Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
After I did the talking thing I 1CC'd Crimzon Clover for the first time, and Fronz watched it happen.

What a night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevett
Aug 31, 2001

you said "hashtag" when reading the name of an IRC channel

what has the world come to

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Nevett posted:

you said "hashtag" when reading the name of an IRC channel

what has the world come to

I use twitter more than irc now

Appealing to younger demos

gently caress idk I'm waiting for a huge "well actually" from someone that's written a line of code in the last five years

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Good job.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Lock posted:

Oh poo poo, is it time to bitch and whine about Tecman's masterpiece again?

"Wahh gently caress this nerd who typed a bunch of words that are a bit spergy sure, it will never compete with my mlp/dr who slashfic, who does he think he is"

Tecman is a gentleman, a scholar, a Cool Dude, half as spergy as most of you, and it's a useful OP if you know how to use a dictionary (hint: don't read the whole goddamn thing for starters).

Dude has a card problen though, bless his soul.

MASTERPIECE

ITS A loving MASTERPIECE GUYS

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
This is already generating great results, thank you OP.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

Even if the OP was one sentence long nobody would read it. Such is the fate of all OPs.

I'm not convinced this gentleman is aware of the situation.

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

thuly posted:

After I did the talking thing I 1CC'd Crimzon Clover for the first time, and Fronz watched it happen.

What a night.

you've accomplished more in one night than most people do in their entire lifetime

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

thuly posted:

What a night.

was it easy mode or arcade mode?

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

zen death robot posted:

So what's the ransom going to be for the Steam OP? Or does Ralp determine that?

My idea: If they want it back, they must buy & finish Agarest on steam, with achievements to prove that they actually 100%ed it.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
tecman must stream himself playing each of his steam library games for 1+ min apiece

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Honestly, I cannot hate a man for dedication to gaming.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
i fell asleep on it :( you are a greater man than I. thank you for your service

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
You've served these forums well

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Thuly, we honor your sacrifice.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

They are already upset, this is golden

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

They are just gonna have to wait I'm in a car for the next sixteen hours

E1: lol ragequit is mad

E2: I'll write a new op but no way am I gonna babysit it whenever a new revision of steamOS is rumored or anything like that.

thuly fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 17, 2014

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

poo poo, tecman himself isn't defending it

Tecman posted:

Yeah, if anyone feels like they could post and maintain a new thread, go hog wild. I've been planning on making a truncated version for a couple of months now, but I never really find the time or willpower to do it, plus the OP is kind of out-of-date already. Sorry. :( It's come up so many times that I can't sit on it any longer; any one up to making a new one?

I can still help out with creating any header images if the next person isn't good with pixels, but I just can't write/go around the new to copypaste the :words: anymore like I used to.

Zedd was right, the copypaste behemoth that is the current OP was made when I was unemployed and dreadfully bored - which isn't the case anymore. And my current job is p. much creating tons of web content, so the last thing I need is MORE of that in my spare time.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Tecman is a cool guy who owns thousands of games, what's not to love?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i was going to read through the op and find all the redundant bits (a lot of it) and the completely useless info (most of it) and post the actually good stuff but god drat i have better things to do like sit here doing nothing

Dec 26, 2012

Hog Butcher posted:

high five, you were also there. many good imps were there.

hell yea motherfucker

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I was there for a bit but decided to start playing xenoblade instead.

I'm sorry for my weakness. :negative:

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I was there for a bit but decided to start playing xenoblade instead.

I'm sorry for my weakness. :negative:

You made the right call. Playing games instead of taking about posting about games is good.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

thuly posted:

You made the right call. Playing games instead of taking about posting about games is good.

it's

also good job thuly

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Is it fascism yet posted:

was it easy mode or arcade mode?

It was original type3. I played before the steam release but I'm having to get good again because no typeZ to steamroll the game with.

I no missed up to the final boss tho so that was pretty cool, had 1 stock left at the end of tlb2

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i would like a large avatar as part of the ransom

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Hog Butcher posted:

i would like a large avatar as part of the ransom

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

I'm gonna make a big elaborate post that's all letters cut out of game titles like a Lindbergh ransom note and see if ralp will post it and close/sticky the thread.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
if they close the steam thread where will Dominic White go to defend every lovely game ever made?

Dec 26, 2012

Wow man, can you imagine how epic funny will a thread OP be if written by somebody who hated the big one? So many lulz, I will piss myelf, maybe the OP will be just one word between two asterisks and that word will be fartz. Can't wait for that monster of a joke and inevitable immediate glodminining.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

thuly posted:

There's a huge bad steam thread in games.

Ralp said a thing in another thread:

gently caress that thread.

I'll be reading the thread and streaming it on twitch tonight. Expect energy drinks, e-cigs, bouts of swearing, authentic compulsive handwringing and face-touching. By the end of it you will be well aware of the identity and history of John "Video Games" Galt.

Should be starting around 9:30 central, feel free to drop in and call me a gigantic queermo or cheer or whatever. I'll be on the CTS mumble if anyone wants to bullshit. I'm a fat white guy with a bad beard so don't expect any surprises.

gently caress that god damned thread

Soooo it took five and a half loving hours plus some A/V club time

This is the gayest thing I've ever read or heard of. I salute you, fellow Immper!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ralp just gassed it.

e; :rip:

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

01011001 posted:

Wow man, can you imagine how epic funny will a thread OP be if written by somebody who hated the big one? So many lulz, I will piss myelf, maybe the OP will be just one word between two asterisks and that word will be fartz. Can't wait for that monster of a joke and inevitable immediate glodminining.

yeah lol please don't do this

thuly posted:

I'm gonna make a big elaborate post that's all letters cut out of game titles like a Lindbergh ransom note and see if ralp will post it and close/sticky the thread.

Oops I should have waited for this. Well I will edit it in if you still make one@!

Dec 26, 2012

Ralp posted:

yeah lol please don't do this

some guy in that thread with 70 some odd pages of posts said that lol. nobody here wants a new steam thread

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
ralp can i have as a big av for keeping the op company + amusement during the 5 hour trip

edit: it doesn't even add height to my posts dang that owns

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Ralp posted:

Oops I should have waited for this. Well I will edit it in if you still make one@!

It wasn't gonna be until tomorrow anyways

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
congrats op

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
imp zone has gotten a bad thread gassed and a creepy as hell dude banned. we do good work here.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Hooray! Hell Dump is back! *ALL the shittiest posters come in for a huge "let's ban this perfectly innocent weirdo party*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
yeah but it took people posting in the qcs thread with lowtax hanging around to really do it

• Locked thread