Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

So I watched Baki Hanma on Netflix and it was really fun but also dumb and bad but still fun and cool art, but more than that what the gently caress is up with the enormous loving sexism, how the gently caress did a series get made like this in 2023????
Like, I can deal with 'the series is only about muscular guys fighting', not 100% optimal but no big deal it's fine I can deal with it and enjoy it.

In Baki though I watched a woman get squeezed to death by a hug in front of her son, and the narrator explain that while she died in a lot of pain, she also experienced euphoria because hugging is love and thus her deepest desire as a woman was being satisfied.

Also multiple instances of, woman cant Punch This Hard because biology but also too emotions.

Caveman Gonna Rape because of course Caveman Gonna Rape, what did you think he would do the instant he saw bewbs, idiot.

Ha ha his girlfriend is Very Fat. This is funny because we thought she would be hot. Also 1000% abusive relationship but hey *insert monologue about True Love*

Oh and also rapemurdering your wife and punching your son to death is the deepest, most meaningful form of parenting. Thank god dad thought me how to Punch Hard. Worth it.

Like one single out of these would be debatable, but all of them together, well houston we have A Problem.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Sep 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Suleman posted:

Ah, but see, what if the only thing that can beat Hanayama is Hanayama? Redirecting his punch energy into the ground is like having him punch himself!

bla bla causality yada yada

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Collapsing Farts posted:

I like how Yujiro murdered Bakis mom but Baki still looks up to Yujiro. Yujiro also raped Jacks mom but Jack still idolizes him lol
I liked when Baki was about to have sexo-da with his girlfriendo and Yujiro randomly bursts in through the window YES YES YES CONSUME HER LET HIM FEAST ON YOU AND GAIN TRUE POWERS IT IS YOUR JOB AS A WIFE BROUHAHAHAHA *leaves*

Bisse fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Dec 4, 2023

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Baki has a lot of weird poo poo in it and like, i've only seen the netflix animes, but the weirdest poo poo to me was the whole deal with Muhammad Ali Jr. The concept was super cool and a really interesting first half. Then suddenly someone pushed the 'ok enough coolness from this guy time to destroy him' button and
- everyone he previously fought and OHKO'd suddenly reappear to break his face and bones. "Oh i thought you were just having a play fight last time ok here's a real fight" ??? ok sure bro
- his own dad trains for months to reappear when he can barely walk thanks to broken bones to further beat the everloving poo poo out of him, this is a valuable lesson somehow
- he finally gets his shot against Baki and goes down in two hits accomplishing literally nothing
- afterwards he is crying like a baby saying he is not a fighter
- never reappears again

Like I can kind of understand the idea of showing the difference between trying to gain your fathers respect and actually living the Real Baki Fighting Life, but the execution is just so gross and meanspirited. Like what the gently caress.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

The needlessly hyper-excessively violent escalation over some stupid comment is also very Baki. He was not strong enough to have the right to say those words

Also the random cut to a bystander retelling the events in dramatic fashion was yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Didn't he get poisoned by the Void Fist guy and was forced into a 'tactical retreat' to recover?