Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call extra lives in video games?
Lives (this is the correct answer)
Cances
Men
Other (specify below)
View Results

• Locked thread
Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
fates

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

We need to sort this out once and for all. Are you on your last life when you have :downs: X 1 or :downs: X 0?

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Lives represent Extras, so when you have no extra lives you have 0

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Rynex posted:

Lives, but now I'm calling them gokus

AGAHAHAHA LMFAOOOO!!!! golkus holy poo poo! :cawg: :cawg: cawg;

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

ok i read thru the thread and you already probated the other retards doing it so nvm

Northern_most
Mar 29, 2010

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

wait, so does GBS refer to 1ups/lives as gokus, or do they refer to everything as gokus? how far reaching is this :goku:meme:goku:?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i looked on the saclopedia for some kind of explanation to what this goku bullshit is all about and i dont understand it at all

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

VideoGames posted:

i looked on the saclopedia for some kind of explanation to what this goku bullshit is all about and i dont understand it at all

At some point, probably hearkening back to when we were all 13 year olds growing up with Kazaa and looking up pictures of SSJ Brolli and Goku and thinking DBZ was really awesome, it was funny to say Goku all the time.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

At some point, probably hearkening back to when we were all 13 year olds growing up with Kazaa and looking up pictures of SSJ Brolli and Goku and thinking DBZ was really awesome, it was funny to say Goku all the time.

its disrespectful to goku imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

YCS Poster: Goku did 9/11 and caused the Tsunami's in Japan.
Me: LOL! This is outrageous! LMAO!

• Locked thread