of pump and dump schemes.

So in effect the only way bitcoin will ever achieve full rolling boil is with these pump and dumps.

We are the ones waiting for it to boil.

and btw, when bitcoin is being pumped, everyone is so happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
a tip based society would solve all of todays problems

• Locked thread