Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

that sounds awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Would they make Rhea wrestle Jade in business suits? Because that sounds 100% awesome.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/5Deuce4Tre7/status/1780632223261106272

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

getting so loving furious at the people i made up in my head. they suck so bad i hate them.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

People here said Edge was washed even though his matches were on par with his work in AEW which is good to great. The Mania 3 way, and his pandemic work was great. He did a lot of cool poo poo, and I hate Edge, the brood call back, great match with Sheamus, his hell in a cell with Balor. good stuff

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

his pandemic work was great

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1246962349728075777

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Edge himself hated how they edited and presented The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever™ and completely understands why people felt it sucked. He talked a lot about it on his Jericho podcast appearance, and says that the raw footage of the match is a lot better. I enjoyed his I Quit match with the Judgment Day and his work in the stable while panned by most was a huge thing that brought my partner back to wrestling so I'll always have a soft spot for it...

...But having to work the slower style, the grey in his beard and hair, and overall the difference in presentation all did him no favors. I don't blame anyone who felt that he was cooked when looking at that last WWE run, and his being able to step up and not only have the feud he's always wanted to have but also work completely different styles has done wonders for him.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Eat My Fuc posted:

People here said Edge was washed even though his matches were on par with his work in AEW which is good to great. The Mania 3 way, and his pandemic work was great. He did a lot of cool poo poo, and I hate Edge, the brood call back, great match with Sheamus, his hell in a cell with Balor. good stuff

The Hell in a Cell match with Balor was drizzling shits. No idea what the rest of his matches were like in WWE though.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

during his last run in the fed edge looked sickly and weak. now that he is in aew cope looks revitalized and powerful.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

On The Internet posted:

The Hell in a Cell match with Balor was drizzling shits. No idea what the rest of his matches were like in WWE though.

This, and honestly I still think edge is kinda mid hes just allowed to do really goofy poo poo like team with sting or hit christian in the sack with a spiked paddling bat. I doubt the bellas where hiding a great wrestling accumen but tony knows how to use people to their best strengths and has shown that if the crowd doesnt connect hes not gonna force people down peoples throats.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Edge just mainly looked really really old and really really funny in WWE. He still looks old but he has managed to not dress in a way where he looks like a grizzled old prospector in skinny jeans too often.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

People at the end of their WWE runs are generally banged up and in no fucks given mode. When you’re working 5 nights a week to run out your slave cult contract, it’s not about love.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

If I can complain about Saraya, I can complain about the Bellas no problem.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

Edge just mainly looked really really old and really really funny in WWE. He still looks old but he has managed to not dress in a way where he looks like a grizzled old prospector in skinny jeans too often.

I know he cut his hair at some point during the WWE run but his long hair looked fried and frazzled did him absolutely no favors

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

ok the last line has me thinking this is engagement bait

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Juice_Pouch1/status/1780702808670671262

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

TinTower posted:

Russo is just sour, bro, that Triple H didn't take his idea, bro, that CM Punk should become GM of Raw, bro, and institute a dress code, bro, and make Cody wear his father's polka-dot singlet, bro.

I'm not joking, that's an actual idea Vince floated on his podcast.

Sour Bro's the worst

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

podcast wrestling influencer Vince Russo

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cool dude

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i’m always saying that about attempted murder

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Well maybe they should start giving out Nobel Prizes for Attempted Chemistry.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
If attempted murder is murder and thus leads to the same result, I need as many people as possible to attempt to murder me so that I can be declared legally dead and thus get out of any future jury duties and taxes owed and speeding tickets, don't all volunteer at once.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

coconono posted:

People at the end of their WWE runs are generally banged up and in no fucks given mode. When you’re working 5 nights a week to run out your slave cult contract, it’s not about love.
That's the wild thing, he came back from injury at the 2021 Royal Rumble and had nine other matches for all of 2021.
In 2022, he had nine matches all year.
In 2023, including his appearance in the Rumble Edge had seven matches in eight months.

It's been 190 days since Cope's first match in AEW, and in that time he's had 15 matches, with his 16th tonight. He had 29 matches in his WWE un-retirement stint, and those took place over a 1300 day period. He's on pace to hit 30 AEW matches in less than a year.

If anything, he didn't have Triple H's approved grindset mindset hard enough in his last WWE run.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Triple H will talk about the importance of the grind and then give some YouTube guy a midcard championship in his fifth wrestling match ever.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

rotinaj posted:

Cool dude

finally someone has the balls to speak out against attempted murder

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Fart Radio posted:

ok the last line has me thinking this is engagement bait

Facebook Wrestling Group posts are the lowest form of engagement bait, right next to forum posts and tweets

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

where are we supposed to find bad takes then

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=225248

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

oh hell nah

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Click the question mark next to any of your posts

Edit: goddammit

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

oh hell nah

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

turn off your monitor

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Violation of thread rules ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Violation of thread rules ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

:mods:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
:ohdear:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/salmons_jr/status/1780711341600501823?t=disDIaaqJahS36EWOL8ZcQ&s=19

:lmao:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is 'move the needle' the current fedpill speak?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
More like two years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

The only needle moving Triple H is doing is HGH into his subcutaneous fatty tissue.