Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Roland Jones posted:

Mineta x A restraining order

Same man, same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Stain doesn't hate 'true heroes ' like All Might he just hates what he sees as pretenders, people who are just doing it for the fame and fortune or petty ideals of being the best. He hates villains worse than that because they're the thing all heroes fight against. Stain's not going to be buddy buddy with AFO unless AFO can turn Stain's worldview around.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

Uraraka is clearly a card carrying member of the Tank Top crew.

Tank Top Infinity

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

GRIMDARK FANFICTION aside I hate how much sense this theory makes.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Terper posted:

Haha just kidding

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

dazoner posted:

"Pretty bad" One Piece is still superior to almost everything else.

It's really not.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Piriwi posted:

True signs of a twisted, evil person. I bet Kaminari plays D&D too.

The two strongest clues are both not actually in the manga itself: the sketch of his first design (a villainous character) and the Jekyll/Hyde face.

And the whole sleep over during the second invasion. He's one of the unaccounted for dudes right before the villains attack.

Also dudes straight up said he thought Stain was kinda cool.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

GimmickMan posted:

The only author I know that took note of fan theories to try and surprise even the most obsessive members of the audience was Andrew Hussie of Homestuck fame and it, uh, let's say it didn't go very well.

Conspiracy theories being right is fine. The way the twists happen is a lot more important than the twists themselves.

Also foreshadowing is a cool and good thing for a writer to do properly. A good twist/reveal being figured out/spoiled doesn't ruin a story, it just lets you see how the writer is setting thing sup and leaving little clues here and there.

If knowing a twist renders a whole story boring/pointless then the story was kind of leaning on a twist instead of writing a decent narrative.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The Sandman posted:

Yeah, it took me a moment to realize it. I'm trying hard not to think about how he would use it in combat, because there's really no pleasant answer to that question.

It's just one of those mine attacher whips from gundam but instead of hitting you with a mine and sticking it there is attaches a sticky ball.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rangpur posted:

Possibilities for Tsuyu's new, more frog-like special move:
  • Puking up her guts, and stuffing them back inside to paralyze her opponent with disgust
  • Shooting baby frogs out of grotesquely swollen skin folds in her back to paralyze her opponent with disgust
  • Eating a mouthful of bugs right in front of her opponent, to paralyze them with disgust
  • frogs and toads are super gross you guys
Personally I'd like the exam to be seemingly straightforward, but actually very difficult to coordinate in practice. Save the passengers on a sinking ship, or burning building; foiling a bank heist with hostages; save the widows and orphans picnic from Terminator inflitration... Kinda like the early exam with the fake nuke but way, way more complicated. Bakugou and Todoroki would both be at a serious disadvantage in any situation where preserving noncombatants is the priority.

She uses her poison glands to emulate the poison dart frogs.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Reasons Uraraka is worst girl in Shonen, By Zen Master Bullshit
  • Funny
  • Nice to people
  • Excitable
  • Interesting Powers
  • Happy too much
  • Likes Main Character
  • Is a girl
Reasons Bakugou is best girl in Shonen, By Zen Master Bullshit
  • Rude
  • Angry
  • Hates Protagonist
  • Scowls all the time like Billy Idol
  • Shouts
  • Is a boy

Thank you for reading my essay.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The best thing about Grape-boy is that he's all talk.

Remember when he fought Midnight? She was also doing the creepy pervert thing and he could not handle it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

"You all were taught at the best school by the best heroes with the best resources. You have fought against real bad guys that tried to straight up murder you.Villains are going to continue to come after you class 1-A so if you don't get your license you will not be able to really defend yourselves."

*In an edgy teenager voice* "Why are they all doing well in the first test?"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's quite boring to spend half the chapter in a will they or won't they when won't they is clearly not a valid or possible outcome. Hopefully the next test breaks convention somewhat

I disagree I thought it was quite rad because the how of them passing was both fun and cool AND it also gave us insights into the character development of more focused characters' development and the growth and personal struggles of some of the cast that have not had too much screen time for personal stories yet.

