Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I don't understand game development too much, but it's amazing to me that Yukes were trying to build a game based on the structure of a 20+ year old game and Fight Forever is such a mess. Yes they were trying to tweak the gameplay a bit to make it faster, but they weren't inventing a new style of wrestling game. Then to have the CAW system be less customizable then WWF Attitude on top of that, especially with how big the community creation features are for the WWE and Fire Pro games.

I bought Fight Forever digitally then returned it within a couple of days because I felt way overcharged for it. The last time I did that was for WWF Royal Rumble on the Dreamcast. Such a massive disappointment.

Just looked up the season pass prices and that is even more ridiculous.
Season Pass #1 - $30 for six wrestlers and a handful of minigames
Season Pass #2 - $25 for 3 wrestlers and a gauntlet mode
Season Pass #3 - $17 for 3 wrestlers and an arena with a beach
Season Pass #4 - $20 for 3 wrestlers and two arenas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The gameplay part is the good part of the game. The game being void of any reason to come back to it or play it regularly is the part that kills it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
nice 666 snype

agreed, I havent really played it hands on, but from what I've seen and heard... not the one for me, very unfortunately. and even if things turn around and they add the modes and customization id want.. okay so I buy the game and now I have to get 100 dollars worth of dlc so the roster is only outdated to a year and a half ago? yeesh

I was always gonna wait and see on fight forever but for a time I genuinely considered getting a ps5 to go along with it if it was good and lmao I barely use my ps4 anymore as is

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Really funny seeing these guys get added to the game now when none of them have touched it for like a year and have been pretty vocal about the game's failures. Obviously they helped get the game an initial burst of publicity so it's a cool thing to do but like much of Fight Forever it feels like something that should have been done and in the game 10 months ago, not now when the game's been written off by basically everybody.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

refusing to even put Evil Uno in the game is the best running joke

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1788231477060116751

Must feel nice

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Going to make the deadlock crew visit our nation’s capital. The tiiiiiiime has arrived

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Golden Bee posted:

Going to make the deadlock crew visit our nation’s capital. The tiiiiiiime has arrived

im gonna make cm punk gently caress up cm pulse!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So Joe, Adam Copeland, and Jay White. Two new arenas that are not real arenas. 30 moves. And some other bullshit nobody cares about.

Oh, and a Tournament mode! Come the gently caress on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O4bYVzeTeo

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What actually is Tournament Mode? I can't find anything about it

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I'm not seeing Evil Uno on the roster page for the game when I look it up but they are including the Deadlock guys?

I'd also imagine tournament mode is where you can setup your own tournament?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's a really great deal for free.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i found out it costs $30

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Evil Uno deserves better. Man did (and continues to do, iirc) so much promotion & hype for the game and they put another company's founders' CAWs in the game before him. I'm excited for Jawnny & co. but you're telling me they couldn't throw together a BTDO pack of Uno, Reynolds, Cutler & Cabana before the Deadlock boys?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Uno isn't an AEW lifer like Cody or Punk so he probably doesn't deserve to be in.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

When Kenny or Adam Cole likes video games it’s cool but when anybody else does it, it’s indicative of midcard status. The curse of UUDD

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Love that John Blood got in before Evil Uno

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Deadlock is more over with the AEW Crowd than Giant Bomb.

But it's still very depressing knowing Evil Uno has been pretty much the spokesperson for this game when most others, including Kenny Omega or Leva Bates or Nyla Rose.

It just continues to disappoint me, even though I'm thrilled Johnny is in a video game (even though it's a character creator generated)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Deadlock is more over with the AEW Crowd than Giant Bomb.

But it's still very depressing knowing Evil Uno has been pretty much the spokesperson for this game when most others, including Kenny Omega or Leva Bates or Nyla Rose.

It just continues to disappoint me, even though I'm thrilled Johnny is in a video game (even though it's a character creator generated)

i dont think current Giant Bomb is over with anyone

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Putting Uno in means crafting the mask, getting his outfit, getting his moves and taunts. I think they should do it; I don’t think they will until he’s on a TV a lot more.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Does Jawnny have the Overdrive?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yeah

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Happy for the Deadlock gang, especially jawnny. Is kinda telling the dead game gets a free update with CAWs of streamers who don't even regularly play the dead game anymore, but hey

Golden Bee posted:

I don’t think they will until he’s on a TV a lot more.

There's a likelier chance of Dark Order just getting fired this year than of them getting a fourth (fifth?) chance at having a TV presence. Sucks that it cratered this hard post-Brodie

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Golden Bee posted:

Putting Uno in means crafting the mask, getting his outfit, getting his moves and taunts. I think they should do it; I don’t think they will until he’s on a TV a lot more.

At this point I'm pretty certain AEW's given up entirely on the Dark Order so that'll probably never happen

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Havoc904 posted:

I don't understand game development too much, but it's amazing to me that Yukes were trying to build a game based on the structure of a 20+ year old game and Fight Forever is such a mess. Yes they were trying to tweak the gameplay a bit to make it faster, but they weren't inventing a new style of wrestling game. Then to have the CAW system be less customizable then WWF Attitude on top of that, especially with how big the community creation features are for the WWE and Fire Pro games.

I mean they almost certainly had to write a lot of new code for the basic gameplay, they couldn’t use 2k’s engine and probably wouldn’t want to since that’s a mess of legacy code. Like there is still a reason there aren’t a lot of small indie wrestling games, and why something like Fire Pro has so many little compromises and tricks in it.

I think it took longer than expected and when they’d fallen behind enough someone on top told them to start paring it down to get something out the door. The post release schedule is also a mess but that may be a “cutting our losses” maneuver.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Happy for the Deadlock gang, especially jawnny. Is kinda telling the dead game gets a free update with CAWs of streamers who don't even regularly play the dead game anymore, but hey

There's a likelier chance of Dark Order just getting fired this year than of them getting a fourth (fifth?) chance at having a TV presence. Sucks that it cratered this hard post-Brodie

they were just playing fight forever on stream like a week ago

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Drakkel posted:

At this point I'm pretty certain AEW's given up entirely on the Dark Order so that'll probably never happen

in a holding pattern in case Brodie returns/until Brodie 2 gets old enough to follow Cody to the E

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

just looking at it on a video it seems like an 8 man tournament, fire pro has 32 man tournaments and 64 man leagues which works out to 4,032 matches lol.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Budget Dracula posted:

just looking at it on a video it seems like an 8 man tournament, fire pro has 32 man tournaments and 64 man leagues which works out to 4,032 matches lol.

it's keeping true to Tony's booking

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

it sets up a tournament but you dont get to see the bracket until its halfway done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

STING 64 posted:

it sets up a tournament but you dont get to see the bracket until its halfway done
lol