Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

poty posted:

apple has 200 goddamn billions in the bank but cant hire enough devs to have this finished by now? wtf

they're busy using that money to make a flying saucer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

poty posted:

its uglier than the os but its not bad

not as ugly as you're mom hahahahahahah

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

someone make an android parody of this, where you see all of these icons and colors awkardly morph into others that aren't consistent in size, color, stroke width, etc, maybe accompanied by some grunting sounds as the icons morph

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
ok im making it get ready for the lols

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
thank you.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

poty posted:

:ohdear: please be unironic

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
shhh dont interrupt me. genius at work over here

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

i jus really hated that videos music

you have to admit it was still better than the plinky xylophone nursery rhyme poo poo that google uses in everything

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Polo-Rican posted:

someone make an android parody of this, where you see all of these icons and colors awkardly morph into others that aren't consistent in size, color, stroke width, etc, maybe accompanied by some grunting sounds as the icons morph

that would be the weirdest most specific parody conceivable

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PleasureKevin posted:

it's a reveal video. so the first bits tease. then other elements pop up. then at the end it finally shows the whole thing at once. pretty standard fare.

yeah but that music?

spankmeister posted:

Yosemite is beautiful

that is glorious i so wanna go there

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

you have to admit it was still better than the plinky xylophone nursery rhyme poo poo that google uses in everything

idk is it i dont watch many of these things (and for good reason it seesm)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

here, watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqSDWoAhvLU

that music puts me zero to furious in no time flat. not sure why. i should probably reflect on it.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

echinopsis posted:

that is glorious i so wanna go there

i've been there it's gorgeous, pictures don't do it justice

buy a ticket, rent a car and go on a roadtrip of the southwest for 4 weeks or so
plan loosely what you want to see and in what order
go to places, and at the end of the day find a motel

best vacation ever

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

do visit arizona but do not I repeat do not under any circumstances go to phoenix

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

poty posted:

apple has 200 goddamn billions in the bank but cant hire enough devs to have this finished by now? wtf

its almost like creating an industry-wide anti-poaching agreement in order to keep wages low has decreased the quality and morale of their employees to the point where their products are suffering as a result

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

here, watch this

that music puts me zero to furious in no time flat. not sure why. i should probably reflect on it.

lol

I'll have to watch it later no way am I going to listen to it at work

spankmeister posted:

i've been there it's gorgeous, pictures don't do it justice

buy a ticket, rent a car and go on a roadtrip of the southwest for 4 weeks or so
plan loosely what you want to see and in what order
go to places, and at the end of the day find a motel

best vacation ever

yes most definitely. wen the kids are older a US road trip is definitely the BIG TRIP wife and I want to do with kids. we've done a shorter one from Florida to DC via tenessee and that was amazing but a bit rushed but definitely

I really wanna see that glorious landscapes. of course nz has some nice landscapes but I feel like the scale of great US scenery sort of eclipses us. what we have is huge spatial variety and looks v.diff to rest of world but as far as massive poo poo? not so much. also those pics make me want to live in a forest and trip trip trip

THC posted:

do visit arizona but do not I repeat do not under any circumstances go to phoenix

why is that where your mum lives :smug:

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

does echo wife share your interests in hallucinogens

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Squinty Applebottom posted:

does echo wife share your interests in hallucinogens

in the past she enjoyed a wee bit of them but they put her on an emotional roller coaster more than some and she's doesn't really like the "bad parts" so I think she'd say she enjoyed them but they aren't for her anymore

in theory at least. in reality drugs are illegal don't use them

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

carry on then posted:

watch the one where phil jumps off a diving board it's lol

this

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

poty posted:

i am now ready poty

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

poty posted:

shhh dont interrupt me. genius at work over here

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

poty posted:

It's also telling about their software that they want all developers in Cupertino than dotted around the world and collaborating online.

Google have lots of video rooms for meetings plus you have Hangouts, GTalk, and continuing attempts at tools like Wave. Apple has replaced OSX Server with a App Store package with half assed wiki and calendar, still no sign of a DMS.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

real talk though the new finder icon is loving awful

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the angled icons clash with the others

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

I really wanna see that glorious landscapes. of course nz has some nice landscapes but I feel like the scale of great US scenery sort of eclipses us. what we have is huge spatial variety and looks v.diff to rest of world but as far as massive poo poo? not so much. also those pics make me want to live in a forest and trip trip trip

yeah, usa got the amber waves of grain, the purple mountain majesties, the fruited plain, the alabaster cities, the patriot dream, and ofc the brotherhood from sea to shining sea

here are some pics i took just in northern and central california over a week of camping

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i would like to point out that pics # 1, 4 and 5 are in fact the Real Yosemite after which apple's latest "production" (iykwim) is named and as you can see it is not ugly as hell at all. apple merely besmirches and dishonors the name with their blasé trash

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

i would like to point out that pics # 1, 4 and 5 are in fact the Real Yosemite after which apple's latest "production" (iykwim) is named and as you can see it is not ugly as hell at all. apple merely besmirches and dishonors the name with their blasé trash

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

ur os appears to be a pos

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

theadder posted:

ur os appears to be a pos

my os is okay but this app is garbage

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

in the past she enjoyed a wee bit of them but they put her on an emotional roller coaster more than some and she's doesn't really like the "bad parts" so I think she'd say she enjoyed them but they aren't for her anymore

in theory at least. in reality drugs are illegal don't use them

the two of you should eat some peyote and wander out into the southwestern desert. i want to do that for a honeymoon one day. good old fashioned cultural appropriation.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

spankmeister posted:

my os is okay but this app is garbage

an android bad my lord

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

focal ischemia posted:

the two of you should eat some peyote and wander out into the southwestern desert. i want to do that for a honeymoon one day. good old fashioned cultural appropriation.

gently caress yeah wife and I took mescaline together the same weekend that I told her that I was denying christ . great memories and relationship strengthening after a potentially damaging coming out

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
along similar themes, one of the best short stories i've read this year

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/06/09/the-bad-graft

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

here, watch this

lmao im the guy saying "There is nothing that makes you feel the least bit threatened."

but in a shock twist, i'm also the guy who coached/made him say that

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Sagebrush posted:

yeah, usa got the amber waves of grain, the purple mountain majesties, the fruited plain, the alabaster cities, the patriot dream, and ofc the brotherhood from sea to shining sea

here are some pics i took just in northern and central california over a week of camping

lol look at this garbage tier point and shoot with barely 10 stops dynamic range lolololo blown highlights much?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sudo Echo posted:

i cant get used to it :\

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Sudo Echo posted:

reflects the quality of finder

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Yodzilla posted:

reflects the quality of finder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

THC posted:

when i was on vacay in europe this summer i met a guy who did his masters + phd at ubc

and now was doing a postdoc in phoenix

it was a huge bummer

• Locked thread