Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Shard posted:

I'll be honest - most wrestlers on tv are attractive in one way or another. It kind of comes along with being in shape enough to wrestle

Also, when you're in your 30s or 40s, other people in their 30s and 40s can be fuckin hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Nystral posted:

No they should stop the match for a promo intermission then resume the match afterwards

MJF is probably going to do this in an iron man match, and I'm here for it.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Alaois posted:

for some reason Toni Storm's flyin peach into the corner absolutely melts every podcaster's brain and makes them say or post the dumbest poo poo in the world, without fail

And it's not even for horny reasons, which would be understandable

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

TK has a year to sell out an 80k arena?

Then I guess the timing of the Wembley show is good.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

RandolphCarter posted:

I would like to watch roh but I am a poor.

I would like to watch ROH, but there is too much wrestling to watch and so I draw the line at ones that need extra subscriptions on top of what I have. (I cancelled my NJPW world subscription because I wasn't watching much; I might get it again for Wrestle Kingdom.)

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

I still don't get "rotisserie league" as an insult. Like, what are they even saying? That AEW grabbed up a bunch of sweet wrestlers like putting together a fantasy team? Because they did. And it owns.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

I mean, we all know that person's an idiot, but also, calling a tag match a "multi-person" match is pretty dumb. Like, yeah, it's not a singles match and you're going to get different spots, but compared to a 6v6 Stadium Stampede, FTR/Bucks and MJF+Cole/Aussie Open are going to be "normal" matches. (I mean, they'll be bangers, but that's normal for AEW PPVs.)

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

edogawa rando posted:

Was Al over? Billy Gunn's overness seemed to be inversely proportional to how much of a singles wrestler he was. Put him in a tag team and yes, he's over as rover, but as soon as he's a singles lad, he's dead in the water and not even a programme with The Rock where he beat him up more often than not could elevate him.

That said, he's over as dicks now, so good on him and his boys.

Al Snow may or may not have been over, but Head was over.

Also, Al Snow is a "legend" in that he had a pretty long career without it managing to kill him, and I believe is pretty well regarded as a trainer and agent (although I really have no idea there).

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I always remember that tag match with too much who won by putting a bottle of shampoo in the head and pinning it because head and shoulders get it :dadjoke:

Fun fact about that match - it was at King of the Ring 1998, the same night Mick Foley went off the cell.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

A Fancy Hat posted:

NWA looking to get that TV deal cancelled as quickly as possibly, I see.

I mean, they just had Tyrus as champ, and he was regularly on Fox News. I'm pretty sure being perceived as right-wing idiots doesn't matter at this point.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

World Princess posted:

I know people feel like there are too many battle royales but I'm not sure having a group of dweebs coming out to explain why Jon Silver deserves a title shot this week is going to improve anything.

Because he's freakin' jacked, baby.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Jade is the funniest part of all this because she's an obvious star with a perfect WWE look and they have still not even put her in a squash match. It's been what? Six months since her "debut?"

She got to show out in the rumble a bit; that would also have been a good time to have her show up on Raw, Smackdown, or even fuckin NXT and have a match, but welp.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Shard posted:

What is the worst business decision in wrestling? Maybe ECW signing with TNN but only because in hindsight it was just used as a test before they dropped them for WWE.

Far from the worst, but maybe the worst recently? NWA maybe becoming relevant and getting a TV deal, and then losing it because James Mitchell did coke during a bit on a lovely PPV.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

MassRafTer posted:

https://twitter.com/TripleHHHPaulL/status/1768685327516934267

Skipped the other blue check posting this but this one made me laugh because

A. UFC octogon
B. CM Punk once entered an amateur BJJ tournament and came in third in his weight class of three people.

I mean, I looked up the tournament Moxley won and it was like the beginner division where his class was one other guy. (A guy who beat him at a different tournament like the month before or the month after.)

Basically, there aren't that many guys Moxley's size that are white belts in BJJ in Cincinnati willing to go to tournaments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

In my defense, I was 14.