Seeing Electric boy overcome the struggle with his powers, seeing how everyone actually knows each other and trusts each other enough to work together, to the point that even prideful Bakugou was willing to let himself be captured because he trusted Electric Traitor to keep up with his plan and same him with it were all really well done. having someone lose here in the first round would actually kind of kill all the narrative momentum the plot has been building since the Exams, even ignoring my earlier point of having someone lose now is effectively writing them out of the plot at large given the circumstances surrounding class 1-A and A41's super villain crew. This is the culmination of the casts training and growing up and developed bonds so far. The entire point of the Baku rescue arc and summer training was about them seeing how bad poo poo can be and having to grow up together to be real heroes and face what's coming. The previous chapters leading into this test were all about the cast seriously meeditating on how to overcome their own personal flaws and this first part of the test is about them showing the maturity to work together. It's why there's so much Deku/Baku/Iida showcasing how much they know about their teammates. It's all been done really well and is kind of nice to see how far they've come in so little time.

Conversely, after all that build up and danger and drama for someone to go out here in the first round would have been the biggest wettest fart to end all the growing plot threads so far. It'd just be stupid and run completely counter to everything that had happened so far.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

Idk, it's not like they still don't have three more years of hero school with the guys who pass

But they couldn't use their powers in public when (and not if) the villains that have attacked them multiple times come back. It sure would be great writing if you went from a story moving towards a team of heroes working together to inspire people got cut abruptly down to the Protag and his rivalfriend.

Hell, it was good enough writing that Digimon Frontier decided to do it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Pledging to all goons to name their female trainer Uraraka upon Sun/Moon's release.

I mean that's the Ace Trainer design so you'd be stealing her name from her.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The Toga as Deku plot is just gonna go down the Star Driver path where Uraraka realizes basically immediately and goes super hardcore over it.

Wako pulling that knife on possessed Takuto was basically the best moment of that show.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Nov 2, 2016

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

resurgam40 posted:

Heck, Stain could be argued to still be a hero in an ideological sense, if a zealot, and I doubt all these villains embracing evil is really what he wanted to inspire with his actions. I suppose it will have to depend on how he handles aqll these people turning to villainy because of their "hero."

Yeah honestly Stains such a weirdly core character to the villain movement that I really feel like we need to see more of him. He's probably not too happy about All for One and the villains uniting and I want to see how he reacts to the news about All might.

Luckily he's rooming in the same prison as All for One so we might get to see All might meet with him for a bit.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Gyges posted:

The restrictions on the use of quirks seems to be a double edged sword. Yes, you can't just have people X-Mening all over society willy-nilly. However, the restrictions do make it tough for kids with odder or more esoteric quirks to really develop their powers. As a result, people's powers have a greater impact on their personalities than their personalities have on how they use their quirks.

Especially since the only people that society "deals" with are those who either use their quirks for heroics or those who try and break the law with their quirks. There's probably very little support for someone who has x-ray vision but doesn't want to be a doctor or work in another field where such a quirk would be allowed. Which in turns pushes kids towards quirk appropriate fields via the uncaring force of societal bias.

Twice had a duplicating quirk, but since using it to duplicate yourself is outside the bounds of societal norms, there was no support for him to deal with the results. Hell, considering how everyone gets differing strengths and levels of versatility in their genetic quirk, it's possible that Twice is the first one in a long while or ever to be able to fully duplicate himself. Everyone else with a duplication quirk might have only been able to make a Simulacrum instead of a Duplicate, which meant that they never had an existential crisis made physical.

Toga is similar. She probably has generic mimicry powers and only discovered the power of someone's blood by accident. Maybe she was in an accident with someone, or got into a fight and as a result ingested some of their blood. Maybe she had a younger sibling who got hurt and she kissed the boo-boo to make it all better. Whatever way she found out, there's very little likelihood she wasn't either initially or permanently shunned by others when she first manifested the power. Which would drive her down a more villainous path. Especially when she found out how Stain's powers worked and what he did.

