Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FireWorksWell posted:

I wonder if we'll see Chisaki come back into play or if they just gave him a strange little cameo during the Nagant fight.

Eri will rewind him out of existence and drop a sick one liner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Eri will rewind him out of existence and drop a sick one liner

Will she be wearing sunglasses?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Mymla posted:

Will she be wearing sunglasses?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

syntaxfunction posted:

This would be even stupider than what we thought please let it happen.

Eri is clearly the "get out of writing jail free" card if so, so hell, we still might get healthy All Might after all jfc lol

So, Eri. She fixed lemillion right? So she can reverse quirk factors. So what happens if she reverses allmight to a point where he still had his powers at peak strength. Then reversed deku like two hours so he still had all his powers.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Eri should have been carrying her sword.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nuebot posted:

So, Eri. She fixed lemillion right? So she can reverse quirk factors. So what happens if she reverses allmight to a point where he still had his powers at peak strength. Then reversed deku like two hours so he still had all his powers.

It's not clear if Eri can do that, since for Deku and All Might the quirks aren't actually part of who they are. When All For One was rewound his quirk ghosts weren't actually rewinding in time with him.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Tha k you including the dreamwork face

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

The plot is increasingly impossible to follow half the time, but I'm confused. I thought AfO's rewind quirk WAS Eri's? Was it just a different regeneration quirk or something?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neito posted:

The plot is increasingly impossible to follow half the time, but I'm confused. I thought AfO's rewind quirk WAS Eri's? Was it just a different regeneration quirk or something?

It is. They reverse-engineered the rewind quirk from Overhaul's anti-Quirk stuff. It wasn't a quirk AfO had, it was basically a suped-up version of the anti-quirk bullets, which is why it was so lovely.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Neito posted:

He got it reproduced synthetically from a bullet by the mad doctor. Not gonna spoiler something from quite a while ago, I don't think it's necessary.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7683/my-hero-academia-chapter-416?date=8-3-2024-12

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

man I do not care at all about these randoms and seeing the brief glimpse of kaminari really makes me wish we were spending all this time on deku's actual supporting cast and not fifteen iterations of The Person Who Said A Slightly Mean Thing About Him 100 Chapters Ago But Now Totally Gets It

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I miss Gloop Warp

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

I want to know more about the dog person that’s wearing the “CAT” shirt.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

No mention or sight of Toga during that Uraraka scene. She's probably not dead then? They probably would have shown the body if she was, right?

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Rhonne posted:

No mention or sight of Toga during that Uraraka scene. She's probably not dead then? They probably would have shown the body if she was, right?

that was Toga :tinfoil:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Nonexistence posted:

That would be even better lol

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
what was the point of that eri cliffhanger lol. she clearly had no way to get to deku and if she did she'd be instantly disintegrated

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"What was the point of (cliffhanger that didn't go anywhere)?" is a question I've been asking a lot ever since the final arc started. Remember the zoom-in on the Invisible Girl being the traitor?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Not really tbh

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

"What was the point of (cliffhanger that didn't go anywhere)?" is a question I've been asking a lot ever since the final arc started. Remember the zoom-in on the Invisible Girl being the traitor?

You mean the fake-out that was solved literally the next chapter?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Nonexistence posted:

that was actually my first thought, but also i'm checked out enough from this series I literally don't remember how Uraka ended that fight

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

RatHat posted:

You mean the fake-out that was solved literally the next chapter?

Yes. By bringing up a completely different character unrelated to the cliffhanger beyond Invisible Girl just happening to be in the background.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Nuebot posted:

that was actually my first thought, but also i'm checked out enough from this series I literally don't remember how Uraka ended that fight

She got stabbed in the gut and was going to bleed out until Toga started giving her a blood transfusion while curled up next to her, implying that she would give up her life for Uraraka. The fact that we didn't see her in this chapter does lead to the idea that either Toga managed to get away between chapters or this is secretly Toga while the real Uraraka goes off to help Deku or something.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-416/chapter/41944?action=read
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1020081

Cliffhanger talk: I've always said that most manga should be 2 a month at 20 something pages, instead of weekly at 15ish. Even if we net less pages per month, there would be better pacing and just as much content, since we wouldn't waste the first and last pages of chapter with nothing-burger cliffhangers.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think this is pretty cool actually. I'm more invested in this than in another big fight going on at the moment.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Rhonne posted:

She got stabbed in the gut and was going to bleed out until Toga started giving her a blood transfusion while curled up next to her, implying that she would give up her life for Uraraka. The fact that we didn't see her in this chapter does lead to the idea that either Toga managed to get away between chapters or this is secretly Toga while the real Uraraka goes off to help Deku or something.

Or Toga has gone off to steal Deku's kill. Grabs some of Shiggy's blood and dusts him right as he's on the cusp of redemption.

And thats the story of how Stab Girl became the greatest hero.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I think this is pretty cool actually. I'm more invested in this than in another big fight going on at the moment.

Yeah it was. It complements the last chapter where we saw Deku's memories of his friends. Now we kind of get to see it from the other side.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Nephthys posted:

Or Toga has gone off to steal Deku's kill. Grabs some of Shiggy's blood and dusts him right as he's on the cusp of redemption.

And thats the story of how Stab Girl became the greatest hero.

She already is.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I think it’d be funny if Kaminari is only having doubts because he’s still in dumbass mode, and in a few minutes he’ll be like “Oh hell yeah, go Midoriya!!!”

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

https://tcb.abhayaby.com/chapters/7692/my-hero-academia-chapter-417

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
The greatest villain in any manga: a truck.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Moments away from the My Hero Academia Isekai spinoff.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

SpacePig posted:

The greatest villain in any manga: a truck.

:hmmyes:

Deku just survived his the most dangerous and lethal encounter, everything else should be just a child-play.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

myheroacademia.png

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
well. that was a weird lesson for seventh to learn.

the trippy mindscape stuff was pretty cool, but i find it funny that redestro gotta cameo when he and deku never met

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

Redestro’s nose turning into Overhaul was pretty funny.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

The Awesomesaurus posted:

Redestro’s nose turning into Overhaul was pretty funny.

shigaraki realizing what thehan mentioned and half-pivoting is going to be my personal canon

stuker fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Mar 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Between "The Origin of Decay" and the center of Kotaro's hand glowing in a ring like that...