Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

They did announce last year that a Ghost Game dub was in the works so maybe they’ll talk about that at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Digimon Con is never about big announcements.

The only reason we got so much info on Liberator was because it coincided with its release being upcoming

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Blaze Dragon posted:

We're celebrating the 25th anniversary of the anime with no anime news whatsoever. Amazing.

Lots of new manga though. Not only Liberator (which is also getting a companion novel), but also an anthology of manga including the winner of the Digimon Manga Awards and Yabuno Tenya (almost certainly Dreamers Part 2), starting on Summer. And a novel competition to follow the manga one.

All of it feels very low-budget. Bandai again giving zero funds to one of their most important franchises, yaaaay. Game side is completely dead, no anime news in their anniversary, but we sure are getting manga. Which I'm not complaining about, Dreamers was great, but it feels a bit underwhelming.

Oh, talking about manga, read Dreamers now. They're taking it down April 3rd. Why? Who the gently caress knows! Bad decisions are this franchise's bread and butter!

Oh poo poo, they are? Is it fully translated?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Bee posted:

It’s been officially translated since it started yes

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Bee posted:

Yes, the entirety of Part 1 was officially translated and the translations are actually good, unlike Seekers. You can read them here: https://digimon.net/digimondreamers/en/. Again, this will only last until April 3rd so I'd recommend reading it now! It's good!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://digimoncard.com/digimon_liberator/en/

Episode Zero, the preview chapter for Liberator, is up now.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Thanks for the heads up! Between Seekers being fully finished (is the translation finally good?) and all of Dreamers available, I've got a lot of catching up to do.

'Sides, it'd be hypocritical to be excited for all the new Digimon content on the horizon if I'm not enjoying all the stuff at my fingertips.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://x.com/ty_rannos/status/1766954636001362055?s=46
https://x.com/ty_rannos/status/1766954775000580219?s=46
https://x.com/ty_rannos/status/1766956179320647681?s=46
https://x.com/ty_rannos/status/1766956475522367695?s=46

May make this a regular thing. Anyone have any requests?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nodosaur posted:

https://digimoncard.com/digimon_liberator/en/

Episode Zero, the preview chapter for Liberator, is up now.

God I hope the comic isn't in this terrible format. This is horrendous to read. Just draw a normal manga.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

God I hope the comic isn't in this terrible format. This is horrendous to read. Just draw a normal manga.

It’s. It’s a webtoon. A really popular format.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nodosaur posted:

It’s. It’s a webtoon. A really popular format.

It's unreadable. Genuinely awful. Maybe it works well on phones but it was a pain to read on PC. Just draw it like a normal manga.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Yes, webtoons are specifically made to be read on phones. That’s. That’s what we should have been prepared for when we were told that this would be a vertically scrolling webcomic.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I wonder if vertical monitors will eventually become more popular to account for how much internet consumption and web development is intended for phone screens these days.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

The Bee posted:

I wonder if vertical monitors will eventually become more popular to account for how much internet consumption and web development is intended for phone screens these days.

Please don't bring that darkness into this world.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's unreadable. Genuinely awful. Maybe it works well on phones but it was a pain to read on PC. Just draw it like a normal manga.

I prefer traditional manga format too, but I wouldn't go so far as to call the format unreadable. I just think that the format probably doesn't allow for really cool two-page spreads, which is my favorite thing about the traditional format.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Webtoon format is going to rock you all when it starts having sound effects and music timed out to play and phase out as you hit certain parts of the story.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Nodosaur posted:

Yeah, but. Cool looking mysterious guy you expect to be the bad rear end mentor or mysterious player or something

And his partner is a loving joke Digimon

I mean it's really easy to say that Omekamon is an Omegamon X-Antibody in disguise or something.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Worth remembering that Omekamon is only an Adult stage Digimon, it'll likely evolve into something more impressive, though hopefully not into an actual Omegamon because that would be both obvious and kind of boring

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

King of Solomon posted:

I'm giving that dude the side eye. He looks like Cool Boy and is partnered with an X Antibody.

Mega side eye.

I was thinking about this. Liberator must happen in a world where Digimon is an existing multimedia franchise, as the DCG exists in-universe. What if this isn't Cool Boy, but a cosplayer? He's even partnered with Omekamon, a Digimon that cosplays as Omegamon.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Blaze Dragon posted:

I was thinking about this. Liberator must happen in a world where Digimon is an existing multimedia franchise, as the DCG exists in-universe. What if this isn't Cool Boy, but a cosplayer? He's even partnered with Omekamon, a Digimon that cosplays as Omegamon.

