Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

i think os x 10.10 looks much better than mavericks, safari needs a little work though i think the tabs are too hard to differentiate.

i opened steam on my retina macbook and lol that is an ugly rear end program at hidpi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

power botton posted:

World war III will be fought with computers, and WWIV will be fought against them

microsoft windows was used to help crash the planes into the world trade centers on 9/11/2001

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

power botton posted:

suicide free since 2014

EXCEPT IN OUR FACTORIES

what, was there a little stick figure hanging himself before?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

i think os x 10.10 looks much better than mavericks, safari needs a little work though i think the tabs are too hard to differentiate.

i opened steam on my retina macbook and lol that is an ugly rear end program at hidpi

steam looks ugly on everything

pram
Jun 10, 2001

prefect posted:

what, was there a little stick figure hanging himself before?

no it took a left turn over an overpass bridge

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Squinty Applebottom posted:

I'm scared for my children and children's children that windows 7 and Mavericks will be the last good OSes. As a fellow fatherer do you share my concern or am I being silly.

yosemite might be ugly (i don't think it is but aesthetic preference) but it's actually perfectly usable outside of one or two bugs but it's a beta right now

if the leaks are true win 9 looks more like win 7 than 8 and even though they're doing some dumb ad related stuff it's not that intrusive

really this blowback reminds me of when lion was unveiled and everyone sperged out over launchpad

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
windows has always looked better than apple, win 3.1 is to Renoir as OSX is to a baby's lovely diaper

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

pram posted:

no it took a left turn over an overpass bridge

aha

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

lol

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Map Daddy make you jump jump!

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

computer parts posted:

if the leaks are true win 9 looks more like win 7 than 8 and even though they're doing some dumb ad related stuff it's not that intrusive

no big deal, it's taking a poo poo on my face but it's not that intrusive

gotta love those shifting expectations

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
only showing the domain in a url is the dumbest loving thing, the solution to a problem literally nobody had

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

apple is dead, and windows 8 is fine

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Yodzilla posted:

only showing the domain in a url is the dumbest loving thing, the solution to a problem literally nobody had

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the rainbow apple in the new commercial upsets me

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

cheese-cube posted:

steam looks ugly on everything

it looks especially ugly when you have super high res fonts in chats then poo poo ones in the title bars

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Werthog 95 posted:

the rainbow apple in the new commercial upsets me

haha not me. hope they bring it back

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
My favorite part about using safari is when I type something into the combined search/address bar and it tries to interpret it as a url when it clearly isn't

which I guess is better than IE...9? I think? Where typing "https://www.google.com" in the address bar resulted in a bing search

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

to be fair i should be no more upset by them using the rainbow apple than them using the apple at all

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

YOSemite grows on u, just give it a chance

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

mad.radhu posted:

My favorite part about using safari is when I type something into the combined search/address bar and it tries to interpret it as a url when it clearly isn't

are you sure you don't mean iOS? because it happens to me on that. i push space and it puts in a period. i know double tapping space puts in a period, but i'm not doing that. not sure what i'm doing

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
install gnome 3 op

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

mad.radhu posted:

which I guess is better than IE...9? I think? Where typing "https://www.google.com" in the address bar resulted in a bing search
to be fair when you have TLDs like .coffee and .red and .xyz anything could be a domain.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

power botton posted:

to be fair when you have TLDs like .coffee and .red and .xyz anything could be a domain.

yeah but not four or five word phrases separated by spaces

which it then happily tells me it can't load this%20url%20bithc

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Phoenixan posted:

install gnome 3 op

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

steve is lord of all our hearts op

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
i installed yosemite last night

i like it a lot, it looks really nice on a retina display

not a huge fan of spotlight poppin' up in the middle of the screen though

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

carry on then posted:

YOSemite grows on u, just give it a chance

mlmp

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

a normal response to using an apple product

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

LARD LORD posted:

a normal response to using an apple product

u should kill yourself if you need to use a map ever is what it's sayin

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
wow rude

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

it's so when jane c neurotypical sees a fake chase bank website, she sees hsbdjcidjsn.co.ru instead of chase-bank-inc.hsbdjcidjsn.co.ru

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
It also hides the subdomain? :gowron:

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Rahu posted:

It also hides the subdomain? :gowron:

u can turn it off tho

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

remember aqua

lickable buttons

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
remember the brushed metal

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

quicktime volume scroll wheel.

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
nobody should ever use the three color buttons in osx. graphite monochrome ftw

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
also the choice to use helvetica as the main typeface is a boring choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
that is a fair comment but what would you propose instead

• Locked thread