Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
So how about that art evolution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
I'm bringing up art evolution again for a bit.

Hanayama vs Yujiro Hanma in the original manga (His hand is hosed up from the previous fight, it's supposed to look weird):

Hanayama vs Yujiro Hanma in Baki Dou:

Suleman fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 6, 2015

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Nah he's still alive but gets murked by Sikorsky on the prisoners arc iirc

I think the russian guy Sikorsky murders is the giant wrestler http://baki.wikia.com/wiki/Alexander_Gallen introduced in the tournament where Jack Hammer also debuts. Not sure if this guy ever returns.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Jose posted:

Is the retsu isekai done or is it just really infrequently made since he works on Baki full time?

Retsu Isekai is done by a different person. Unless Eiji Murai is Itagaki's assistant, he doesn't work on Baki proper.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Monaghan posted:

Baki has sort of a power creep problem now. He's fought his dad, a super strong caveman and the best swordsman in history. When the next opponent is just some big sumo guy it loses the impact, but there's also the problem of where the hell do you go from here.

They've defeated the greatest fighters from both history and prehistory, so next they should fight the greatest warriors of the future.

Baki vs Hanmatron 9000

or, alternatively

Baki at his physical peak vs 90-year-old Baki at his technical peak

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Kuros posted:

Biscuit: Flexing and sleeping on the 5% of the bed allowed to him by his girlfriend.

Recoving from destroying his own ribs by flexing in his last appearance, most likely.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
A video I couldn't figure out how to embed

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
There was a whole chapter as a tribute to Antonio Inoki! A sweet, weird chapter for a weird old man.

In other news, this manga continues to be loving stupid:

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Do you have a link?

The Antonio Inoki tribute

The newest actual Baki chapter

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Yeah I loving knew it when I read those two, those are fake scans by a rewriter. Spinyback just translated the Igari one with the ACTUAL translation here:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/4da8ee3d-8faf-4018-88ee-220560a79eb6/9

What the bork
The existence of fake scanlations is baffling to me.

Suleman fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Nov 10, 2022

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Andrew Lime posted:

Raws (sorry about it being a video): https://youtu.be/pSEQyg4JAgs

Jesus christ.

Kehaya has got to be one of the lamest threats of the week in Baki history, good grief. He has achieved nothing and beaten nobody.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Oh boy, Sumo #1 is going to get the Ali Jr grudge match humiliation treatment.
...Ehhhh.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

Triangle Man rolling over in his posting grave rn

The only triangle men that matter:

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
Baki-Dou Chapter 140 got scanlated.

Hey, remember how Sukune was revealed to be the only human capable of squeezing coal into diamond?

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

sukuna turned oliva's ribcage into an accordion but sure I'll buy he's concerned for his opponents

To be fair, it was Oliva himself flexing that actually fully destroyed his own ribcage.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

"No one knows how strong I really am, all those earlier fights don't count, I wasn't really trying my hardest (even though I permanently lost parts of my body)."

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Rabid Boar posted:

The best possible ending to the Retsu isekai is him getting reincarnated back in the main Bakiverse

They literally cloned and resurrected Musashi, not a big stretch.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Collapsing Farts posted:

Hanayama has gotten cut up, curbstomped and exploded. Throwing him will do like, nothing at all to him

Ah, but see, what if the only thing that can beat Hanayama is Hanayama? Redirecting his punch energy into the ground is like having him punch himself!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

well that and baki's dad

Well, yes, but we've already established that Yuujirou can beat up the Earth.
So, if this works out and Hanayama jobs to the planet Earth, we can establish some sort of Baki tier list.