Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

The cynic in me says "no" because then they can say "Oh it's fine our site is hot garbage! It'll come out on a good website the next day" and not have to make any changes IE spend time or effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://x.com/wikimon_net/status/1783696165042622822?s=46
https://x.com/wikimon_net/status/1783697266194198635?s=46

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Probably the coolest part of all that, the Liberator Impmon gets a brand-new evolution line clearly based on Guilmon's.
https://twitter.com/digimon_tcg/status/1783464976457564264

Impmon finally getting a proper evo line and it being based off Guilmon makes a weird amount of sense and is an insane deep cut reference too. Impmon was originally supposed to be the hero Digimon of Tamers and Konaka vetoed it in favour of Guilmon because he thought Impmon looked too much like a little punk to be a proper series lead and wanted a more child-friendly hero instead. Guilmon steals Impmon's starring role, so Impmon steals Guilmon's whole evolution line. It's like poetry.

23 years later and my boy's finally getting his due :allears:

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 26, 2024

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Impmon already has a proper evo line.

Impmon > Wizardmon > Baalmon > Beelzemon

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Impmon finally getting a proper evo line and it being based off Guilmon makes a weird amount of sense and is an insane deep cut reference too. Impmon was originally supposed to be the hero Digimon of Tamers and Konaka vetoed it in favour of Guilmon because he thought Impmon looked too much like a little punk to be a proper series lead and wanted a more child-friendly hero instead. Guilmon steals Impmon's starring role, so Impmon steals Guilmon's whole evolution line. It's like poetry.

23 years later and my boy's finally getting his due :allears:

Not only that but he’s gonna be the main Digimon of the Liberator novel as well (with a female Tamer no less)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

Impmon already has a proper evo line.

Impmon > Wizardmon > Baalmon > Beelzemon

Not to knock Wizardmon or Baalmon, but that line always felt like a gap-filling hand-me-down. Getting an original Champion and Ultimate form line feels like it's correcting a long-standing error in my mind.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Wizarmon is the only one that feels like gap filler. Baalmon was literally made for both Beelzebumons

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Wizardmon makes perfect sense in the Champion slot, imo

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

thetoughestbean posted:

Wizardmon makes perfect sense in the Champion slot, imo

The Impmon X line does a lot to make the line feel more coherent.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Keep in mind, I don't play the card game or any of the video games where it's like joker's wild on what can evolve into and from what, so for the last 25 years my mind has operated on show logic where a Champion form needs to be "bigger and buffer version of Rookie form" and nothing else :colbert: So PunkShitdramon or whatever the new Impmon champ is gonna be named just works for me.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 26, 2024

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

And, I mean, if we're sticking to the OGest of the OGs Impmon's earliest line was Impmon - Meramon - DeathMeramon - Beelzebumon. And I know people leaned in on using Boogiemon and Phelesmon as his level 4 and 5 when they came out. Meanwhile I always just went Impmon - Boogiemon - Neo Devimon - Beelzebumon.

As for Cernumon I love that this Digimon based on "The Horned God" went with a double meaning for its antlers. I also suspect it was created to help fill a hole in the roster, to wit it's specifically coming out for the Wind Guardians pendulum, is depicted as a Jogress of two Ultimate Digimon, and is coming out around the same time that the TCG is actually starting to lean in on using Digimon Fields as a mechanical thing. EX7 has shown off NSp/Nature Spirits as a supported type with the recently debuted Tlalocmon introduced in the Pendulum Color as a big Level 7 top-end Jogress Digimon, and I kind of think that Cernumon is being introduced to eventually play a similar role in the TCG. Notably Tlalocmon was the only newcomer from that wave of Pendulums, but the other two Pendulum Color V-Pets already had a big level 7 Jogress Digimon that fit with Nightmare Soldiers having Voltobautamon and Deep Savers using Aegisdramon and now that WG is coming out it's getting its own big Jogress level 7. The other two upcoming Pendulum Colors are Metal Empire and Virus Busters, so it will be interesting to see if one or both of them gets a new big Jogress or if they're just going to print another Omegamon. Even money as of now, but I will be interested in seeing more about the Pendulums and their rosters.

nine-gear crow posted:

Keep in mind, I don't play the card game or any of the video games where it's like joker's wild on what can evolve into and from what, so for the last 25 years my mind has operated on show logic where a Champion form needs to be "bigger and buffer version of Rookie form" and nothing else :colbert: So PunkShitdramon or whatever the new Impmon champ is gonna be named just works for me.

I mean Digimon has always had goofy evolutions, even in the first series you had the puppy dog Plotmon evolving into Tailmon which is a cat that's barely larger than it, and going slimy mollusk into goofy teddie bear is quite literally an OG evolution line. You couldn't get more classic Digimon than evolving poop into puppets if you tried.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
At this point you could make an entire DIM card out of Impmon's common line options.

Wizardmon, Meramon, Boogiemon, Devimon, and the new guy for Champion.

Baalmon, SkullMeramon, SkullSatamon, NeoDevimon, Phelesmon, LadyDevimon, and the new guy for Ultimate.

All to set up for Beelzemon, Blast Mode, 2010, BeelStarrmon, and his new final evo as Megas.

. . . I miss DIM cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I’d miss DIM cards more if evolution mostly just relied on how many squats you do, the app didn’t suck balls, and there wasn’t such a short evolution time limit.