Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

You, Xander. You are goddamn lucky you are cute, especially when it's 5am and you've awakened me every hour, on the hour, since 1am by howling directly into my ear. I checked the cat boxes, they're clean. I checked the water dishes, they're topped off. I checked your food, and you still haven't eaten all of last night's meal. You have nothing to complain about. Shut the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

InvisibleMonkey posted:

Katya, you dumb bitch. Every time you eat a slug you spend 5 to 10 minutes unhappily cleaning your slime-covered face without letting me help, AND YET you keep eating them.

The internet told me slugs can contain parasites or could even be poisoned but ""not to worry! most cats only eat one once and discover it's not a pleasant experience", lmao not this dumdum.

pls stop, it's disgusting.

Reminds me of an extraordinarily dim pit bull I lived with. She had an anti-shake toy that was some kind of contraption where she'd bite on the middle, and if she shook her head, two spring-loaded balls would smack her upside the head.

So she'd pick it up, and she'd shake it...until she knocked herself unconscious. And then she came to, grabbed the drat thing, and promptly knocked herself out again.

We figured that was enough of that toy and it got handed down to a less stupid dog.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Cythereal posted:

Diagnosis: is a golden retriever.

And the condition is permanent :ohdear:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Shroomie posted:

My cat was ripping some horrible farts when I had him eating Wellness Core, but then he decided he only wanted to eat the Friskies that my godmother would sneak him when she came over at night to feed the barn cats. He's now fart free and it's easier on my wallet, so I guess that's a win?

I usually feed my fuzzy jerkbutt Blue Buffalo hairball formula, but my boyfriend at the time used to bribe his cats with Friskies wet food, so he bought some on autopilot and I didn't really want to waste it...

The only time I've ever smelled cat poo poo that rank was when I adopted a stray with giardia. Giardia shits are only marginally worse than Friskies shits, apparently.

It also turned him into a goddamn furry fart machine.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Aleta, you precious psycho, STOP LICKING MY ARMPITS WHILE I'M SLEEPING.

Better or worse than being awakened by your cat's stankity fish-breath because he decided to wake you by licking your nose?

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

iospace posted:

Post the offenders

He's mad because I won't let him sleep on my wrist while I type. Honey, it's cute, but you're making mom's wrists hurt, please stop.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Had to put down the dumbest idiot and bestest boy ever today.

Oh no, I'm so sorry :(

My fur jerk has a tumor on his leg. I had it looked at in February, before poo poo got wild, and the advice was to wait 3 months and come back in May for a re-evaluation. In the meantime, it's gone from the size of a small lemon to the size of a large orange. Meanwhile, the vet's office has emailed to say they're only doing emergency care and end of life care, because the state of Oregon wants them to be able to donate supplies to human hospitals if needed.

I don't know if it's an emergency, but...it's not NOT an emergency? And also, I live alone and he's my only companion at the moment. And we're about to go under quarantine in the Portland Metro.

I don't know what to do :sigh: And what happened to Booth makes it sound like it could be more of an issue than I thought.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Is there emergency vet care in your area? I'm in Wisconsin and there's that service for me but I'd have to drive 45 minutes for pet 911. My local vet only keeps normal business hours during the week.

There is, but they're being extremely picky about what they consider an emergency because of a lack of supplies and resources. I am calling them in the morning, tho.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
https://twitter.com/nem0/status/1242999281478299649?s=21

My little old buddy needed to have 4 messed up teeth and three cysts/tumors removed from his legs. One tumor weighed 1/4 lbs :stonk:

He is so stoned.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Hello Sailor posted:

I switched from a hard plastic carrier to one of the cloth duffel bag ones and it's so much better. My cat will actually go hang out in the cloth carrier once or twice a week, instead of treating it like the chamber of fear.

I like my soft carrier because the front unzips like a flap, and it also has a big double zipper on top, so even if Xander is being a wiggly little jerk-nozzle, I can still manage to stuff him into it without much effort. And it folds down flat for storage.

The sherpa-wrapped base platform is also nice, but I've had to wash it a few times after some post-anesthesia poos.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Haha! We could be Fleta, Aleta, and Lunita Mcgurn!

Technically, I think Aleta's last name is Boo, because once day I started calling her "Aleta Marie Boo" for absolutely no reason and it stuck.

My ex gave my cat a bunch of extra names, but I think my favorite is Sir Reginald Tubbs, Esquire.

His actual name is Xander.

No, I can't explain any of it.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Mister Speaker posted:

My surge protector popped so I've got no air conditioning. Regan loves it.

Does your cat ever try and play with you while you're DJing? :3: Mine doesn't, but he used to stand near the keyboards and swipe at me when I reached for the bass notes.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Aleta, you are not a dog. You cannot get upset every time I leave the house. You cannot get so relieved when I come home that you just pass out after yelling at me. Girl! Get your poo poo together!

lol if you haven't pissed off your roommates because your cat sits at the top of the stairs and howls from 5pm until you get home from your commute.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Xander, you handsome little poo poo. I know you're not fond of your kibble, but it's the only thing that doesn't make you poop weird. I've tried making it more fun by mixing some treats with it, but now you've dug thru, eaten all the treats, and spilled your kibbs all over the floor.

I can see you sniffing each kibb, realizing it's not a treat, and moving on to the next one. You're pretty, but you're not stealthy, old man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
I am so unbelievably delighted with those names :3: