Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Austrian mook posted:

Wario is more jew than nazi, don't you think?

my thoughts exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Did people get this insanely angry after the Norton's Niggas tag started going around? That one even kind of affiliates the gangtag owner with the word, this is more like reminding people, "hey remember that one time Bowser said a slur? Good times," every time we post, which is a community service really.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

The Walking Dead games are a really great example at how even a tiny bit of engaging interactivity (and good writing) can make even an interactive novel really emotionally investing and is a testament to how loving bad games that can't even pull that off are

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Game storytelling on an actual writing level is nothing special but it's also a really good medium for super easily conveying settings + empathy and that's not really a bad thing? Games writing is bad because game devs hire whatever schmuck in the testing department came up with a cool name for a subboss once not because the medium is inherently terrible at storytelling, and while having variables in a story can be one of games' strengths it's also not like every game is under the pretense that you're doing anything more than filling a role and uncovering a predetermined story

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

I think the real answer we can all agree on is that devs need to stop writing lovely stories for video games and instead write good ones.

e:

qnqnx posted:

Good storygames list:

Dungeon World is pretty fun

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

rip good tony hawk games, goddamn

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Schnedwob posted:

Would it be possible to make the tag a link to the youtube clip?

Seconding this, it saves time proselytizing

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Titty Warlord posted:

i doubt they will realise that it's clickable

the funny thing is that i guarantee they will but it won't change their opinion on it because it would get in the way of BLIND INDIGNATION

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

ArfJason posted:

same it sounds like a :siren:forced meme:siren:

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

You're right. Who am I to stand in the way of Funny Thing being applied to literally everything? Sucks to "playing it out," let's run this poo poo into the ground!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

It was a good run while it lasted I guess

e: he's a liar that he didn't hear Bowser say it though lmao it's right there

• Locked thread