Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Godspeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
http://www.twitch.tv/valestyne

Come watch an imp risk his voice for the greater good.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Mash posted:

This is a sad thing to watch but I must, for it is vital.

The reading of the Steam thread gave me a cold

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
This is already generating great results, thank you OP.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Hey they're cheating

XOIC of Radishes posted:

This thread seems to lack an informative OP. Here's an OP from another Steam thread that can be pretty useful. It's a bit long, so if you have a question about something in particular, you may want to Ctrl+F a keyword.

e: When in doubt, delete Clientregistry.blob

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Yeah, pretty much.

If it has to come back, it should be split into multiple threads. I think "New Steam releases", "Steam troubleshooting" and "Game deals" would be a good start.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Hat Thoughts posted:

haha, yeah, the solution to an overlong op would be 3 different threads, that's way more convenient

It is though. Those three topics are distinct enough that there wouldn't be much overlap between those three threads. It's way more convenient to post in a thread that's only about Steam technical errors if you're having problems than to post in a thread that's about that, games and game deals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Bernardo Orel posted:

Do you really need a thread for steam technical errors when the answer is always "delete clientregistr.blob"?

Me? No, I've never had trouble with Steam. But when I read the Steam thread, posts about technical problems seem to get lost in all the game chat, so I think having a separate thread about them wouldn't be pointless.

• Locked thread