Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
If JoJo ever dries up (God help us) David needs to do an ultra-faithful adaptation of this next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
It's just awkward when the stream of piss is coming out like 2 inches away from his body though

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Ahahahaha what the gently caress

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

hahaha what the gently caress

how is that man not dead, did they explain that at all or is it just regular Baki anatomy

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Pewdiepie posted:

Because he is a trained fighter.

so basically just "it's Baki, roll with it" gotcha

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Every time I get reminded that one of the biggest badasses in this is an unfrozen karate caveman named loving Pickle, I lose my poo poo laughing. I love Baki so goddamn much.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Eventually the author's just gonna say "gently caress it" and make Retsu a Namekian

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

this is funny without understanding the caption, and amazing if you do. like god drat that is an inspired pun

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so i finally broke down and started trying to watch the convicts arc on kissanime

jesus gently caress these subs are bad :psyduck: this is like, DB Super speedsub quality

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Plutonis posted:

That's why I'm waiting for netflix...

now I am too, because loving hell

i just wanted to warn everyone away from trying to watch early

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Zzulu posted:

The biggest complaint I have is the massive focus on The Ogre, the dullest antagonist ever.

I just want to say that this is the most "new Baki fan" statement of all time

Yujiro is many things but he is most certainly not goddamn dull, Yujiro is loving hilarious

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I suppose the "maiming each other then suddenly friends" comes from how much Itagaki loves combat sports, which really focus on the "leave it in the ring" stuff. Like, you try and kill each other while you're fighting, but it's just sport.

The entire thing that makes Yujiro hilarious is that he has no concept of what a ring is except "the place where giant pussies go to fight" and just randomly loving murders people for shiggles

Nobody in the cast should be willingly associating with him at all by this logic

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr Christmas posted:

This reminds me of Sechs in Battle Angel Alita learning how to "move at supersonic speeds while standing still" or something like that by hyperaccellerating the fluid circulating in his body. Except this is something a human can apparently do.

Alita really is just RoboBaki.

e: or Baki is just Meat Alita, I guess? I don't really know which came first.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 16, 2019

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Relin posted:

gently caress, my goon pal is having a baby right around then so no baki for us now :( get bent, dub watchers, seriously

I mean you can just... go watch the rest of it if you don't care about the dub :shrug: it's been out subbed for a while on the :filez: sites afaik

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

:psyboom: WHAT

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
man, Baki himself doesn't do very much in s2

I kind of get it, because none of the convicts are actually anywhere near his weight class (so to speak), but... it's a little odd

e: as in Netflix s2, not the Maximum Tournament anime

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
That honestly tracks

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Glagha posted:

You say that, and that was probably true at some point because Yujiro has been kind of inconsistently written, but he explicitly declared his respect for Muhammad Ali for refusing the draft and there's a bit about people looking up to him as a hero because he was off fighting warlords and stuff, inadvertantly protecting the common people suffering under them. I dunno it's kinda unclear, because he's explicitly been shown declaring his disdain for the weak and how he can do whatever he wants because he's the strongest, but then he's telling Muhammad Ali how cool he is for standing up to the government during the civil rights movement. Yujiro is a man of contrasts. (Who really likes murdering people with his bare hands)

Yujiro prizes all forms of strength. Ali standing up against his whole country is the kind of poo poo Yujiro loves.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I imagine Itagaki the elder might be deliberately spinning his wheels a little because his daughter's series is currently blowing the gently caress up and he doesn't wanna draw attention away from her.

(Itagaki's daughter is the mangaka for Beastars, in case anyone didn't know)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Pewdiepie posted:

Maybe he's spinning his wheels because he's spent his entire life as a mangaka only to be considered a punchline/extremely strange person while Paru has already achieved worldwide acclaim with her debut manga.

that's not really accurate for Itagaki senior, Baki's been pretty popular internationally forever (the Netflix series is actually the second time it's blown up in the west, the old-rear end OVA got pretty popular in the early 90s and a lot of people remember Baki similarly to, like, Cyber City Oedo or Demon City Shinjuku)

if anything, him being a punchline or mostly known as weird is a more recent thing, Baki used to just kind of be one of the old mainstay punchman manga before people started really picking up on how batshit bonkers and meme-able it is

especially given he seems to be a pretty nice dude and a good dad, if he's doing it deliberately, he's probably just doing it to see if he can't give his daughter a little boost

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Plutonis posted:

The biggest red flag is learning that he scoops out the foam out of beer with a spoon which is super psycho poo poo

i mean ideally you pour the beer with the glass at an angle so you don't end up with very much foam to begin with, the foam is gross as hell

i could see doing that to salvage a hosed up pour though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean real talk I think most dudes are weak to getting kicked in the dick until they loving bleed

We're only calling that weaksauce because we have insane loving supermen like Hanayama in this cast who can just shrug off things like getting half their face blown off like it ain't poo poo