Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

Vahakyla posted:

He is a mammal, so how different can it be? I understand the lack of expertise, but I also believe that the attempt of care by any doctor would have been worth the shot.

The relationship between how much an animal weighs and how much you give them does not always correlate. :( Sorry about your fert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Vahakyla posted:

I used the assistance of an anesthesiologist to just calculate the ratio from a similarly sick human male down to a male ferret and then gave that solution IV. It was crude but last shot to give him a day until the ferret doc would have been back.

I understand the reasons, I guess. It just is sad.

... that is not how medicine should work.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Do you mean subcutaneously ie: under the skin?

Edit: we are not jumping on you to be dicks. It sucks that your ferret died, and PI of all the forums understands how heartbreaking and short lived the little slinkies are. It's just that an human anesthesiologist has absolutely no reason to give advice on ANY part of ferret medication, and you have no idea if the care you gave it did anything beneficial.

Tasty_Crayon fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 29, 2014

• Locked thread