With Deku and All Might being the only people we've seen to gain power after their personality was fully formed, it's interesting to see how they shape their power as opposed to how others are shaped by their power.

This makes me wonder if we're ever going to get to see a third 'faction' of people rise up from this era of uncertainty. People dissatisfied with the world they live in limiting what they could naturally do. Similar to the villains where they're at odds with the government/society that forced them to conceal or limit their own natural talents but not as unhinged as most of the villain groups seem to be. It's a really interesting plot and a cool take on the genre being set up here where the villains/antagonists are all people either hosed up by their powers because the systems in place couldn't help or people that see the flaws inherent to the current age of heroes and government oversight and are suffocating under those restraints but it seems a little unbalanced to have all the people in the latter category to all be dangerous monster people who murder and meld people to tires. I guess the Vigilantes manga could fill this role but that's not written by the same author and isn't part of the main story which is where that kind of thing needs to be.

What I guess I'm asking is where's the not completely crazy era Magneto for this setting?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Wild Horses posted:

Twice is eyeing some dudes that fit your description to be honest. We'll see where the story takes us and im excited as hell

I don't know about that. They're dressed as plague doctors and talking about how everywhere they look everyone is sick.

They seem kind of just a different flavor of crazy evil than the VA is.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rhonne posted:

If Bakugou is the Vegeta, that means he's going to end up marrying someone unexpected, like Ochako, and be a great dad.

It's gonna be the Class VP and you know it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

personally when im invested in a story i talk about the story, instead of other, totally unrelated stories

I think it's really dumb and pedantic (Read: endorph) of you to both miss the point and then get all :goonsay: about how people are talking about a thing they like.

But hey, that's just me.

I think this is gonna be a fun fight that'll probably end in a draw which will make Bakugo both happier and angrier.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

This. Looks like we may have been giving Bakugou too little credit.

No no no, you gave him too little credit.

I always knew that he was best boy.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ChronoReverse posted:

Besides, prediction isn't as amazing as movies, anime and manga like to make it out to be,

Yes please tell me how this enhanced super power version of a vague concept works in the real world instead of these super hero comics because this is definitely not a thread for a super hero comics.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

*Rifftrax voice* Tsunrebro.

:golfclap:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

All Might is so iconic in their world that surely she must have been significant in her own time too.

I'm not sure about that. All Might's status as The Pillar of the world is something he made himself. A goal that was unique to him and part of the reason his master supported him like she did. She was probably a well known hero but no one was Significant like All Might made himself, which is why this whole plot is happening.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Vengarr posted:

Superman is awesome when he stops acting like Superman.

Kingdom Come, Red Son, and Injustice are all real good Superman stories.

Nah Superman is awesome when he's just Clark Kent: Massive Boyscout. Like All Might.

Kild posted:

Who is the girl with the mask under Bakugou in the cover page?

Yaoi Hands, the hero.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Ruggington posted:

dragon ball had like 5 time skips

I liked the one where the first fight after the time skip was goku beating up his soon to be wife.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

BBB was the loving best and I pray one day we'll get to see a season 2 so I can get more Zed/Zapp goofers. And more of me crying at dumb anime.

Leo is such a sweet boy.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

If Midnight can be a hero Grapeboy can. They're the same character, ones just a sexy lady.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Beasteh posted:

A sexy lady who can incapacitate people with sleeping gas as opposed to a horrendous pervert who throws sticky hair blobs and cries/runs away a lot

She's a big ol creepy and it's played more as okay for a hero cause she's a sexy lady and people drool over her. Grapeboy gets treated as a creeper cause he's a tiny ugly teenage boy. The joke in the exam fight is she's exactly like him but he can't handle what he usually dishes out.

What I'm saying is Grapeboy is more of a hero than most of class 1-A will ever be.

Same goes for American BDSM Pony Girl.

