Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
What was the point of the whole Ali Jr ark?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
It's pretty jarring when a character whose entire reason for existence in the series is to get dunked on by Yujiro starts taking out fan favorite characters. Also Yujiro spent the entire first 3 series murdering people for no reason so I don't get the whole "he doesn't fight to kill" argument

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Baki is only good in the same way that things like Blood Sport and Under Siege are "good". It's complete schlock that's only appealing to broke brained weirdos on the internet.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Mods please change my name to motobestomper58

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Awesome! I love it when all my favorite characters job to some dude with no backstory

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
New baki chapter is out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ogFJCBHVs

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
My favorite part has to be Jack's steroid doctor blowing his brains out because Jack had become too drat strong

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Not going to lie, this arc has been pretty underwhelming for me. The series has been kind of spinning its wheels ever since Baki fought Yujiro

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
I know were not supposed to base it on losing fights but Sirkorsky got the best beat downs of the arc

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
The only racist thing with Oliva I can think of is the old black guy into fat white women stereotype

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Jack is the gatekeeper for the top 3 imo

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Collapsing Farts posted:

Ali Jr was just a big wet fart tbh and yeah, he got completely destroyed by Jack, who himself has been completely destroyed by multiple fighters at this point

Just Baki, Pickle and Motobe right?

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Thats the thing with Jack, sometimes hes the hammer ands sometimes hes the nail

Thats the nature of Baki, everybody gets their L eventually

Eustace fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 22, 2020

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
He got punked by Ali jr and lost (I still dont understand what happened there please somebody explain it to me) the father and son battle against Baki

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

The lying on my back technique that Yujiro pulled out is basically a taunt that Ali Jr. didn't fall for. Ali Jr then made fun of him and walked out the room.

What's funny is that one of the dudes testing Ali Jr. to get into the Raitai Tournament did the same poo poo and Ali Jr. just beat the poo poo out him.

No I mean the fight with baki. It gets treated like baki won that fight

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Itagaki was overcompensating for decades of homoerotic content

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Listen here mac, if you think im signing this friendship treaty then you must be crazier than a dog in a hubcap factory

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
now with retsu's spirit by his side, orochi can job twice as effectively

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Yujiro is Itagakis self insert and he represents the author not giving a gently caress about the story anymore and just enjoying himself

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
this arc really sucked rear end

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
I think part of the purpose of this arc was to depict the Hakuho analogue getting brutally and mercilessly owned by "real" sumo

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Baki is good again

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Itagaki is just chillin these days. Hes got tenure, all hes gotta do is fart out a new chapter every once in awhile with something goofy like yujiro threatening to rape an american politician and thats enough to keep dumbasses like me hooked.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

I hope we can get back to the main storyline now

What storyline? This a vibes based manga now

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Its seems like Itagaki wanted to show how cool sumo is but couldnt actually bring himself to show the main cast losing

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
I love it. there was absolutely no reason for him to blow up his own ribcage like that

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
this sucks lol

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Jack is such a nice and respectful dude

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
You gotta respect that Itagaki is going to continue phoning in this series to collect a paycheck all the way into his golden years

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
but job in a way that doesnt make him look too bad. cant have the status quo changing you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Itagaki is on the old mangaka tenure track that the guy who does ippo is on. Fart out a couple of 8 page chapters every few months and enjoy your golden years