Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
There's a huge bad steam thread in games.

Ralp said a thing in another thread:

Ralp posted:

I bought "the orange box" and have never installed or logged onto steam. btw if anyone films him- or herself reading the entire multipart steam megathread OP out loud I'm going to gas that thread and hold it ransom, check out qcs for more info

gently caress that thread.

I'll be reading the thread and streaming it on twitch tonight. Expect energy drinks, e-cigs, bouts of swearing, authentic compulsive handwringing and face-touching. By the end of it you will be well aware of the identity and history of John "Video Games" Galt.

Should be starting around 9:30 central, feel free to drop in and call me a gigantic queermo or cheer or whatever. I'll be on the CTS mumble if anyone wants to bullshit. I'm a fat white guy with a bad beard so don't expect any surprises.

gently caress that god damned thread

Soooo it took five and a half loving hours plus some A/V club time

thuly fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jul 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Tecman is a loving retard

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Welp, that happened.

http://www.twitch.tv/valestyne/profile/pastBroadcasts

thuly fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jul 17, 2014

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

After I did the talking thing I 1CC'd Crimzon Clover for the first time, and Fronz watched it happen.

What a night.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Nevett posted:

you said "hashtag" when reading the name of an IRC channel

what has the world come to

I use twitter more than irc now

Appealing to younger demos

gently caress idk I'm waiting for a huge "well actually" from someone that's written a line of code in the last five years

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

Even if the OP was one sentence long nobody would read it. Such is the fate of all OPs.

I'm not convinced this gentleman is aware of the situation.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

They are just gonna have to wait I'm in a car for the next sixteen hours

E1: lol ragequit is mad

E2: I'll write a new op but no way am I gonna babysit it whenever a new revision of steamOS is rumored or anything like that.

thuly fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 17, 2014

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I was there for a bit but decided to start playing xenoblade instead.

I'm sorry for my weakness. :negative:

You made the right call. Playing games instead of taking about posting about games is good.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Is it fascism yet posted:

was it easy mode or arcade mode?

It was original type3. I played before the steam release but I'm having to get good again because no typeZ to steamroll the game with.

I no missed up to the final boss tho so that was pretty cool, had 1 stock left at the end of tlb2

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

I'm gonna make a big elaborate post that's all letters cut out of game titles like a Lindbergh ransom note and see if ralp will post it and close/sticky the thread.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Ralp posted:

Oops I should have waited for this. Well I will edit it in if you still make one@!

It wasn't gonna be until tomorrow anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Truth: I didn't mind the old thread and just dismissed it as pleasant but unreadable. Ralp gave me an opportunity to send over twelve thousand posts into a toilet. All I was going to do with last night was a couple of runs on crimzon clover and read a book anyways.

Then I cleared my goal on CC and went to bed a little earlier than expected.

• Locked thread