Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Mraagvpeine posted:

I wonder what music is fitting for All For One's end. I'm leaning towards "Time to Say Goodbye".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJPMesAnsU8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think Beserk and MHA are far different stories with such significantly different ideas and themes being explored through their main vilains and their relationship with the protagonists that any attempt to genuinely compare them would be a massive disservice to both (particularly Beserk because y'know it's a lot better at actually landing what it's going for).

You're right, Griffith has much more compelling motivations and a full and non-lethal redemption would be a lot more interesting.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I checked out the GBF wiki and Toga's plot after whatever the event is about is that she sneaks in the ship for food with Twice, they get caught and claim they're looking for someone so they join like everyone in GBF. She ends up finding a monster being bullied, kills the other monsters and also defends it from poachers because she feels kinship from him being different. Before she kills them the MC swoops in with the party to knock out the guys and Toga is confused why are they helping the monster she helped despite being weird and different, and realizes this world is different and the protagonist is kind.

She then decides she will kill the protag and also unlocks the skill that lets her take his blood to transform. The end.

Still better than whatever they've done with her this final arc.

You mean gaslit into suicide while on the cusp of victory?

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Endorph posted:

extrajudicial executions of minors are badass - said leftishly

hes 21, old enough to fry for his mass-murdering ways imo

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Nephthys posted:

I do wonder what a rewrite would look like if you removed All for One entirely from the finale. So Shigaraki just stumbles away after the war without AfO bodyjacking him, probably still goes and busts up the prison but kills AfO instead of releasing him to cement himself as the final villain. Then I guess the finale happens like it did except without anyone fighting AfO. You could just have more of the MLA get away so Endeavor is fighting Re-Destro etc. We miss out on the All Might fight which sucks but maybe the finale being more succinct would be better and focusing more on the League and MLA would have been more interesting to me tbh.

It would be much harder to write Deku saving Shigaraki as a plot point, maybe have a mini-arc about Deku trying to figure out his backstory or still have him jump into his soul to save him and ghost AfO is just metaphorical for his trauma.

Without AFO, S&S would've killed Shigaraki in ways that are illegal in Japan, which would've been a wildly unorthodox ending to the series and considering all that came afterwards, probably for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

TheHan posted:

speaking of it's funny to imagine the united states getting involved and that ever being a good thing. another influence from superhero comics i guess

tbf they sent star and she immediately deployed nuclear weapons