Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

I picked up a GSI Gundam Marker Airbrush set yesterday and I have to say I'm really impressed. I've found that a lot of the gundam markers have legitimately nice pigments but obviously getting a nice even finish with them can be challenging. The whole concept of this thing is a bit funny to me but if it works it works. It's a little finicky, having to readjust the marker frequently but I think in terms of total time spent in the process its probably a similar consumption of time versus all of the cleaning involved in a traditional airbrush? Being able to switch between colors so quickly is nice too. It uses compressed air cans but I assume you could fit it to a traditional compressor easily enough. But the portability and wirelessness (other than the hose) is neat too. I tried several colors and types and they all came out really well. The metallic blue and red were so bright and glossy that they're kind of blown out in the image. I also want to try getting funky with it and try mixing some paints of my own at some point and then refilling one of the markers with it. I would recommend anyone who has built up a stash of markers to give it a try.

I do wonder how they will look with top coats, but funny enough there is a both a Gundam Marker gloss clear and matte clear so I might grab those. Will probably try out premium Mr Top Coat flat and gloss tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

where and how many large sacks of money with dollar signs printed on the side do i have to drop off to get a kit made of the zio matrix corporate issue ac from ac2

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

thinking of using limonene based cement for abs/styrene joins.

Google what do you think?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Fuckin sweet, I'm stealing this pose

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I just want a G-Self kit where the glowing parts are done with transparent plastic instead of loving stickers. MG, RG, I don’t care, I just want a good G-Self kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

where and how many large sacks of money with dollar signs printed on the side do i have to drop off to get a kit made of the zio matrix corporate issue ac from ac2

Seriously though. It got a crappy action figure around when the game came out but it's one of the coolest designs in the series and NEEDS a proper high detail model