Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

nielsm posted:

Why are people saying she has Mysterious Anime Weakness Syndrome? To me it seemed more like collapsing from exhaustion after having run on pure adrenaline.

Because MAWS is to anime what Lupus is to House. Don't question it, just accept that it's a false diagnosis and the shockingly apparent symptom will come out in the last quarter of the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

Look if you really feel this is a problem in anime blogging perhaps we should start some kind of internet movement demanding ethics anime blog reviewing. Perhaps, we should call it #animgate?
Like hell the fedora-tipping bloggers are going to listen to that, I even doubt that the extent of GamerGate is getting through to people.
Just have it localised around these forums and call it #goongate so we can continue to sit back and laugh at their sperging atop our perch of objectively less-poo poo taste in Asian cartoons.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I'm fully expecting next episode to be a flashback episode for blonde spiky dude, followed by his performance. Maybe even the same for the other rival, at most. No more than that though, I can almost guarantee it.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

OneDeadman posted:

There's a bit more flashbacks on their way.

Next episode will probably begin with spiky dude's performance and end with the Arima stepping up to the piano. I honestly might be overestimating the time it will take to get through the two rivals though. So, :shrug:
I take it you're read up on the manga?
If so, called it!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Dan7el posted:

I think it's pretty clear that Kaori will die. Somehow, this event will make Kousei a better musician. His mother's death moved him from B2 to B4. Now, Kaori's death will move him from B4 to B8. Queen me. Check mate. Off into the sunset goes our new master musician. It's sad the deaths he's suffered, but his music is wonderful because of it.....

Or something like that.

The only question I have is whether or not he gets Tsubaki. They were childhood friends, after all. By all laws anime and such, they should end up together. That's the real suspense here.
She's not tsundere, she's got no chance :smith:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

OneDeadman posted:

Everybody knows that since Kaori is gonna die, the One true kousei waifu will step up.

It's emi
I for one, accept Charlie Brown as the new non-terminal love interest

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Scrub scrub~
Kid Tsubaki is adorkable

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

aers posted:

Life goes on
Kaori's won't, by the looks of things :v:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Because the show wasn't hitting the obligatory loli quota in the first half.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

linall posted:

What? It says current episode spoilers right on it. I haven't read the manga. I'm just assuming the show wouldn't build this up so well and then pull back on the execution.
Uh... I'm pretty sure that :siren: manga spoilers :siren: Kaori dying wasn't featured in the anime yet, so yes it really is a manga spoiler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

Shut up, Tsubaki is great and has many wonderful qualities:

• Makes cute noises
  • Powerful kicks
  • Not dead

• Locked thread