Pretty Neat Guy.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Going to my first Digimon regional this weekend, and if anything my goal is to be officially recognised as the best Etemon player in the country.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Redezga posted:

Going to my first Digimon regional this weekend, and if anything my goal is to be officially recognised as the best Etemon player in the country.

Godspeed!

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

The sad news is I didn't end up being the best Etemon player in the Oceania region, the good news is I was also not the worst Etemon player in the Oceania region.

The actual cool news though was the guy who won the Oceania regional as the only undefeated player all day plays at my very casual oriented LGS every week to the point his team is named after the owner, so now we get to bask in the glory of janking in the LGS of Digimon champions every week (another regular from my weekly local also got top 16).

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Well done all around! What did the winner play?

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

thetoughestbean posted:

Well done all around! What did the winner play?

This is decklist that was submitted to Best Coast Pairings. He must have really been working on that one quietly because I don't remember ever seeing him play it at the locals. Then again my local is fairly casual friendly so it may have just been he didn't really want to be metadecking against someone trying to make an Ogremon deck work, lol.

// Digimon Deck List
1 Mihiramon BT13-053
2 Gennai BT14-088
2 Analog Youth EX1-066
4 Mother D-Reaper EX2-007
4 Antylamon EX4-029
2 Indramon EX5-009
2 Sandiramon EX5-010
1 Pajiramon EX5-011
2 Zhuqiaomon EX5-013
1 Majiramon EX5-021
4 Azulongmon EX5-024
1 Vajramon EX5-037
1 Vikaralamon EX5-038
1 Kumbhiramon EX5-040
2 Ebonwumon EX5-041
4 Sinduramon EX5-050
4 Caturamon EX5-051
2 Makuramon EX5-052
3 Baihumon EX5-053
4 Loyalty Deeper than the Sea EX5-071
3 Holy Beasts Great Cardinal Positions EX5-072
4 Fanglongmon EX5-074

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I approve on principle of anyone running deva.dec

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Leraika posted:

I approve on principle of anyone running deva.dec

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

As a person who has Devas/4 Gods as a deck in rotation that I play I have to say 3 Baihumon? That's a really interesting choice. Gennai is also an interesting choice here.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Yeah, I can't imagine actually playing Baihumon at this point.

I'm seeing people slot in Megagargo ACE

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
It converted, so it can't be that bad.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, I can't imagine actually playing Baihumon at this point.

I'm seeing people slot in Megagargo ACE

It just dawned on me that I had actually played against that deck once before because it completely steamrolled me. He used it in the recent Oceania Ultimate Cup and got third place, as well as playing it at the World Championships. Some of the better players at my local also recently started a youtube channel for deck profiles and stuff and it's nothing fancy in terms of editing or anything but they did do a deck profile of the Ultimate Cup version of the deck where he talks about his reasoning for Baihumon at the 9:30 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Y7Mv-RH-s

Super friendly guy as well. He was very forthcoming when I was getting into the game about deck building advice and helping source cards. He also runs a store meta tracking page which has a fun little leaderboard and other little tidbits like what decks perform well.

Redezga fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Mar 26, 2024

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So I’m thinking of doing a total Digimon rewatch. Every series and movie. Would anyone be interested in hearing my thoughts as I go through it?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nodosaur posted:

So I’m thinking of doing a total Digimon rewatch. Every series and movie. Would anyone be interested in hearing my thoughts as I go through it?

Yeah, sure. It's always interesting to revisit old series and having a different take on them. That said, that'll be a long journey, hope you're prepared.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Yeah the amount of time it’d take is the only thing making me nervous about doing it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I don’t envy you having to sit through Young Hunters, DALEK (or Tri to a very lesser extent), or Colon again but good luck anyway

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I like some of those things, soooo

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

I like some of those things, soooo

Ah, all the better for you then

While we’re on the subject though, which of the ones I mentioned do you like and why out of curiosity?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 27, 2024

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I’m pretty mello on Tri. and Hunters, and I liked the dub of the Adventure reboot

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Huh, I only ever watched the original. Does the dub make Colon any better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Larryb posted:

Huh, I only ever watched the original. Does the dub make Colon any better?

The dialogue is less dry than Crunchy’s subs, at least. Makes the characters feel less interchangeable