Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the severed arm was pretty morbid, and a bit further than I was expecting this to go. wonder if it actually is one of the kids' arms or if there's something more to it, like maybe one of their quirks is regeneration/it's a prop/it's something that villain set up to unnerve them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fabricated posted:

I will actually be kinda annoyed if this is true.

I just don't expect any of the kids to suffer that kind of permanent injury. if they did, I would think it'd be immediately rectified like when gon's arm blew up in hxh. could be wrong but idk man

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

chumbler posted:

Going all Sasuke with Bakugou would be The Worst Thing. What would be interesting I think is if they capture him, he proves that to be a big mistake, and the cops tell him to keep hushed up about wrecking a villain base. I am sure he would react very differently than Deku and the others did to that.

making a character into sasuke is always the worst thing, but I dunno that bakugo is gonna end up like that. hell, even if he does turn into a villain for deku to redeem, bakugo already has some of sasuke's big problems dealt with. he and deku have a preeestablished history and reason to think the way they do about one another, for example. it's not as though they barely knew each other until the story began, then became bffs for life within the span of a month like in naruto

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

It kelpie helped.

that joke felt a little horsed

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Wild Horses posted:

I'm gonna be sad if next part of the story is : "find the legendary healing quirk for deck"

he'll probably just be out of commission for a while and they'll focus on side characters/bakugou and the villain alliance.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the only one of the top heroes that might die is all might

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Stallion Cabana posted:

was it pointed out that Best Jeanist was the #4 hero when he first showed up? It's really cool that he is but I think this is the first time it's been mentioned.

Also interesting that the #3 didn't show up.

yea him being #4 was already established a while ago

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I kinda felt the same way, but you can also assume that she's mad he didn't go rest after meeting up with a teacher. you can't fault him for hurting himself against a villain that was gonna kill him and kouta, but he did keep going for a while after that when he could have stopped

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lamebot posted:

Give him a steel bat.

so you're saying this is the backstory to onepunchman

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

I wonder if there's a guy out there whose quirk is simply just invinciblity? Whatever happens to him, he's totally okay!!

it'd be the plot of that bruce willis move unbreakable

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Amstrad posted:

Ask Batman.

Edit: I'd love to see a quirkless hero show up in a later chapter.

batman and iron man have the same answer: be incredibly rich

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mr. Fowl posted:

I figure if/when All-Might dies, it won't be to a villain. He debuted rescuing dozens of people from a disaster--I think he'll die the same way, saving innocent people. Maybe your classic situation where the villain puts a bunch of people in danger in order to get away.

it'll probably be because his power runs out, as has been a running theme throughout the whole manga thus far. dude has a time limit

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Gyges posted:

Taking someone's quirk seems to really gently caress them up. Ragdoll is drat near a vegetable. Giving people quirks didn't seem to be a walk in the park either judging by the flashback to the first recipient of One for All. I believe All Might even said that not everyone can even handle having a quirk given to them.

All for One and the One for All line of succession seem to be about the only people who can take a new quirk with little impact on themselves.

I wouldn't say that deku constantly breaking all of his bones counts as little impact

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I don't think it's different. the full cowl is just him using one for all on his entire body; it has a name for deku because of course it would. the different look is just to let you, the reader, know it's in effect. all might wouldn't need that since he just beefs up

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ochako, as portrayed by steve blum

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

chumbler posted:

I'm sure he'd knock it out of the park.

but enough about the live action adaption

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

all for one is gonna survive but all might is questionable

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd be fine with a time skip tbh

Mordaedil posted:

Yeah, I'd like to see Dragonball type skips for this shows.

I think my main problem with the Naruto timeskip was that he didn't really grow at all during the timeskip. It was like he was frozen in ice and dethawed with the same personality. In good shows the characters actually grow. And then we have Star Wars, Episode 2. *sigh*

yea naruto makes zero progress and basically just does the same stuff he always did so there's no point to the skip at all

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's kinda funny since it reads like the doctor is just being an rear end in a top hat and telling baby deku he has no personality

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

all might's a cool guy

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Radish posted:

All Might thinking he still has stuff to teach Deku feels like it's giving him some plot armor, at least in terms of him dying. It looks like he's done with the active hero thing after this though. AfO underestimating him (and also revealing he know's Deku's identity as the next OfA user) might mean he gets done in on the other hand.

there is absolutely no way that the big bad is going down here. atm I think the most likely outcome is afo retreating to lick his wounds while all might gets hospitalized. this gives both sides time to prepare and reflect

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

all might will be all right

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kegslayer posted:

Given how involved and physically present Endeavour was with his son's life, I'm pretty sure he qualifies as father of the year :v:

frog dad is dad of the year actually

even if it weren't by default as he and endeavor are the only two we've actually seen iirc

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

KittyEmpress posted:

Magneto is jewish, he later had a kid with a Roma woman, who gave birth to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Except then Scarlet Witch got so mad at magneto that she warped reality so now they're not actually his kids anymore.

she was upset that sony had the movie rights to her dad but marvel had the rights to her and her brother

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

if that were true there wouldn't still be tons of x-books coming out. they are trying to push inhumans pretty hard despite no one in the world caring about them, but there are what, 3 different x-men teams (each with their own comic) and two different wolverine solo titles still? also one of the three avenger teams has a bunch of mutants on it, and another is employed by a mutant.

what's happening is that the xmen that fox owns are getting downplayed or killed off. the rest hosed off to limbo because the thing that makes inhumans also sterilized all the mutants and can kill them if they come into direct contact with it. about wolverine specifically? he's dead. he got replaced by x-23 as wolverine. the other thing is old man logan, who is from the future because comic books. the scarlet witch and quicksilver not being magneto's kids anymore is also because they are/were avengers and need they want the tie-in to the movies without confusing people that started reading because they liked the avengers 2/captain america 3. obviously marvel wouldn't just drop the characters entirely

basically what I'm saying is that toad is my favorite my hero academia character

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

LostRook posted:

Now we're getting personal. Hurray.

How much longer until the new chapter?

isn't it usually up on thursday

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Goddammit, now I don't even know what to believe about the Thor comic aside from people freaking the gently caress out about a woman being Thor despite it happening before and also Frog Thor being a thing as well.

wait until you hear about labrathor, retriever of mjolnir

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

chumbler posted:

Isn't Cyclops evil now and his eye lasers can travel through time or something? I mean they had to do something to make him vaguely interesting I guess, but yeah, comic books.

cyclops is dead and replaced by himself from the past. but yes he was evil and died as a terrorist or something

comic books

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

Don't forget frog dad.

this is frog fractions 2

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I bet frog dad could beat bakudad

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Blackmist has to be familiar with an area in order to gate there. He's never been inside UA.

didn't he teleport the group of villains into that indoor testing area thing a while back

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it was me

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I honestly never got that impression of all might

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mineta's kind of lame

I like his useless power tho

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

chumbler posted:

His power is actually extremely useful and arguably one of the strongest, just difficult to utilize.

sticky hairballs are extremely useful? I'm not seeing it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

since when were his balls indestructible . why wouldn't the edged/piointed thing just go through the ball

sticky balls can lead to some inventive fights for sure but c'mon

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

but if it were sharp, the edge would just go through the ball

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tollymain posted:

mineta will not master the orbs until he embraces tranquility

mineta only has discord orbs

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's a bold stance but, hell, I agree