Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
A fan of both Drake and the Warriors? The amount of mid-2010s dickriding is off the chart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

OPAONI posted:

A fan of both Drake and the Warriors? The amount of mid-2010s dickriding is off the chart.

just wait until you hear about his video game takes!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/karlogan_/status/1786812637109448961

https://x.com/KwameKamikaze/status/1786802217493708958

Dexo fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 4, 2024

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
https://twitter.com/Drake/status/1974401447

Don't know nothin bout dat

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I just assumed every celebrity and rich person has unclaimed children.

Kendrick talking about how much he respects women when he had Kodak (pedophile rapist) on his last album is pretty funny though

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

BitchMidget posted:

wife beater

This has as much supporting evidence as Drake's daughter.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Kendrick also threatened to pull his music from Spotify if they helped deplatform R Kelly. Maybe he's had a change of heart since then, but it's not a good look.

None of which is to say that his accusations against Drake have any less weight. Accusations of the pot calling the kettle black tend to ignore that the kettle is indeed black.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Craptacular! posted:

This has as much supporting evidence as Drake's daughter.

No, Drake has a history of lying a lot.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Froghammer posted:

Kendrick also threatened to pull his music from Spotify if they helped deplatform R Kelly.

lol

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Froghammer posted:

Kendrick also threatened to pull his music from Spotify if they helped deplatform R Kelly. Maybe he's had a change of heart since then, but it's not a good look.

None of which is to say that his accusations against Drake have any less weight. Accusations of the pot calling the kettle black tend to ignore that the kettle is indeed black.

I don't know Kendrick's opinion, but that wasn't Kendrick, that was Top Dog who said that, and everyone aggregated it by saying Kendrick's music threatened to be taken off of Spotify.

quote:

Last week, Bloomberg reported that representatives for multiple acts—including Kendrick Lamar—reached out to Spotify Chief Executive Officer Daniel Ek and head of artist relations Troy Carter and threatened to pull their music if the company kept the policy as it stood. In an interview with Billboard, Anthony “Top Dawg” Tiffith, CEO of Top Dawg Entertainment, has now confirmed that he threatened to remove music from the service.

It was aggregated as representatives for Kendrick said this as if Kendrick made the call. And not just TDE's head who manages several artists portfolios

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

So is it actually worth listening to 16 minutes of Drake being dissed and trying to dissect all the lyrics lol. I don't care about him but everyone in the kendrick subreddit is acting like this is the greatest rap beef of all time and this latest one is the most "vicious diss ever zomg kendrick is willing to die for this I cant".

I can't help but feel like people just miss the first season of True Detective and solving a puzzle with other people, and that even if all this was about Lil Mosey everyone would still be going nuts over it. Or maybe I'm missing out on the most epic Wheelchair Jimmy disses.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Actually listening to diss tracks is like actually listening to battle raps

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

emptyrave posted:

So is it actually worth listening to 16 minutes of Drake being dissed and trying to dissect all the lyrics lol. I don't care about him but everyone in the kendrick subreddit is acting like this is the greatest rap beef of all time and this latest one is the most "vicious diss ever zomg kendrick is willing to die for this I cant".

I can't help but feel like people just miss the first season of True Detective and solving a puzzle with other people, and that even if all this was about Lil Mosey everyone would still be going nuts over it. Or maybe I'm missing out on the most epic Wheelchair Jimmy disses.

After reading your post I think you, specifically, should just skip it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BitchMidget posted:

Woah…

I can’t believe how much that little agony aunt, size 7 mens shoe wearing, gossip girl bitch weirdo “owned” Drake

First… get this… he rapped some boring brainfart bars about having a spy… a mole.. a secret informant in OVO.

Then Drake absolutely annihilated and exposed him as the little fake blacktivist liar that he is…

But then Kendrick drops again with his big reveal... His big claim? Drake has another child 🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe send a card? Or book a brunch somewhere? Even a baby shower? Does hallmark not exist any more?!

Turns out Kendrick’s big coup de grace is completely bullshit, and either Kendrick just flat out made-up the “spy”… or… wait for it… Drake outplayed him and deliberately fed him false information. I’m honestly not sure about which one is more embarrassing 🙈 lmaoooooooo.

And here we are… with grown men doing mental gymnastics to claim that Kendrick completely fabricating an underage girl is somehow apparently okay and normal… and Kdot rapping an entire verse to a made-up underage girl is apparently super fine too. Holy loving moley… talk about some twisted loser weirdo poo poo

But anyway… that’s apparently Kendrick’s massive diss. Drake has an imaginary child. And also… “Drake gambles… drinks… and HAS SEX WITH WOMEN!!!”… like every actual man does hahahaha

No wonder all you little Kendrick crybaby’s can’t relate I guess :laugh:

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Why are you posting about rap if you can't be bothered to listen to it and form your own opinion.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

kinda feelin like the early 2010s in here again...

