Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Hanma family fought for the Emperor so what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Hanma family fought for the Emperor so what

yuichiro didnt fight the us for japan. the war was already over. he fought them because they tried to blow him up for no reason.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

if doppo-gaiden is any clue, he probably did it cause he needed some cash

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

New Rahen

Shinogi got a massive death flag lol.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jack is going in high on his latest, most potent performance enhancing drug yet

the grudgingly given praise of a lovely parent

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Gymnasts are strong!

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Plutonis posted:

New Rahen

Shinogi got a massive death flag lol.

No one ever dies in Baki... Except Retsu lol. Jack will bite his entire head off somehow and they'll just reattach it

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
All Jack's jobbing has been building to this. After so much build up, getting praise from Yujiro, he is going to lose to Shinogi 10 chapters into a new series. The ultimate job.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Are we sure pickle isn't a hanma

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

Open for MEGACLES

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I haven't read the chapter yet but I predict it again will become fascinated with this dude, like he did biscuit, and just go on a twenty chapter tangent with him

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsSXgbtLFK4

These just keep getting better.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why does it sound like he recorded the audio from a speaker

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Hah! Wow!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Homoeroticism, Jack's one weakness

Thoren
May 28, 2008
https://mangadex.org/title/4294a016-684b-4a86-8c6f-cc0e8bb2a669/baki-gaiden-hana-no-chiharu

Chiharu Gaiden is up to Chapter 11

But it's on break next month.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

goblin week posted:

Homoeroticism, Jack's one weakness

Has a decent record fighting the strongest people on the planet, but is 0-for lifetime in Gay Chicken.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

He will never be the strongest until he accepts the inherent homoeroticism of single combat to submission or death

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm late as hell but "even with a pistol made with modern ammunition technology, it couldn't subdue mankind's primal weapon, the fist, which has a history of over 3 million years." is such a spot on baki line.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Monaghan posted:

I'm late as hell but "even with a pistol made with modern ammunition technology, it couldn't subdue mankind's primal weapon, the fist, which has a history of over 3 million years." is such a spot on baki line.

The whole video is perfection, I can't even pick a favorite moment. We can only pray Itagaki sees it and reacts to it.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

The needlessly hyper-excessively violent escalation over some stupid comment is also very Baki. He was not strong enough to have the right to say those words

Also the random cut to a bystander retelling the events in dramatic fashion was yep.

TheDoublePivot
Feb 27, 2013

Bisse posted:

Also the random cut to a bystander retelling the events in dramatic fashion was yep.

For me the prison guard narration during the Baki-Oliva fight was the peak of this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Work Friend Keven posted:

Dave from Osaka Prefecture, age 35: "I myself am a raper... I know the challenge of raping. To put it simply... What I saw that day was not possible by the laws of human limits."

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

TheDoublePivot posted:

For me the prison guard narration during the Baki-Oliva fight was the peak of this

Oh god yea, the sudden cuts to "Norretranders writes..." and other random jump cuts.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Baki is on hiatus until further notice.

Reason: Itagaki doesn't feel like it right now.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

starting to regret giving jack a win

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

Thoren posted:

Baki is on hiatus until further notice.

Reason: Itagaki doesn't feel like it right now.

Bit off more than he could chew :smugmrgw:

Thoren
May 28, 2008
It was actually the translator who's taking a break.

Rahen is back on!

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aODxjsyIIg
Baki crossover

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I read Ashura but not Omega and this doesn't feel like a fair matchup. What is Ohma gonna do when Baki whips out the triceratops stance?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Has Baki had a loss since Yujiro killed his mom? I guess Pickle beat him but Pickle cheated by using a technique?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

No Wave posted:

Has Baki had a loss since Yujiro killed his mom? I guess Pickle beat him but Pickle cheated by using a technique?

When Baki first met Musashi, he was 100% KO'ed/defeated. Musashi swung his body like a sword straight into the ground.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Didn't he get poisoned by the Void Fist guy and was forced into a 'tactical retreat' to recover?

Thoren
May 28, 2008
https://mangadex.org/chapter/24404720-5f6e-4eca-a3f4-12a5801d8ca7

Chapter 17

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hanma family dinner 2

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

All this Jack stuff owns and is the best baki content in a while imo

But its bullshit the cordcut guy not only lived but made a complete recovery in a couple days. Jacks fighting is sick and gruesome in the best way because biting chunks of flesh feel like what should be permanent injuries but this kind of sucks that tension out of it

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Lol at thinking permanent injuries, much less mortal wounds, are a thing in the Bakiverse. Just off the top of my head, we've seen the loss of eyes, loss of hands, severed major nerves, completely crushed ribcages, point-blank shotgun blasts, and a handful of bullets going off inside someone's loving mouth shrugged off with sheer willpower and/or sufficient flexing.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Bisse posted:

Didn't he get poisoned by the Void Fist guy and was forced into a 'tactical retreat' to recover?

Yeah, and now that you mention it, Baki did 100% lose to Yanagi (void fist poisoner guy) at first. Yanagi took all the air out out of Baki with his vacuum palm move. This was before Baki's sex powerup. God I love this dumb manga so much

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Prisoner arc was so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Yeah. I feel like the raitai tournament was where the series' use of Baki changed. He got the sex power up, he uno reversed a fatal poison, and from that day forward he was basically on par with the series' heaviest hitters. To an extent where he rarely fights unless it's The pivotal fight of an arc.