Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Log Horizon is really good, and mostly about politics despite theoretically having a "trapped in an MMO! isn't that kooky!?" setting. Really looking forward to that next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Rage of Bahamut was pretty good, thanks for the recommendations on that everyone. The main character is odd (Wyatt Earp?) and likable and his stuck-up knight-type rival is actually a lot of fun too, he's a great straight-man.

Have only seen the first episode so far, but I'm enjoying Reconquista (despite the "boys are soldiers, girls are cheerleaders" gender mentality :sigh:) especially because of the Eureka 7 character designs, but also because it's just got a great pace and fun tone.

Ai Tenchi Muyo was pretty terrible trash. "It's Tenchi, but instead of a teenager with a harem of girls of various ages, he's now a mid-twenties teacher who's gonna perv on his young students! woooo" Also as you would expect of Tenchi it doesn't seem to have anything to do with any of the other shows that you might have liked, because ????

Not sure about Inou Battle - it was definitely fun & new & entertaining but it was also kind of middling and aimless, like something that might just fizzle out and get boring after a few episodes. It's like halfway between a gag/slice of life show that just has funny stories, and a plot/character driven story. But it doesn't do either of those things well enough to drive it. Really pretty though.

I'm a fan so obviously I think Fate UBW, Yowamushi 2, and Log Horizon 2 are great.

Poke posted:

Who's subbing seven deadly sins?

chyuu. I'm hoping their sub is better because my god was that dopesub terrible, first time in years I've turned off a show while watching it because the subs were so rotten. At one point they just started subbing the actual japanese words on the screen with a translation note that you should just go look up what these words mean on google yourself.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Lie in April reminded me a bit of Kids/Apollo on the Slope, and that's high praise. Maybe even some shades of Honey & Clover. The world needs more Shonen romance series. (not counting trashy harem & VN series as "romance", at best they're more like melodrama i.e. Clannad)

• Locked thread