Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I just ran into this anime on youtube out of nowhere. It was the fight between the Yakusa boss and Speck

It was so ridiculous and stupid and awesome that I am now a fan of this series. The biggest complaint I have is the massive focus on The Ogre, the dullest antagonist ever. Every other character is great and I enjoy their fights tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah I know, I just finished that arc. I really wanted Baki to win, instead we got soup

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So clearly the superstrong in this setting can be shot and cut, like the Yakuza boss being shot by that psycho criminal guy

Even the Ogre got subdued by tranq darts? Yet they keep saying that guys like Ogre could defeat entire armies, to the point where the USA was afraid of him? Wouldn't a bunch of guys with machine guns do him in? What about a helicopter pumping high powered rounds into him? the durability of the people in this series make absolutely zero sense and I love it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Just snipe him

Like with the tranq darts

but bullets

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Musashi was basically defeated by a tazer gun and only got back up because they stopped tazering him. And he's supposed to be a top tier supermonster strong guy

He then proceeds to kill a small army of heavily armed SWAT teams without them being able to get a single shot off at him

Basically the strong in this comic can do whatever the plot demands at any point but are also somehow vulnerable to everything as well

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Actually, the best base for Sumo is being a small muscular wrestler, not a fat guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxRcMQ_kH1g

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 3, 2018

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

This claims that Oliva is only as strong as the current (real) worlds strongest man if he can only lift half a ton in deadlifts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6eC_klO21I

Seems like he's scaling back power levels a bit

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I just want to say that this is the most "new Baki fan" statement of all time

Yujiro is many things but he is most certainly not goddamn dull, Yujiro is loving hilarious

Yujiro is good when not fighting. Like the scene where Motobe says he's going to protect Yujiro. Or when he does unnecessarily over the top stuff like walking through plexiglass for shits and giggles. That stuff is fun

Yujuro is bad when he's casually owning everyone while the author masturbates about it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Glagha posted:

I like how many of the punchmen are all something resembling friends despite how many of them have grievously injured one another. Actually just in general how they react to losing appendages/most of their faces.

Yeah, it's pretty great. They brutalize eachother but as long as it is a good fight, they're ok with it.

Yujiro took Doppos loving eye but now they're hanging out in bars together

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

lol

I love this comic

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

This link does not work :(

Speaking of links, are there any sites with the full manga up to now? I can only find incomplete stuff

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
He's bringing back Speck :stare:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Jose posted:

i watched the first 2 episodes and i quite liked the animation for retsu/katsumi sparring but if its all like that i can see it being annoying

That 3D stuff was ok. The rest of the 3D stuff in the show is rushed and ugly as gently caress

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They started with one of the strongest characters this time, to act as measuring stick

Where do you even go after Oliva? Straight to Pickle?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Don't get any favourites in this manga because they are all gonna get chumped, mercilessly and relentlessly

Including Baki himself

The only exception to this is Yujiro

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The hardest Yujiro gets owned is someone being mildly rude at him and Yujiro being unable to murder the guy in time or his son beating him at imaginary soup dinner

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

K. Flaps posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pb41ua-YgA This would have been much better if Dorian didn't randomly turn into PS2 graphics. I hope the Ali Jr arc will get made soon and with less cgi and more fighting.

Yeah the CGI is awful

Everything else is truly wonderful

In other news I can't find translated scans of the last part of the original maximum tournament from the first manga, nor the entire musashi arc and onwards. This manga is all over the drat place on the internet

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That is some fancy well-greased well-braided hair if I may say so myself

This guy must be strong

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Tough isn't half as good as Baki but it definitely delivers on penis tea

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It was posted here;

https://manganelo.com/manga/baki_dou

And ye, the last few uploads are not in order. It's a clusterfuck

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yujiro is a bad guy yeah

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I want to see more impossibly buff impossibly durable and impossibly manly men smashing eachother to bits :(

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Fun fact, this series has never been even remotely realistic

It basically started with Baki fighting prehistoric apes and training by throwing himself off cliffs. The fun comes from the mix of grounded setting + completely cartoonish over the top characters doing their thing there

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's also that Baki is actually one of the very strongest entities on earth at this point so in order to introduce a new threat you gotta have him go through the roster of lesser fighters. Baki is like the endboss now together with Yujiro

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
loving is like punching, but with your dick

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

What in tarnation

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So far Baki is dominating our thicc boi

I would expect the sumo to be able to put up a bit more of a fight since he so effortlessly destroyed guys like Biscuit

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm expecting another kick to the face.

I really hope it's this

Followed by smug Baki

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Truly Baki is the strongest wizard, the most powerful Punchmancer

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Baki is kind of just another character in his own series after a while. Leading up to the fight with his father he gets a lot of spotlight though

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
In the magical universe of Baki, adopting a stance where you lean forward awkwardly means becoming as heavy and powerful as a dinosaur

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I liked the part where the force ghost of Yujiros father materialized out of thin air shortly before Baki defeated his father in a game of imaginary mass-psychosis dinner preparation

(all of Baki is good)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I hope Retsu gets a rematch against the guy who killed him

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Cyborg Retsu will master the art of robotic martial arts

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Glagha posted:

That's kind of the fate of all women in the Bakiverse. Just stay the gently caress away from giant muscle men at all costs or something terrible will happen to you to make one of them feel bad or mad.

Edit: I have a hard time understanding the Kozue/Yujiro relationship from what little I've seen of it in the series because she seems to stand up to him sometimes which seems like a death sentence but he seems like he has a weird sort of respect for her in his own... y'know, Yujiro way.

Yujiro liked that she was hosed in the head and comitted to training Baki to become a challenger to Yujiro but he never really cared deeply about her.

In typical Baki fashion it seems he gained respect for her when she struck him and tried to defend Baki from Yujiro. He showed his respect by killing her of course

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well he should, but it should be between huge musclemen who find love through extreme violence

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They should just get it on and have Yujiro and his son conquer the world. The story arc after that could have aliens invading who love to fight

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Nov 2, 2019

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
genetic superiority

They were always strong, always special, unique

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What is it with the japanese and twirling nipples like they're tiny steering wheels