Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
That officer was probably microseconds away from need a new pair of pants when he realised that he wasn't about to be force-choked; Vader was just trolling him.

I love that they lean into that underneath the mask, bits of Anakin, the dork who occasionally pull pranks and make bad puns, still shine through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Synthbuttrange posted:

This is kinda hot

I am your daddy

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
From the Deadpool & Wolverine trailer:

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Chinston Wurchill posted:

This was everything I was hoping it would be and then some. It is a bit weird to have an anti-capitalist message in a Marvel comic, not to mention acknowledgement that corporations making fun of themselves is a way for them to distract from the harm they're doing, but I'll take what I can get.

Late to this conversation, but having finally read the issue, they where absolutely aware of what they where doing. Note how it highlighted every incoming ad page in the comic, real and in-universe.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Ultimatum #5 (2009)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Hellstorm: Prince of Lies #5 (1993)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nipponophile posted:

From the Deadpool & Wolverine trailer:

Oh my loving god.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Suleman posted:

If we count Hate-Monger, the Hitler clone, then Hate-Monger himself, twice.

If we count Hitler, the Austrian fascist dictator of Germany who appeared in several Marvel comics, then Hitler at least once

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Phy posted:

If we count Hitler, the Austrian fascist dictator of Germany who appeared in several Marvel comics, then Hitler at least once

I'm pretty sure in Marvel comics Hitler didn't kill himself. Nixon did though.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nixon killed Hitler? What a retcon!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lobok posted:

In the Marvel Universe Nixon committed suicide in front of Captain America.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Air Skwirl posted:

In the Marvel Universe Nixon committed suicide in front of Captain America.

With sliding timescale, it's probably like Clinton now, maybe Bush Sr. at oldest.

e: vvv You're right, I was thinking way off, Bush Sr/Clinton would be too far back for Cap to have thawed, gone on adventures, and still be at his perpetual 30-something

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 22, 2024

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Bush Jr cuz cap made him feel bad for invading Iraq

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

davidspackage posted:

I am your daddy

Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

101 Ways to End the Clone Saga #1

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ben melts? That's your grand solution? I think you got a screw loose mister.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Lobok posted:

Groundhog Day-style comedy wherein Hitler wants to kill himself but he keeps getting interrupted by time travellers who kill him instead. Call it... Hitler wants to kill himself.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Immortal Thor #1 (2023)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They're right. Loki looks great.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The pencils and colours in Immortal Thor are amazing in general, but they do a fantastic job with Loki because they really highlight their gender-fluidity and magical nature, like they seem to almost present a little differently panel to panel in some scenes while staying recognisably Loki.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Love that Loki started out in the comics as an ugly thug-looking guy and now he's androgynously beautiful / beautifully androgynous.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Apr 24, 2024

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

House of Mystery #87 (1959)

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Lobok posted:

Love that Loki started out in the comics as an ugly thug-looking guy and now he's androgynous my beautiful / beautifully androgynous.

Also makes this a bit ironic:

Earth X#0, IIRC

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

TwoPair posted:

With sliding timescale, it's probably like Clinton now, maybe Bush Sr. at oldest.

e: vvv You're right, I was thinking way off, Bush Sr/Clinton would be too far back for Cap to have thawed, gone on adventures, and still be at his perpetual 30-something

Pretty sure at this point it'd be Obama.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
From today's Daredevil #8 (60th anniversary issue).

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I hope those first four panels allude to new villains!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Earth X#0, IIRC

I like thors rows of dog nipples

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Infinitum posted:

Sure there's an interesting concept somewhere of Hitler being cloned indefinitely via Venture Bros sleeping pod memory backup devices, so the Nazi Time Cops basically replace him every time someone comes back in time to kill him - Thus always maintaining the timeline no matter how many times he's killed

Reminds me of this classic:

https://reactormag.com/wikihistory/

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Earth X#0, IIRC

Why is the Monarch from Venture Bros. there?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i can't help but be a little curious as to why she thor has chicken legs and the punisher logo is the page symbol

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

site posted:

i can't help but be a little curious as to why she thor has chicken legs and the punisher logo is the page symbol

Punisher logo is because one of the villains of Earth X was a new Red Skull who used a red Punisher logo as his symbol.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

site posted:

Those are Thor's leg wrap things, but they come up higher.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

muscles like this! posted:

Punisher logo is because one of the villains of Earth X was a new Red Skull who used a red Punisher logo as his symbol.

As opposed to real life, where the nazis use a blue one.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Ghost Rider #12 (1991)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Tales to Astonish #21 (1961)

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

maybe clark should learn how to give a foot massage

Wonder Woman #7 (2024)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So what they have a spa day? That must be hazardous for the workers, I hope Superman tips well.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

SimonChris posted:

Wonder Woman #7 (2024)

is his other power paying for the mani pedis

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Darthemed posted:

What a twist!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Darthemed posted:

There was a 1961 Twilight Zone episode that did something similar: Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x807fkj