Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

crowbb, you are a saint and your cat is lucky to have you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I, Butthole, it sounds like you have a perfectly fine cat. Treasure him, love him, bring him back to the helldump when he has done something truly horrific.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Cats really are the best at being the worst.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Werong Bustope posted:

I don't walk him on a leash (I've tried) he just trots along next to me as we bumble around my road and I throw tree seeds + sticks for him to chase. Sometimes he wanders into someone's front garden and rubs his face on everything. It's v cute and means he mostly does his business outside, which is a bonus.

We usually go for a walk everyday but I am incapacitated right now. He's upgraded from rolling to sitting on my chest and alternately yelling and headbutting me. Send help.

That's adorable and also, oh no, I'm so sorry.

I have something similar where my dog wakes me up at 4AM to go out...and he does this by either licking my face, stepping on my face (WITH HIS UNTRIMMED CLAWS) or using his head as a shovel to shovel me out of bed.

He's supposed to save this nudging for 5AM, so I now get to stumble out of bed, do my business, go back to bed...and get woken up in the same way an hour later.

Worst alarm clock ever.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

How?!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Cats.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Dear Apollo

STOP EATING DEER TURDS

THEY ARE NOT DOG TREATS

I KNOW THERE ARE A LOT OF THEM IN THE FIELD BUT FOR gently caress'S SAKE DON'T EAT THEM YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S IN THEM

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

APOLLO

I gave you a lovely long walk around the back field, the house, the yard, the north field, we played fetch with sticks until you actually stopped playing with them, we froliced in the front yard -

WHY DID YOU GO POO A MINUTE AFTER WE GOT BACK INSIDE

WHY

WHY WHY WHY

YOU HAVEN'T DONE THIS IN MONTHS YOU HAVE NO REASON TO DO THIS YOU -

:rant:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Apollo! My beautiful moron! If you're wriggling around in the grass and your collar pops off, you DO NOT immediately dash across the road to sniff in the neighbor's flower bed

I know you don't come when called and basically have to be on a leash permanently if you're outside but DO NOT DO THESE THINGS

The good news is that the flowers were so distracting I could come up and grab your ankle and get you back into the collar/leash and carry you home before you escaped again. Like. Pal.

I love my dog and I know to check the collar tightness over time now and I am

Just

:sigh: / :argh:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Phuzun posted:

The shelter I volunteer at does regular microchip clinics. Your dog seems perfect for this. The first thing the animal control will do is scan behind the dog's shoulders for a chip if it's ever caught without a collar (also do cats). We do these for $20 and there is likely something similar in your area. Goes thru petlink.net and let's you easily update your information whenever you need. It's also painless to the animal.

Hey, this is a good idea. Thanks! I'll look into it!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

So I was out watering the garden Apollo and he was having a BLAST and jumping in the water and getting super soaking wet

And then we walked around the house

And he found the world's stinkiest "mud" to roll in

and I cannot breathe anymore

I hosed him down again and a bit of myself and all is well but my god the memory of that smell is potent ugh ugh ugh ugh

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

iospace posted:

What a dick for sitting on your laptop.

That cat knows he's too majestic to be moved, the jerk

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

McGiggins posted:

You have too many cats.

I don't believe there's such a thing, as long as OP can feed and shelter them all.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

APOLLO

PORCUPINES ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS

WHEN I REALIZE WHO YOU'RE SNIFFING AND MOVE TO DRAG YOU AWAY, DO NOT FIGHT ME

DO NOT TRY TO DRAG ME BACK TO THE PORCUPINES

PLEASE TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Xenocides posted:

I have been tempted to start a sugar glider thread here but not sure if there would be interest. Also not sure if most people would class them with rodents and that they belong in that thread.

:justpost: I'd kill for more animal stories to read and follow along with.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

Ah, no way - they're great dogs! :D She'd just stick her cold, wet nose in your ear and keep sniffing obnoxiously, which would be guaranteed to wake you up immediately, haha

Talk to me about tripping in deep snow and having trouble getting up and Apollo running back to help me... by shoving his nose in my face and then trying to jump on me while I get up

I love you, you terrible terrible idiot

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

completely tipped me over while I was off-balance, making me land in the mud in the pouring rain with my umbrella landing elsewhere

all so he could do this and run around the tree 5000x times to get that squirrel

pal...

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Laslow posted:

My cat will sit in the middle of the hallway and will attack you if you trip over him. It’s just like, stop standing there, dumbass. He’s been doing that for years, as if he’d learn anything ever.

Meanwhile - after I bumped into my dog in the hallway a few times on the way to bed, he's shifted so he hurries down the hall and into a sideroom and waits until I'm through before he comes back out. Smart boy. :kimchi:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Randaconda posted:

dear cat i found in my yard and started feeding then let come inside because it's been cold,

i don't mind you sleeping with me, but could you not sleep directly on my neck

tia

Reminds me of the time I woke up unable to breathe because a certain cat was settled over my mouth and nose.... with his paws on my eyes. And he would extend the claws if I tried to move him. I wound up lying there with fingers under him so I could breathe through his fur, and I would have been mad if it weren't so perfectly evil.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

THIS jerkface. I took a lawn chair out to the back field so I could read in the sun for a while and he went "hey that's the only tall object within range lemme pee on it" despite us passing multiple good peespots on the way out there and PAL. I WAS GONNA SIT ON THAT.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

That really makes me wonder if cats like some hard surfaces in their otherwise cozy/fluffy beds - maybe some hind brain desire for a tree branch to sleep on?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I had to drag Apollo away from an angry snake today. It had its mouth open and reared up and my favorite moron was going to play with it anyways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Greg12 posted:

new dog thinks he belongs on the couch.

I read how to train him to stay off. The steps were:
1. Say "OFF."
2. Throw treat on the ground so he has to climb off to eat it.
3. Follow with another treat and lots of praise once he's back on the ground.

he now knows that he will get treats and love and attention by getting up on the couch. this is now his favorite game.

:allears:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Apollo! Dog! If you have a danglie let me deal with it instead of constantly hiding your butt from me! Aaaaa!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Apollo

I am not trying to hurt you

Please let me touch your butt so I can wipe it clean