Hunt11 posted:

The whole point of that exercise was that the teachers represented villains and some got into the part more then others. The closest we have seen to anything unbecoming of a teach was her gushing over the formation of the manly friendship during the sports festival.

"She was only pretending to be a creeper!" isn't exactly a smart or accurate reading when all the other teachers were being themselves just antagonistic to the students. All Might was still All Might, Eraserhead was still cold analytical and thorough, etc. They weren't putting on fake personalities to be villainous she's just a pervert. Her title is The 18+ Heroine, she's a creeper. That's Her whole Shtick.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 3, 2017

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

Also Midnight has yet to actually sexually assault anyone, particularly a teenager, or even express intent to do so.

Whipping teenage boys while Full on turtle.fish.paint crazy face about how it makes her sadism boner get big is pretty explicit man.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Vegeta runs into an old rival in Frieza's army who is significantly stronger than him, until Vegeta gets stronger again, comes back, and kicks his rear end.

Am I talking about Zarbon, Dodoria, or Jeice, or the purple guy who's so unimportant that I don't even remember his name?

Zarbon. He killed Dodoria and Cui on his first scraps with them. Jeice he didn't fight until the whole Ginyu Goku situation, he ganked Time Toad and got wrecked by Recoome.

Read the manga.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 15, 2017

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Mr. Fowl posted:

Another possibility for why Uraraka got the better of Toga while she's giving Aizawa trouble here: She seems like the type to play with people, and might have underestimated Uraraka. Additionally, I'd be willing to bet her focus is the hit-and-run. In a straight one on one, Aizawa would win, but tired as he is and with the environment favoring Toga...Well, you see why they're in this spot.

Or it's a manga and levels of strength and skill are inconsistent, I dunno.

It's the former. She was all smiles and happy eyes with Uravity and Froppy, happy to chat and play. She gives Eraserhead the death glare here for interrupt her splooshing over Deku remembering her name.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

tbp posted:

the ball head guy is legitimately the worst. he adds nothing positive to the show. i hope when they have a moment where one of the kids needs to die for ppl to get more motivated or w/e its him bc i hate him.

Pictured: Me bouncing off your bad opinions

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Kanos posted:

He also forcibly stuck himself to Yaoyozoru's back during the obstacle course race so he could leech off her performance.

That makes him smart. Guy placed super well without having to use any of his own stamina.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Lady Mineta would be better because the boys in this anime are all cool and funny and Uraraka is the only good girl in class 1-A.

Replace Froppy with Yaoi Hands, IMO.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

I want Ochako to get really good at Kung-Fu

I don't know how she can combine that with her gravity powers to make a finisher though

Grab them with a throw, throw them up, then release.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Fabricated posted:

I'm not sure how Eri getting shot up with her own flesh and blood would harm her quirk, which is that her flesh and blood destroys quirks. I guess the finished bullets might do something depending on how they work but whatever quirk-destroying antibodies or whatever the hell it is she has I dunno if even a concentrated dose of it really makes a difference?

The bullets definitely don't do DAMAGE physically- but I could imagine Mirio not wanting her to get shot with ANYTHING could play into that.

She dampens quirks (See Suneater's getting shot). The quirk destroying bullets is a finished refined version of the serum that they just completed (hence the limited vials).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Honestly I'm not exactly sure how Mirio survived 5 minutes without his quirk. Like, all Overhaul has to do is shoot a bunch of spikes all around him; you can't exactly dodge that or continue moving around once you're surrounded by a forest of spikes. Or, heck, he could just form walls around him. I get they wanted to show how badass Mirio was for lasting so long quirkless, but 5 minutes is a downright absurdly long time.

But when I talked about him dominating, I was referring to before he had his quirk removed (which only happened due to a trick).

The first thing post losing his quirk he did was break Overhauls arm with one powerful punch. Chisaki is fighting one handed and it's shown his quirk takes a hell of a lot out of him to use and he was using a lot prior to Lemillion losing his quick. Overhaul also doesn't seem to be the most in shape guy compared to the Atlas that is Mirio.