Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

They also have awesome flying ships that almost look like spaceships.

Almost, nothing. The unique traits for the Flying ships(at least circa Warlock 1) are 'Shadow-class' and 'Eclipse-class'. These are classes of Star Destroyer from the Star Wars Expanded Universe.

The game is silly and nerdy and in many cases revels in it.

Name? Necheim? Necro+heim, "Death-home"?

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Hard to say no to a Dracolich, either.

Really, the Undead are absolute monsters circa Warlock 1, as I see it.

Growth that isn't that far below anyone else, are immune to the standard starvation mechanic since they don't eat, units that are surprisingly study, ready access to early(Green Bats, later Blackshadows) and late flyers(Flying ships, Dracoliches), drainers(Vampires of course, but also Blackshadows). Ghosts are expensive, but also utter bastards.

Really, the only thing that hurts them is their over-reliance on Death damage and their own weakness to Life.

...I'm sure anyone could sing the praises of any race, though. Hell, even I could.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 2, 2014

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

I heard one shouting something about going to beat up leaving dog headed warriors with scythes for hands and crocodiles that shoot beams of light from their heads”

Ah, Age of Mythology...

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Meh. Ino-co is Russian-based. There has been similar weirdness in the text of the later Majesty expansions and well as the various King's Bounty games. It does not excuse it. It does explain it-somewhat.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

As much as one can have(deserved or not)hate for DLC and patching and nickle-and-diming and pay-to-win and etc, this is how things happened in the old days. New games weren't always new, but the old one with a coat of paint and fixes applied, or a map disc, or...

In many ways things have changed, in many they haven't.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Tehan posted:

Edit: And actually building an empire at all if you're playing as dragonman :smaug:

As who?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

The price scheme is strange.

Buy Base game=£24.99.
Buy game with all gubbins=£44.99.
Upgrade base game to all gubbins version=£15 for total spent of 39.99.

Then again, it's unclear whether you can buy the in-game stuff(like dragon mode) separately.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

What exactly is New Garuta building here?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Someone did try earlier, but it didn't finish.

The game ain't horrible, but a lot of it's humour is in the voicework(So it'd want to be video), at the same time as the game is long(Hard to come up with subjects to talk on) and tricky(A lot of re-dos are in your future, especially as the campaigns go on).

Which is a shame, because the game's worth showing off.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 11, 2014

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I was gonna say stuff about strategy and hindsight and etc, because that's what I felt as I've been getting back into Majesty 2, bouncing aound the campaigns.

Then I tried the King Rat mission in baseline Maj2.

As such I fully agree with you.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Sep 11, 2014

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

There was one reason why it was possible to enchant weapons with both fire and flame: early mages did a lot of fighting against fire and ice elementals and having a sword for one or other occasion was really wasteful.

I think you mean 'Fire and frost'.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

If you have the DLC (included in Majesty 2 Complete)

My own experiences are...nasty. The game was released during a time when Impulse was still a thing and not part of the Gamestop network. Some DLC was released. Then it kinda...disappeared from a lot of people, including me. Extra maps, the extra levels of weapon, the frost magi, the Lunord Temple...all gone.

I'm stuck with it.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not 'chumps' at all.

The four are ASSHOLES. Quite apart from their hefty base statlines(appropriate for four Great Mages I.E former Player Characters), Empress can heal and resurrect Elspiritster, Elspiritster buffs Amberon and Tendral whilst he's still alive and deals severe damage himself, Amberon heals and buffs Tendral. All are immune to debuffs and have regen as well.

Note the Exemplars were tricked out to the absolute limit and were still under threat of being taken out in a single volley.

http://warlockmota.wikia.com/wiki/Empress_(Warlock_2)
http://warlockmota.wikia.com/wiki/Elpiritster_the_Eternal_(Warlock_2)
http://warlockmota.wikia.com/wiki/Amberon_the_Dark_(Warlock_2)
http://warlockmota.wikia.com/wiki/Tendral_son_of_Vendral_(Warlock_2)

...Kinda raises the question why they didn't leave their towers in the first place given the 'blessing of the United One' is defensive measures rather than offensive. Also the Great Mage Shadow in the first game also showed what they were capable of even when dead. I mean, the Dragon DLC shows that that much is possible. I wonder if people have modded that?

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Hmm. Apparently the game has received a new race as DLC. Nagas. Aquatic-based to the point of starting in water. Amphibious units allow projection of power on land. Shades of the Nautilus Pirates.

• Locked thread