Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT

Vahakyla posted:

My male ferret Ike is almost never caged, but due to a rental inspection, was caged for two days.

I took him out of the cage and he was severely lethargic, with his hind legs being weak and he has urine soaked belly, most likely due to the fact that he could not properly stand up for peeing.

He has always been somewhat lazy and inactive compared to other ferrets, opting to watch others and hang by himself. He sleeps way more than other ferrets, too.

Anyway, now he has a fairly rapid pulse, is very weak, wrapped up in towels. He is pretty limp and he defecates very runny fecal matter that just ran down his leg without him moving much for it.

He is not clawing, yelping or anything. He just silently lays still.
I have no money. I can't take him to a vet. The only vet that has treated my ferrets for low cost and free is on vacation. The animal 24h hospital won't see ferrets.

I am way too familar with every ferret just loving dying, but what can I try besides syringe feeding?

Take it to the vet or it dies. If you don't have money find someone who does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread