Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm not going to read 80 pages no matter how funny before jumping in. Goddamn I hate yud and kurz and all their ilk

they're the exact reason why transhumanism will never become a force of change in the world and i hate hate hate hate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Also another thing is that cryonic preservation is certainly possible and done routinely on cell samples to preserve them. Though the thing is that after recuscitation, only a portion of the cells will be viable. The % depends wildly on the cell type though (on HELA cells it's usually 30-60%), and it's very hard if not impossible to preserve and successfully recuscitate entire tissues, nevermind organs or anything as big as a human skull and brain. Though it is certainly possible that cryonic preservation of a brain with minimal damage to the tissues therein, it's not terribly likely. And of course there's absolutely no way to find out if any given preservation was successful in the forseeable future.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
my buttbook

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

please do elaborate on how transhumanism could become a force of change in the world

this is gbs not dnd

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
if given the freedom transhumanism could change the very nature of hum*faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrt*

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
im going to shove a cable up your rear end and spin it round and round and round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lots of poo poo is gonna happen before that tho. I mean it's not like one day youre scratching your bum with stick and BAM! Brain in a jar

• Locked thread