Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Ralp posted:

Oops I should have waited for this. Well I will edit it in if you still make one@!

It wasn't gonna be until tomorrow anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
congrats op

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
imp zone has gotten a bad thread gassed and a creepy as hell dude banned. we do good work here.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Hooray! Hell Dump is back! *ALL the shittiest posters come in for a huge "let's ban this perfectly innocent weirdo party*

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
yeah but it took people posting in the qcs thread with lowtax hanging around to really do it

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

conceitedguy posted:

Hooray! Hell Dump is back! *ALL the shittiest posters come in for a huge "let's ban this perfectly innocent weirdo party*

I don't like you, conceitedguy, but I agree that the trend of trying to turn this forum into some kind helldump for games is not positive.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I don't like you, conceitedguy, but I agree that the trend of trying to turn this forum into some kind helldump for games is not positive.

lol

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it is true. call people out in gbs if you need to because lowtax endorsed it at some point.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

I appreciate your blunt honesty.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Please suggest ideas for the de-gassing, tia

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

KoldPT posted:

yours was a good one

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

KoldPT posted:

don't try to galtse with steam info. nobody needs to know how to download a game. nobody needs to know every country in each region when you can post a little colorcoded map. don't have redundant information like the ssd defraggler thing which was in 3 separate times.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Hog Butcher posted:

don't try to galtse with steam info. nobody needs to know how to download a game. nobody needs to know every country in each region when you can post a little colorcoded map. don't have redundant information like the ssd defraggler thing which was in 3 separate times.

well I meant to bring it back but ideas to fix the op are cool too.

galtse is cool but pretty boring :shrug: maybe something photoshop-heavy would be nice because of all the photoshop wizards who posted in that thread

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Hey they're cheating

XOIC of Radishes posted:

This thread seems to lack an informative OP. Here's an OP from another Steam thread that can be pretty useful. It's a bit long, so if you have a question about something in particular, you may want to Ctrl+F a keyword.

e: When in doubt, delete Clientregistry.blob

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
oh drat dude I didn't know you already suggested reading galtse, what a coincidence

i was just describing the original thread as being like having to read galtse

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

KoldPT posted:

quite simply, it shouldn't come back. 99% of conversation in the thread is 'hey is this game good, should I buy it?' and whenever steam did anything actually interesting like summer sale or trading cards it got its own thread anyway. It was a lovely general thread in a cheap disguise.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Yeah, pretty much.

If it has to come back, it should be split into multiple threads. I think "New Steam releases", "Steam troubleshooting" and "Game deals" would be a good start.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
haha, yeah, the solution to an overlong op would be 3 different threads, that's way more convenient

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i think he's addressing the spamming nature of the thread

game deals is already in coupons and deals iirc

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

steam thread moves slower than the xbox one thread

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"

Ralp posted:

Basically someone do a cool stunt of Forums Endurance to outdo this guy's soliloquy to prove that you like this thread more than he hates this thread, and it's all yours again!!

lets keep it closed. its way funnier this guy wasted 5 hours of his life because he hates a thread on the internet

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Hat Thoughts posted:

haha, yeah, the solution to an overlong op would be 3 different threads, that's way more convenient

It is though. Those three topics are distinct enough that there wouldn't be much overlap between those three threads. It's way more convenient to post in a thread that's only about Steam technical errors if you're having problems than to post in a thread that's about that, games and game deals.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Falsum posted:

It is though. Those three topics are distinct enough that there wouldn't be much overlap between those three threads. It's way more convenient to post in a thread that's only about Steam technical errors if you're having problems than to post in a thread that's about that, games and game deals.

Do you really need a thread for steam technical errors when the answer is always "delete clientregistr.blob"?

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Expect energy drinks, e-cigs, bouts of swearing, authentic compulsive handwringing and face-touching. By the end of it you will be well aware of the identity and history of John "Video Games" Galt.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it actually was a chill trip through a boring thing to read with a really good chat and frankerz

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
In my opinion, not having the steam thread is roughly as bad as what Gaza is going through right now, but I respect y'all's opinion.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

holy poo poo it took you five and a half hours op? Nice!!!

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Bernardo Orel posted:

Do you really need a thread for steam technical errors when the answer is always "delete clientregistr.blob"?

Me? No, I've never had trouble with Steam. But when I read the Steam thread, posts about technical problems seem to get lost in all the game chat, so I think having a separate thread about them wouldn't be pointless.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Falsum posted:

Me? No, I've never had trouble with Steam. But when I read the Steam thread, posts about technical problems seem to get lost in all the game chat, so I think having a separate thread about them wouldn't be pointless.

People who come to the games forum of a comedy website for a technical software problem instead of simply googling the problem or postin in the official troubleshooting forum of the actual software probably should be ignored anyway.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
most of it was copypasted from the official troubleshooting forum

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the word count in the OP was 39,630

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Awesome! posted:

steam thread moves slower than the xbox one thread

can we gas the "bone sucks" thread next actually because it's devolved into Shadow Puppet posting Amazon rankings like they matter and virtualboyCOLOR shitposting like it wasn't once his favorite thread ever

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can just go call everyone in there a fag if you want :shrug:

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

it's the best thread in games tbh

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Awesome! posted:

you can just go call everyone in there a fag if you want :shrug:

pretty much this

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Truth: I didn't mind the old thread and just dismissed it as pleasant but unreadable. Ralp gave me an opportunity to send over twelve thousand posts into a toilet. All I was going to do with last night was a couple of runs on crimzon clover and read a book anyways.

Then I cleared my goal on CC and went to bed a little earlier than expected.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

like those dudes are seriously p[retty awesome imo. they are huge loving nerds for wanting a console to fail and they post a ton about it. but they take their licks and get trolled all to hell a lot in that thread but they keep on trucking and then never report anyone. that poo poo is respectable to me

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

i wish the wii sucks thread was that good but nintendo fans don't get angry about stuff so it doesn't really work

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Organs posted:

i wish the wii sucks thread was that good but nintendo fans don't get angry about stuff so it doesn't really work

it was pretty good when wulgus was trolling the poo poo out of fulchrum but it kind of died off since then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think it's a bad thread, I just think it's funny how long the OP is, and funny that someone bothered to read it out loud for a very trivial reason, and cool that we got to see him do it, and hopefully cool/funny that we get to see someone else do a forums stunt to get it back.

• Locked thread