Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Disco you stupid, stupid man. You realize that you've added yourself to a list of enemies that Eddie will address?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Vandar posted:

Explain this to someone who doesn’t know poo poo about rap? I thought most of those names are pretty well regarded?

Imagine a top five north american wrestlers of all time list and your entire list is just RoH midcard guys.

I mean you can do it, but most people are gonna look at you cockeyed for not including atleast Austin, Rock, or Foley.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Death Match Legend and Ghostologist Dr. Luther. You put respect on his name.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Its still bananas to me that out of every buddy in 3MB it wasnt Heath to get a run on top. I guess getting on the juice really was the way to vinces heart.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

The OSW dudes have some of the weirdest opinions on modern wrestling. Watching all the new gen poo poo may have given themselves brain poisoning.

:stonk: was the general reaction of the folks watching with me when it happened.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Hammond Egger posted:

But have you considered that the worst things from 2021 are not as good as the best things from 2023?!

Everything mentioned in that 2021 list was good and fun.aew covering for matt sydals botch via Nak purposefully bussing matt sydals debut via baby oil which was paid off via a match is some of the most inspired story telling in wrestling.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Duke Pukem posted:

Yes, you would be crazy

She needs to be checked into the ambrose asylum for the terminally bad takes.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

LionYeti posted:

There is a kernel of a good idea here, maybe do some more character work so you don't have to take so many risks in a match to get over with the crowd. MJF got a double clothesline over for God's sake but yeah it is incurably fedbrained.

I think it needs saying, the reason why it got over was because they treated what had basically become an old school innocuous move as death. If a lot of the locker room was wrestling an 80s wwf style, or hell a 2010s wwf style no one would give a gently caress about a double clotheslines. But because a lot of AEW wrestles a 20XX kinda indy style MJFs old school wrestling heel schtick gets over.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Comes dressed as mc hammer gets called sabu.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

World Princess posted:

Matches with invisible or inanimate wrestlers are often good, unlike the tweets that show up in this thread.

So invisble man vs invisible stan, but who is the break dancing referee?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Aren't we now at a point where either Jay Lethal or Mark Briscoe is likely to end with 0, or at best 1 each?

We where at that point when they announced who was in the tournament.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

The_Rob posted:

The people mad at Dax for having a silly little interaction with the girl on her phone are so annoying. Like I don’t know how anyone could be upset about that moment. It’s super bad faith right?

Front row on your phone and matches about to start. Dax was just making sure she wasnt gonna miss a banger.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I mean going by the last few attempts theyre not wrong about mercedes, but that seems like an own goal on dudes part.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

On The Internet posted:

The Hell in a Cell match with Balor was drizzling shits. No idea what the rest of his matches were like in WWE though.

This, and honestly I still think edge is kinda mid hes just allowed to do really goofy poo poo like team with sting or hit christian in the sack with a spiked paddling bat. I doubt the bellas where hiding a great wrestling accumen but tony knows how to use people to their best strengths and has shown that if the crowd doesnt connect hes not gonna force people down peoples throats.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

FTR probably said back in 2020, "Tony We'll work for you, but you gotta respect tag team wrestling and no hiring that bastard goldberg because he hurt bret! <:mad:>"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Benne posted:

Bo Dallas hasn't wrestled in five years. Who could possibly give a gently caress.

I STILL BOLIEVE!