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

Dexo posted:

Why are you posting about rap if you can't be bothered to listen to it and form your own opinion.

Because asking questions on the internet is actually very easy to do believe it or not. I'm not gonna spend an hour going through every line of 16 minutes of three songs on rapgenius and do multiple relistens to fully appreciate them if ithey arent as good as all these subreddit kendrick stans say they are.

Not really that complicated lol.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

emptyrave posted:

sit this one out

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

emptyrave posted:

Because asking questions on the internet is actually very easy to do believe it or not. I'm not gonna spend an hour going through every line of 16 minutes of three songs on rapgenius and do multiple relistens to fully appreciate them if ithey arent as good as all these subreddit kendrick stans say they are.

So listen to it once and if it grabs you, listen to it again.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Thank you Drake, not only for the music but also for the Monkeu rereg posts

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

emptyrave posted:

It's worth listening. You don't need to dissect poo poo.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

:rolleyes:

Just play the loving music, or don't make your own decision

No need to mother may I over listening to some songs.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

emptyrave posted:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
redditors try to listen to music challenge

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I didn’t think we’d see anything more embarassing than the monkeu posts but life uhhh finds a way.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

emptyrave posted:

So is it actually worth listening to 16 minutes of Drake being dissed and trying to dissect all the lyrics lol.

Euphoria has maybe 20% of it's bars coded, and 6:16 has a really great Al Green sample running in the background even if Kendrick trying to sing without auto-tune slips into Bad Idol Audition territory. Aside from the OAAAUUU GAWWWWD part, I could see myself playing it just for the flow sometimes.

The most recent one is not really pleasant to listen to, but how much dissection does "I hope you die in a prison you degenerate piece of poo poo" really need.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The Drake song was actually not bad too, it was just a huge miscalculation to even go down that road. Shoulda just sat down and shut the gently caress up

The Kendrick songs are all good and you don’t need to have a genius tab open to get what he’s saying. Play the songs you fuckin dork lol

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Craptacular! posted:

even if Kendrick trying to sing without auto-tune slips into Bad Idol Audition territory.

went back and listened to the Control verse earlier today and forgot he just does the world's worst ODB impression in the middle of it lol

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Dexo posted:

Wild he came back for this and not after the Warriors fell apart.

I always thought Drake was a Toronto Raptors fan, I never saw him part of Warriors culture too? I always saw E-40 with bay area sports instead but i'm not tuned in

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
If you look at Genius, it seems the cover artwork for Family Matters has already changed it's typeface to look less like the ABC sitcom title card than it currently still does on Drake's IG. Someone looks scared of Mickey Mouse.

I have to believe Kendrick likely read the majority of Family Matters even before recording Euphoria, and that song is advising Drake not to release it. All those bars ("this is a friendly fade, let's keep it that way" / "I can even predict your angle, fabricatin' stories on the family front") is tipping that he already knows of that track, and 6:16 is the "you should know I've already been fed your next move, and so I probably know a lot more than you realize".

Zooming out to reveal the Ozempic was just the icing on the cake. At least for now I think Kendrick was writing responses while Drake was crushing cars.

Edit:

ItohRespectArmy posted:

probably dosen't help drake that he's still directing bars at future and rick ross
A whole miniature segment about The Weeknd all because he made a verse that could be decoded as "glad I didn't sign with that label," and really all he's got is "you're only Canadian when it's convenient, and your manager is possibly queer?"

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 4, 2024

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

probably dosen't help drake that he's still directing bars at future and rick ross

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
lol at drake confused as to why future doesn't like him anymore

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Wikipedia had to lock Drake's page:

https://bsky.app/profile/magic-skeetbus.bsky.social/post/3krotvv3hy22f

"a diss track is not an authoritative source"

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/MetroBoomin/status/1786856146755555702

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

We promise we will never trust you.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

https://twitter.com/MetroBoomin/status/1664740904198864899

lol

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Rabid Snake posted:

I always thought Drake was a Toronto Raptors fan, I never saw him part of Warriors culture too? I always saw E-40 with bay area sports instead but i'm not tuned in

That’s because Monkeu is not a Canadian he’s just a weirdo with a “getting banned on the internet” fetish who picked the two biggest things in the world in 2017 and decided to cape for them like they pay him (which I hope they do because otherwise the amount of money he’s spent on SA accounts is deeply troubling)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

lmao they got me

but what if they didn't...